US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Let's put together a Jaguar meet in Phoenix gents!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Gilbert. Just joined the forum today! Saturday mornings are perfect for a drive and breakfast. Scottsdale is the perfect run. My wife and I would love to join the meet n greet!
I drive an 08' XKR and my wife drives a 10' XF Premium

Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Would be fun but I am in the middle of replacing my thermostat housing so the cat is not drivable- next time!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by stallingsgrp
I am in Gilbert. Just joined the forum today! Saturday mornings are perfect for a drive and breakfast. Scottsdale is the perfect run. My wife and I would love to join the meet n greet!
I drive an 08' XKR and my wife drives a 10' XF Premium
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the XJR...

Well it sounds like we have enough members willing to show up and make it worth while.

Saturday morning it is then (March 26th). Want to just call it 10AM?
***Sandbar (take Tatum exit off 101, turn right going north, another immediate right into plaza entrance (after Verizon store), then sharp left into Sandbar parking lot (left hand side, back corner should be open enough to arrange many Jaguars))

Hope everyone that has chimed in over the last month or so will be able to attend!

Old 03-25-2011, 11:34 PM

Damn almost forgot tomorrow was the 26th already! Well I'll be at the Sandbar at 10 AM tomorrow with my brother. I'm going to have to get up early and wash mine.

Hope the majority of others will remember or see the post tonight.

Look for the black 96 XJR6 in the parking lot somewhere that'll be me!

Hope to meet some of you in the morning.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Well, this past Saturday's attempted Jaguar meet was an epic fail.

One other member showed up other than myself. Great guy and awesome XKR!

Needless to say I think most members that wanted to attend just forgot about it. Heck, I almost forgot about it and I started the thread back around the holidays. Good thing I happened to hop on the night before and realize what day it was. lol.

I'm sure with the great weather here now we'll target another weekend when more of us will definitely be there.

Funniest part about the "meet" was both our Jags had the hoods popped and one of those Ford Escape Hybrid security cars was rolling around the parking lot, he came over along side us and asked if the cars were stolen, laughed and kept going...pretty sure the truck was in full hybrid mode because I can't remember hearing a thing!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Sorry all - between the start of this thread and the meet I relocated to Northern California.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default headed that way

Hello my Jaguar buddies i will be moving to AZ later this year whats the best part of town there I've been looking into scotsdale but I wanna know about other spots there

Old 04-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Phoenix relocation

Originally Posted by Jag Breeder
Hello my Jaguar buddies i will be moving to AZ later this year whats the best part of town there I've been looking into scotsdale but I wanna know about other spots there
phoenix is a grid city in roughly four quadrants. North east is Scottsdale/n scotts, north west is glendale/Peoria, south east is Tempe/Mesa and Gilbert, south central is Ahwatukee. Airport sits in the middle.

Depending on your office location, traffic is a slow deal from the east to Phoenix (Hwy 60), north to Phoenix from Ahwatukee (I10 north), and south or southwest from Scottsdale to Phoenix (Hwy 101).

If you like partying, clubbing etc Arcadia, Scottsdale, and parts of Tempe are your cup of tea. Mountains (more like hills) would be N. scotts, Ahwatukee, north Phoenix and way east in Apache Junction. Priciest housing is Paradise Valley, N. scotts, scotts, Arcadia and most affordable in the pricy bunch would be Ahwatukee. But hey the whole city is running a 50 percent discount program right now!
The other areas are "bedroom communities" - Mesa, Gilbert, Glendale (Cardinals football), Peoria and most parts of Phoenix.

If you (like me) are a golfer, there are about 180 courses out here.
Hope that helps

Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good news fellas my job does relocating Ill be visiting in august I'm lookin into the scotsdale area anyone know of some real nice apartments in that area

Old 02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Count me in if this meetup ever gets going.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Let's revive the Jaguar meeting! I live in Tucson, but I've spent a couple of wknds in Scottsdale & Phoenix lately. Would like to go again if we can get some interest going. I know a member that lives in Tucson and I figure I can get him to show up too.

I think the original idea was to hit up a good restaurant and grace the parking lot with a bunch of different Jags.
Name:  P1040200.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  84.1 KB

Old 04-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

British cars! How about British food? British Open Pub Check out the website for this English pub and grill located near car row in Scottsdale. It's on the SW corner of McDowell and Scottsdale Rd. I'm up for a get together wherever we go as long as it happens when I'm not out of town. Let's do it!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Originally Posted by Cave Creek rider
British cars! How about British food? British Open Pub......... I'm up for a get together wherever we go as long as it happens when I'm not out of town. Let's do it!
Is it good? I'm consistently disappointed with British pub food, I just do my own now when I get the craving!
Has to be better than the George and Dragon!

Anyway it would be good to see some kind of meet in AZ the talks have been going on for a long time.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 PM

Count us in! We are ready for an afternoon of fun. Anytime during the day on the weekends.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Originally Posted by stallingsgrp
Count us in! We are ready for an afternoon of fun. Anytime during the day on the weekends.
That sounds kind of like a Craigslist ad!

Old 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

You guys need to come to the Cars & Coffee in Scottsdale.
I'll be taking my Portfolio ed. XKR as usual.

Its always the 1st sat. every month, so next week (Sat.5th May) is the next one. Cars start turning up around 7am. leave about 9am. get there early for the best spots as more and more cars seem to come each month.

Just incase you dont know what type of thing you keep missing:
"Monthly Cars & Coffee in Sunny Scottsdale, Arizona" discussion on Evo Community

Last edited by JustNiz; 04-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.