US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

More Jaguars in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 278 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Jstephen
I'm 43 miles west of Terrell. We're not exactly close are we?
No, it doesn't look like it. Lot quieter over here than where you are.

One time when I was working during my summer vacation while attending the University I was driving my 50 Ford in a residentual area on the west side of downtown Dallas in the evening. The car broke down. So I started walking toward the bus station to catch a bus for Terrell which is where I lived. When I got to the bus station the next bus didn't leave until 2am. So I started walking east again with the intention to hitch hike home. Got to the outskirts of Dallas and had no luck hitch hiking. Finally along came the bus. So I caught it and got home about 3am.

Don't think that little excursion could be done today.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm always up for a meet in the hill country

Old 05-19-2013, 06:49 AM

Today if you tried that excursion you'd be raped, robbed and left on the side of the road (alive, if your lucky)

Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Hurst, so pretty much anywhere in DFW is fine with me.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lewisville chiming in - I'm up for something in the area!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Default There may be an addition to the Jag population in Texas

I've been seriously contemplating relocation to Texas. I hear quite a bit about Sugar Land and Kingwood (Houston). I also looked into going to Austin but seems that the property values are higher and work opportunities are limited. I work in Automotive Repair Business as a Director of Business Development. Have over 10 years of Automotive Retail Management experience in California.

I have my Jaguar on the market locally in Southern Cali. If I can't get a good price for it, it might just have to join me in Texas.

Any suggestions or recommendations as to where to go? I have kids (high school and middle school) so great schools are priority.

My reason for relocation? Just fed up with all the here in Kommiefornia. Between the restrictions on small businesses and crazy property values there's very little left to enjoy.

Sorry if I am this thread. Please feel free to re-direct it to a proper locale.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:04 AM

If your tired of taxes, regulations and rule by weirdo, you'll love it in Texas. I've lived all across the country and Texas is definitely my favorite place, mainly because of the people. Lived in Houston (1960 and Sugarland), Fort Worth and Dallas. Also visit frequently Austin and San Antonio. Although anywhere in Texas is great, I like the Dallas area the best because of the pro business climate (I too am a small businessman), the cosmopolitan nature of the DFW area and the great access to anywhere in the country (3.5 hrs max to any city in the country) from what I believe to be the best airport in the country (500 feet max from parking to any gate). The suburbs of Dallas have great schools, housing is inexpensive and start up costs for opening your business is low. Sorry if I sound like a chamber member (which I'm not) but I am, as you can tell a big fan. Weather might be the only thing you give up moving form CA (depending on where you live of course). DFW is HOT in July and August, but spring and fall is great and winter is usually mild.

The following users liked this post:
Tirefriar (05-25-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 AM

Regarding a get together, like to put something together that's convenient for all of DFW area folks.
Why don't everyone who is following this post string, and is interested, chime in on your location, and I'll see what I can put together.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Texas versus Calif.

Tirefriar: I relocated California to Texas {Arlington ] never regretted it . like you I have 2001 XJR in great condition.
I plan on being in OC in June and would like to see your XJR so if your close to OC then PM me and I can tell you what's to love in Texas .
A walk through DFW airport would be a convincer LOLs a date

Re Texas meet , how about Sunday June 23 and I 20 / 360 location . or similar venue?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Kingwood and Atascocita is also a great place...It's out where I live. There is Lake Houston there, and if you like to bass fish or do other water sports it is a great place to be. The schools out here are good, too. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about the area further. I have lived out here for about 9 years now. We live on the water and love it.....

The following users liked this post:
Tirefriar (05-25-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having lived in East Bay SFO..Calif is a nice place to visit, but I certainly would NOT want to live there again. I've lived in Houston (2x), but moved back to DFW (Hurst) at the insistence of my spouse..I wanted to move to the Hill Country.

As for Austin, they actually have tee shirts and bumper stickers with "Keep Austin Weird" emblazoned on them. Austin is the most liberal city in Texas, also. I'm from Lubbock (you don't want to go there either) and have lived in San Antonio, which is not too bad.

As for a Meet N Greet, June 23 sounds OK to me, if I don't have to work..as I work part-time retail. I am retired from Exxon and have to stay busy or I will go crazy..

Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 PM
SLD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +1 in Plano

+1 in Plano!

Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 AM

Sunday is a bad day for me as I own a bistro in Forney and Sunday's are busy. A night meet is ideal. I could do a Sunday if it was late in the afternoon (since we close at 3pm), and not to far away. Or any day during the week (especially Monday-our day off).

Old 06-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm in Fort Worth. There are a couple of fun drives on this side of the metroplex (hubby is in a Solstice group and they know the best roads!!!). and then ending at a fun restaurant can be fun. I own a winery/bistro that does lunch and dinner and live jazz and stuff.... We ve had Solstice, Triumph, MG, etc. clubs here, maybe the Jags would like this.... we ARE car friendly!

Old 06-01-2013, 05:06 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Move to Texas

Tirefriar
Would you please PM your phone number again .
One you gave always "busy '
Meet up in a couple of weeks.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I'm in for a meetup, any day as i'm now my own boss! Sooner the better for convertible weather!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it would be great to have a gathering on North Texas Jaguar owners. I'm in. By the way, did you know that one of the nation's longest running Jaguar clubs is located in Dallas? The Jaguar Owner's Association of the Southwest celebrates its 50 year anniversary in 2013. I have been involved in the Club for the past twenty years. We have monthly Club dinners, a variety of gatherings and get-togethers, and a fall Concours event sanctioned by Jaguar Clubs of North America. If you are interested plase contact me on this forum and/or view our website at joasw.org. Hope to see more of you!

Old 11-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello all! Another Jaguar owner in S. Texas! A 2003 Jaguar XJ8 topaz in color to be exact. Rescued her from a little old lady, previous owner, who was abusing her physically with bad luck/driving lol Now, I'm getting to know her intimately as the rebuild to her once former glory has begun.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Default Welcome

Welcome to the group!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Received 224 Likes on 125 Posts

Probably should have piped up a while ago, but hey ho..

Living over in Royse City (15 miles East of Dallas) and am keen to meet like minded Jag owners for chats, food or whatever. I like to gets hands on all repairs and maintenance wherever possible and willing to help others where I can.

Quick Reply: More Jaguars in Texas