US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Phoenix Area XJ

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Area XJ

Thinking of buying a new 2011 XJ Supercharged from North Scottsdale Jaguar. Anyone with recent experience have any suggestions? If I need to order from the factory can I expect to pay close to MSRP?

Old 11-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  19.3 KB

Unfortunately I can't help with the specifics you require interleaf, but, Texascarsdirect get an excellent name here for selling / reselling Jags if you'd be willing to travel and drive back?
Not sure how far that is for you, but I know there's been many members on here done that and all pretty much very well satisfied if I remember rightly....just a thought?
Good luck

The following users liked this post:
interleaf2 (11-25-2010)
Old 11-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Default Texas Cars Direct

Thanks for the welcome suggestion, but Phoenix to Dallas and back is a 4 day 2,300 mile round trip drive, so is probably a bit far for me to go even if their service is spectacular. The nearest alternative dealer would be Tucson AZ which is 120 miles away. I don't have any specific reason not to buy locally.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  19.3 KB

Ok cool, well I hope that some of the local guys in the regional section drop by and help out some....

Good luck

Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

If you want new in PHX you don't really have any other choice than North Scottsdale.

I'd go and speak to them, I'm sure new Jags (or any of their other high end franchises) are flying off the shelves right now, there may be a deal to be had.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

If you can deal with the drive you will get better customer service at Royal in Tucson. I have had a few dealings with North Scottsdale Jaguar and cannot recommend them.

I believe all the new XJs are coming with free maintenance but if you need maintenance or repairs I'd highly recommend British Automotive Repair by the Costco near Scottsdale Airpark; Greg services both my Jaguars and he is very straight forward.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:55 AM
ud
Received 148 Likes on 75 Posts

I've had two customers for whom I've purchased cars in the Phoenix area and both of whom have had terrible service experiences at North Scottsdale, so I agree based on these, that you should try making Tucson if you could.

I've also had one customer in the area with a very bad experience using British Auto Repair too, so just some other data points.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 AM

Can you elaborate on what sort of bad experience? Was it with sales or with service that your contacts had problems?

The new cars get 50,000 miles free maintenance and warranty, but I would have to use the Jaguar dealer to get free maintenance.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

I had both of our Jaguars serviced there, very expensive and intermittent quality level. The real trouble came when we went to purchase the cars (we were leasing them) what a nightmare, hidden fees, poor follow-up. We ended up going through Royal in Tucson, we did everything remotely, and it was quick and painless.

Regarding service: The biggest issue I personally had with the service was a 4 wheel alignment on the XKR they couldn't get right, granted it was lowered (by a Jag dealer in California). One trip to British Auto Repair and the car rode like new again with much better tire wear.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 PM

I have been living in North Scottsdale for 2 months, just moved here from Buffalo, NY to continue my mobile detailing business.

I also have a good friend that used to work at BMW North Scottsdale as a technician. He recently resigned and started working at an indy German car shop. But to stay on track with your question he did not like working at the dealership at all, many terrible service stories.

It may have something to do with the fact that they're such a giant dealership, meaning they're all under the Penske Automotive Group. You would think purchasing those select new automobiles service would be much better than it is, but hey, out of close to 20 automobiles I have never bought from a dealer.

Jaguar North Scottsdale is just about the only true big Jag dealer source in Phoenix. You may get lucky with some of the many pre owned luxury & exotic dealers in the raintree area that could end up with an oddball 2011 XJ.

If and when you get your new XJ PM me and I'll offer a full promotional detail, which will be a much better job that any dealership whips together. Believe me I know.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jag Servicing in PHX

Interleaf:

I took both my Jags to North Scottsdale for all my warranty service, that was for about 4 years.
Not bad service, they give you a loaner for the day if you need it. Make sure you tell them what you need done and not vise versa. In a pinch I had to go there for some out of warranty service and that was big $$$, but that is with any of the Penske owned dealers there.

Couple of other good qualified Jag mechanics in the area.

Here is Greg's site, good work, fair pricing. He use to work for North Scottsdale.
http://www.britishautomotiverepairs.com/index.html

There is another mechanic named John Davidoff off of I-17. They do quality work also.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Anyone know a Jaguar guy or shop over near Moon Valley area? On a bit of a budget since this is a project car. @jagUR do you have Jon Davidoff's contact info?

Thanks

Old 06-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Yeah Penske owns that who site from the Porsche dealer to the VW around the corner. Shumacher MB is independent from them.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"do you have Jon Davidoff's contact info?"

This is an old thread but I ran across John on Craigslist. I called him up about a pre-purchase inspection and was happy to have about a 20 minute conversation about the kind of Jag I am looking for. He also sent me some pics of a car he knows about for sale. Seems to love what he does but obviously I can't speak to the quality of his work...yet anyway.