US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Jag Mechanic in the L.A. area?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by devo357
I have to give a thumbs up to Owen at Pasadena motorcars I hung out with him at his shop this Saturday while they were changing the tranny pan & sleeve on my wifes S Type. He really loves cars and has quite a collection of older Fords and has a built XJR thats really sweet! Has a lot of knowledge Jag specifics and is a cool guy.
Owen and his brother are really nice guys. I know that I keep plugging them but they did save me a lot of money on my tensioner swap.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking for help with the steering wheel air bag. Heard there could be an easy fix by taking it am part and cleaning connections that could eliminate the part replacement.

I live on Huntington Beach and I am looking for a great mechanic. I have an 06 XJ8 L

Old 02-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by williamsinhb
Looking for help with the steering wheel air bag. Heard there could be an easy fix by taking it am part and cleaning connections that could eliminate the part replacement.

I live on Huntington Beach and I am looking for a great mechanic. I have an 06 XJ8 L

I trust them. Try to get their opinion.

SMS European
European Automotive Service & Repair
5842 McFadden Ave. Suite A
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714)889-6553
SMS European Service - Huntington Beach, CA

Last edited by Nardoswiss; 02-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry in advance for the double post from the "western region techs" thread, but this one seems to be a bit more active.

Looks like RMB and PMC are the consensus choice for SFV and Pasadena. Does anybody know someone good and reliable in the Beverly Hills / West Hollywood / Hollywood / Mid-City area? I'm through with Hornburg, and ideally would like to go to someone close enough to visit during the workweek.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggySmall
Sorry in advance for the double post from the "western region techs" thread, but this one seems to be a bit more active.

Looks like RMB and PMC are the consensus choice for SFV and Pasadena. Does anybody know someone good and reliable in the Beverly Hills / West Hollywood / Hollywood / Mid-City area? I'm through with Hornburg, and ideally would like to go to someone close enough to visit during the workweek.

Thanks,

Josh
For the longest time, there was a large jaguar repair shop on fairfax, between melrose and Santa Monica. I know that the original owner sold it to some one. Not sure if it is still there...

Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jag Mechanic in the L.A. area

Angelo's on Fairfax is long gone. He sold it to employees and they were shut down for environmental violations. Charles Agapiou took it over but now it seems to be something else. In any event, it was always known for being very expensive.

I am constantly running into Jag owners in town and have not heard of anyone good or reasonable in the Hollywood/W Hollywood/MidCity area. I live in Hancock Park and gladly drive over the hill for RMB. Vineland and Magnolia is just north of Studio City. Also, depending on where you are coming from, the red line metro stop is a few blocks from the shop. I use the purple line at Wilshire/Western change at Vermont and am at the shop in 45 minutes to pick up my car. I know LA is not a subway kind of town, but this works well if you live in the area.

The following users liked this post:
BiggySmall (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Kyu
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I found a few on Yelp towards burbank area and glendale,
I have not tried them out yet, as my Jag hasnt giving me any problems so far and is still fairly new (hope to keep it that way)

May want to check those areas, yelp reviews help a bit as it seems non biased.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ccordone
Angelo's on Fairfax is long gone. He sold it to employees and they were shut down for environmental violations. Charles Agapiou took it over but now it seems to be something else. In any event, it was always known for being very expensive.

I am constantly running into Jag owners in town and have not heard of anyone good or reasonable in the Hollywood/W Hollywood/MidCity area. I live in Hancock Park and gladly drive over the hill for RMB. Vineland and Magnolia is just north of Studio City. Also, depending on where you are coming from, the red line metro stop is a few blocks from the shop. I use the purple line at Wilshire/Western change at Vermont and am at the shop in 45 minutes to pick up my car. I know LA is not a subway kind of town, but this works well if you live in the area.
Thanks for this. Might just need to head over the hill, then! Looks like he's open Saturdays, so at least that is convenient.

Related question: Reason I need to see someone is that Hornburg has told me my brakes and tires on my 2009 XK need replacing and I'd like a second opinion. Is RMB the place to go for such an inspection (and repair?), or will any good brake or tire place do?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jag Mechanic in the L.A. area

I think Richard's (RMB) wife has 07 XK so he would be a good guy to ask anyway. I would call him and he might tell you to just drive by for a quick check.

I have had issues with even some of the better tire shops in town. In several cases they have told me I had issues with ball joints, shocks, arms, etc but when I cross checked with RMB was told there was no issue whatsoever.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Default XK Brakes

Yes - Richard's (RMB's) girlfriend does have an 07 XK. I also have an 07 XK and Richard checked my brakes - rear were fine, front were a little less than 50% so he said it didn't need to be done for a while. I wouldn't hesitate to pay him a visit because you'll know for sure what needs doing and what doesn't. Furthermore, if anything does need doing you won't have to pay an arm and a leg.

He previously did my front brakes on my 04 XJ-VDP.