US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

radio advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question radio advice

I have a 2000 S-Type and need advice about listening to radio, via Bluetooth and my IPHONE.

Help?

Old 02-24-2023, 01:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I have a 2000 XK8 with the Alpine Premium Audio system. In another post it was recommended to try a P.I.E. ALP/AI-AUX interface and a bluetooth module. I have tried (2) of the interfaces with (2) different Bluetooth modules from EBay. My iPhone finds the module and connects, I play a song but whatever the CD player is playing continues to play. It looks to me like the module is putting out about.25 vac at peak. I'm wondering if the interface need to see more voltage/ current to switch? I may breakdown and get an aftermarket radio, but then that could turn into a wiring nightmare.

Old 02-24-2023, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erjent
Well, I have a 2000 XK8 with the Alpine Premium Audio system. In another post it was recommended to try a P.I.E. ALP/AI-AUX interface and a bluetooth module. I have tried (2) of the interfaces with (2) different Bluetooth modules from EBay. My iPhone finds the module and connects, I play a song but whatever the CD player is playing continues to play. It looks to me like the module is putting out about.25 vac at peak. I'm wondering if the interface need to see more voltage/ current to switch? I may breakdown and get an aftermarket radio, but then that could turn into a wiring nightmare.
Thanks...I think. Have a nice weekend.

Old 02-25-2023, 12:40 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by erjent
What system are you integrating? I just put a Motorola T-605 into my newly acquired XJR today. It’s perfect. I stream only Pandora or YouTube and the phone works perfectly, all through the factory wiring. Discountstereo sells an adapter harness that plugs into the back of your factory CD player but since I don’t use CD’s any longer, I just use my output from my CD changer, as my main source of music. What systems have you been trying? I wanted mine to stay original and look original and it does. The dash shows phone on the display, when in use, it pauses the music while in a call and I do everything hands free, change music, answer calls, make calls, etc…BTW, they have make a full plug and play set up but not quite as integrated

Last edited by Collector1; 02-25-2023 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2023, 06:56 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure what the Motorola T-605 is. When I pull it up it is a 2 way radio system.