US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

What's the best dealership in Houston area for service

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's the best dealership in Houston area for service

I was wondering which dealership in Houston is the best for having basic car services on Jaguar XF?

Old 04-05-2024, 08:42 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I have had very good luck at Houston Central Jaguar. Michael Quinones is an excellent advisor and has taken great care of our XKR and F Type SVR.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:44 AM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I forgot to mention they used to service our 2013 XF as well.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:47 PM
Old 04-07-2024, 06:50 PM

Thanks I will check them out.

The following users liked this post:
Golfnutjtl (04-07-2024)
Old 05-26-2024, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best non Dealership for Repairs

Houston/The Woodlands, Texas

I have used the dealership north and not pleased. Is there anyone else who is honest and does good work?

2009 Portfolio

Last edited by Rosiemom; 05-26-2024 at 11:59 PM. Reason: forgot location
Old 06-04-2024, 09:46 AM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Here is my experience with the Houston area dealerships -

I went to Central first and I had to book an appointment a week in advance because they didn't have a loaner to give me. Once I got inside, I did not like them from the jump or the service I received. I found the service staff to be that "cocky, I'm better than you, frat-boy type". I remember asking one of them a question about my car and he gave me the stink eye and shrugged his shoulders at me without saying anything. They kept my car for a few days and when I went back to pick it up, the issue I had wasn't fixed. Total waste of time! I never went back. The service staff are Sonic Automotive employees...more on that later.

@Rosiemom Then I took my car to Houston North. If my memory is correct, they told me it would be a day or so before they could inspect my car after I dropped it off. I was fine with this. I called a few days after this and my car still hadn't been looked at. They apologized and said they would look at my car the next day. The next day they called me and said they didn't see any issues with the car. I gave them specific instructions on the issue and told them to try again. 10 mins later they called me back and confirmed they too saw the issue. By this point, they've had my car over a week and I was growing impatient. The service staff informed they would need to keep my car longer to order parts and try to fix the issue and that I could come back to get my car while they waited for the parts to come or I could leave it with them. I decided to go back and get my car. I got my car and drove home. About half way home, I happened to look at my OD and I noticed there were more miles on the my car then when I dropped it off. More than I felt were necessary considering the issue I had with my car had nothing to do with how it drove. I explained this situation to someone I knew in the auto industry and he believes someone from the dealership probably took my car home for some weekend fun. Of course I don't have any proof of this but they had my car for too many days and I got it back with more miles than I felt was reasonable. I never went back. Once again...sonic automotive employees.

Sonic has a reputation for **** poor customer service. I have been told this by a friend who works in the auto industry in Houston. I STRONGLY recommend going to another dealership for service if the service crew are wearing sonic polo shirts!

A friend then told me to try Jaguar Clear Lake because they had just opened and they weren't Sonic. I have been going to them and overall I have been happy with the service. My service advisor came from central originally and he said stay away from central because of their poor service (supporting what my friend told me). He left Central for that reason. However, I do have a gripe with Clear Lake - the issue I have with my car requires a part to be replaced for it be resolved. I was told the part was on back order early 2023 but that they would order it for me. I called a few months later to follow up on my order and I was told the part was discontinued. This was Feb/March 2023. Fast-forward to April 2024 I found the part on eBay from a private seller for a reasonable price. I immediately called the dealership and told them I found the part and I asked them if I bought the part, would they reimburse me for it since it was discontinued and they couldn't get it? The service manager said no. He said they can't do it because they can't verify that it's a true JLR part. He said he would place another order for me because they showed the part was in stock. I found this EXTREMELY hard to believe because up until this point, the part was discontinued. Now, suddenly, it's available?! I should have listened to gut and ordered the part I found on eBay and fought the dealership about it afterwards. The service manager said he should have the part by the summer. 3 months pass and I called to follow up. He informed me the order was cancelled because they part was discontinued. Keep in mind, no one from the dealership called me to tell me the order was cancelled in the past 3 months! He then tells me if I find the part somewhere, I can buy it and they would reimburse me for it. WTF?! 3 months ago you said I couldn't do this?!? And of course, the part I found on eBay was now sold. He didn't even had the ***** to call me with this information. He sent me a text and I had to call him back. He was nonchalant about the situation and had the audacity to say he was frustrated about it. So while I do like the service there, this leaves me questioning should I go back because in the event I have any issues with service, I would be dealing with him again.

The only other shop left is Jaguar West but I live far from Katy.

Last edited by YepItsme; 06-04-2024 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-08-2024, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the experience run down. It is frustrating at best! I even bought new tires at Houston North and, of course, new sensors as well which have never worked properly. I can do a better job of checking the tires by sight than the sensors can! They can't seem to get them corrected. I had new wipers installed and now the washers do not work. Minor things but still. The list goes on and on. The only thing they seem to have gotten correct is the air suspension. Very frustrating. I live in the Woodlands so Clear Lake is a hike. I am hoping there is an independent somewhere in this county that can do what they say and make it work!

Old 06-08-2024, 07:09 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rosiemom
Thanks for the experience run down. It is frustrating at best! I even bought new tires at Houston North and, of course, new sensors as well which have never worked properly. I can do a better job of checking the tires by sight than the sensors can! They can't seem to get them corrected. I had new wipers installed and now the washers do not work. Minor things but still. The list goes on and on. The only thing they seem to have gotten correct is the air suspension. Very frustrating. I live in the Woodlands so Clear Lake is a hike. I am hoping there is an independent somewhere in this county that can do what they say and make it work!
@Rosiemom Have you gone to Champions? He's the best.

The following users liked this post:
Golfnutjtl (06-08-2024)