US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Nevada Resident Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used European Motor Cars on Spring Mountain Rd. Expensive, but seem to know what they are doing. I got their name from this forum.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 AM
JRo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My wife and I are in the process of buying a house on Sunrise Mountain (Waiting for bank to approve short sale) and it is good to see advice about shops to go to etc. Now I need to find the right Jaguar.

Thanks to all. Can't wait to get there!

Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a nice 98 XK8 convert for sale! I want to get an XKR and need to sell this first.
Will

Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM

I'm considering selling my 94 XJS Coupe.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 AM
JRo

Originally Posted by willtoliv
I have a nice 98 XK8 convert for sale! I want to get an XKR and need to sell this first.
Will
Willtolive,

I would love an XK8 and I might consider one but I am primarily looking for a sedan. If you want to give me the details, it would be greatly appreciated. I would private message you but I am a novice/newbie so I think I am still on spam-watch.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 AM
JRo

Originally Posted by oktoberjag
I'm considering selling my 94 XJS Coupe.
Oktoberjag,

I had a 12 Cylinder XJS coupe back in the 90s. It was a beautiful car white with tan leather interior. Loved the car but hated how my feet would get wet every time I drove through a puddle or if it rained. Car ran pretty well but the bulkhead/firewall was bit like owning a 60s MG.

My wife would love to have an XJS. Of all the Jaguar models that is her favorite and one that is certainly on the list. If you decide to let go of yours, don't hesitate to hit me up.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 AM

JRo,
I'll PM you this weekend. It's a beauty.
That picture is from Mt. Charleston last fall.
Oktoberjag

Old 03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
JRo

Originally Posted by oktoberjag
JRo,
I'll PM you this weekend. It's a beauty.
That picture is from Mt. Charleston last fall.
Oktoberjag
Look forward to your PM. Nice looking Jaguar. Hope to be there soon myself. We have been in escrow since December. We are fully funded and the bank has been dragging their feet. From what I understand that is par for the course though.

Its funny that you also have a Grand Cherokee. My wife wants to get a GC too.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 AM

Actually it's just a Cherokee ..daily driver for me.
I only drive the Jag on sunny days, about one or two days a week max.
trying to keep miles down..it's at 70,500 now I think.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I live in Vegas with a 1996 XJS

Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 PM

I listed it with Hemmings Motor News. If you know anyone wanting information, you can send them there.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default that xk8

I finally got that thing running good again. I purchased the timing tools and a brand new timing kit. replaced the motor mounts. Remanufactured transmission, Power steering pump, fuel pump, Engine wiring loom, Alternator and battery. All coolant and heater hoses. Metal thermostat housing. and after all of that the car kept running hot. So I replaced the water pump with a new metal upgrade and wallaaa!!!!!! car run like a brandnew machine

Old 07-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

To all Las Vegas AJ16 XJS owners:

How are your temperatures doing with this Vegas heat? How far above the "N" does the needle go? Does it get close to the RED or into the RED especially in heavy stop n go traffic?

https://i.imgur.com/yOiGDjp.jpg
This is usually how high it gets normal driving during the daytime. After the sun goes and cools off the temp will go down to the "N". When it is really hot outside 120F the needle is about to enter the RED but has never been into the RED.

Last edited by Lenoat702; 07-28-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

The standard XK8/R temperature gauge is really an idiot light. It dosn't go above mid-scale vunless there is a real problem, which is often too late. Search this forum for RealGage. This inexpensive mod, designed and sold by fourm member WhiteXKR, turns the gauge into a real gauge. You can also check out his web site at www.jagwrangler.com. Many members have implemented this mod, as have I and I recommend that you do as well.

Mark

Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 1999 Jag. XK8 owner

I just bought a XK8 1999 Jag with +/- 50000 miles. It looks really good and I am happy but concerned because the service records indicate that it still has the original plastic tensioners which I must change soon. I know there are lots of other issues and want to stay close to people who have Jags for their advise and support. I live in the south west las Vegas area. Wish me luck and happy motoring. <s_alexlopez@hotmail.com.>

Old 01-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SebastianL
I just bought a XK8 1999 Jag with +/- 50000 miles. It looks really good and I am happy but concerned because the service records indicate that it still has the original plastic tensioners which I must change soon. I know there are lots of other issues and want to stay close to people who have Jags for their advise and support. I live in the south west las Vegas area. Wish me luck and happy motoring. <s_alexlopez@hotmail.com.>

OK...first things first, Sebastian. FIRST, get those plastic CCT's out of there and replace them with the metal ones. You can see exactly how to do it on this forum. SECOND, inspect the power top fluid to see if it has been flushed and updated. I can't remember of hand if it supposed to be yellow or green, but it needs to be the updated fluid and all that info is right here. Third, get a good look at your shock mounts -- both top and bottom; and the A-arm bushings at the same time. Also, the subframe bushings. FOURTH; and this should have been asked when you were looking, but few ask it: has the tranny ever been serviced and fluid changed. If yes, and there's proof, you should be good for a long time. If not, I would have it done properly. 50K is not a lot of miles, but Vegas is HOT and dusty. Trannies take a beating in that heat (I don't mean the ones out selling themselves on Fremont Street). FIFTH, unless you have proof of a recent oil change, start over with a high quality 5-30 synthetic and a good filter. Opinions are many on this. SIXTH, change your coolant and look carefully at the PUMP, coolant tower, hoses, T-stat, etc. If they haven't been changed, they will need it soon. SEVENTH, get a good look at your brakes/rotors. Las Vegas dust grinds up brakes and they can be replaced with upgraded rotors, pads, and calipers for a modest amount.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by oldjaglover; 01-09-2014 at 11:42 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Sebastian (01-20-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Idea! I too am a new Jag owner and would like to exchange notes on where to find services and other tricky issues.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have logged on to this forum B4 buying my XK8...Thanks for the list of to-dos. I will be attending to them ASAP...Got to get some tools first<