US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

I may need a favor in the Tucson, AZ. area

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts
Default I may need a favor in the Tucson, AZ. area

Took the advice of another user and re-posted this in the regional section...

OK, so my Brother In Law is on his way back from Iraq. He did his year and is scheduled to return to his base just outside Tucson, Arizona after a month leave at home in Ohio. He is in the Army. So, he really wants my help getting his first car. I really think he should be OK getting something out there if I could recruit some help. We can scour the net for stuff he is interested in. I plan on taking him around to look at stuff here so I can show him things to look for and he can decide what kind of car he wants. Since this is a used car purchase, why would I have him get a car from the rust belt?? He'd be better off looking at stuff from the dry South West. Also, if he bought something here, then he would either have to spend days driving solo to Arizona or pay to ship it all the way out there.

So, anybody out there in the area that could help? Please???

Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Jag help in Tucson

Hi JOsworth, I can help. I purchased an 06 XJ8 here in Tucson last year from a private party. I keep my eye on the market. Let me know how I can help.
Bob

Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Great, I'll PM you if you don't mind. Jimmy is flying back to AZ on Saturday. I'm not sure what the time frame is, but his priorities have changed. We talked about his wants and needs. Since his company is deploying to Afghanistan next Summer, he his going to continue saving for a new body style Jeep Wrangler (what he really wants). That said, he is looking to buy a real cheap beater while out there, and dump it when he deploys. This way when he gets back from Afghanistan and comes home, he will have money saved up and not be concerned with getting something all the way back to Ohio. Yea, he plans on leaving the military and return to Ohio for college. So, thanks for the offer. If you still are interested in helping out, let me know...