US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Next BAJr's meet :: Over the Bridge

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by ronpimentel
I would like to attend or participate. Own an 86 XJ6 and a 90 XJS. If this is a club please send a link to membership
@Ron

No stuffy club stuff, no membership required :-) Just bring yourself, ideally a partner (wife/boyfriend/mistress/whatever) and one of your Jags. You have a great pair...... I also have an XJ6 (84) and an XJS (92). We have another XJS also (smgdatas) so the more the merrier! Just keep watching this thread as I will be posting more info as we progress.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Some good numbers and a decent response for day 1 I guess........hopefully this 'll be bumped and get even more yet.

SARC - You taking note here, names, numbers etc and creating a list?

Please keep it going buddy.............If you need any more help please let either me or the team know.

Thanks
@Jim

Thanks for the mass marketing :-) I'm keeping track of whats going on. The events are getting better and better. We're lucky to live is such a nice area with so many places to drive to within a couple of hours

Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by david55838
The Sunday morning drive sounds great!

+1
@david

We'll be glad to have you. Beware though, you may end up with a lot of people drooling on your car...... we haven't had a "proper" XJ6 show up yet :-)

Old 07-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by uncledo
I will try to make it on that weekend.
Sounds like fun.
@uncledo

We'd love to have you. A '79 XJ would be a great addition to the pack. So far that would have you as the oldest car...... nice.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by simonnallen
Me ME !! well for the drive I'm south bay Sunnyvale, CA

Simon
@Simon

We'll be glad to have you. The XK is a very popular car on the runs. There are some pretty limited edition cars that are regulars (Silverstone, Portfolio, etc), so you guys can all huddle and talk about X-pipes and taking your resonators out :-)

Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Tirefriar
I'd be great if something can get organized closer to Southern Califrnia. I'm certain that there are more tan enough members in the are to make it a colorful event. However, based on my past results in trying to get anything organized here and seeing the success the northern cal owners are having with their events I can completely understand why the upcoming event is organized closer to that area.
@Tirefriar

We are getting more adventurous and now an overnight stay is usually part of some of our plans, so getting further south at one point is not out of the question. We have what I would call a good solid core of people now and also we are getting new folks joining us at each event.... it's just a case of trying to keep up the momentum. Stick with it down your way..... it took us a long, long time to finally get the first meet together, and it's just built from there.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by tufguysf
Count me in for this one. . . A nice Sunday drive with the group through the Napa/Sonoma region would be awesome.
@tufguysf

We'll be glad to have you. We did Napa in spring time this year and it was a fantastic day. This time I am thinking to be more on the coast, but I haven't done enough homework yet to confirm it. Anyway, get it on your calendar....

Old 07-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 12mile
Think its wond erfull idea
@12mile

If you come from Michigan, I'll personally buy you dinner ! Hopefully there are Jag meets out your way also. You can follow us in spirit at least.... there's usually some great pictures posted on the thread after the event

Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bassthoven
Sorry chaps, I will be out of the country. Sounds like a great idea, and I would love to attend the next one, if I can.

Cheers!
@Bassthoven

Thanks for your interest. I understand, sometimes life gets in the way. I travel a lot too, so "I hear you"

Old 07-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lenoat702
Yeah that is too far for me. I live in Las Vegas
@Lenoat702

Yes, thats a bit of a trek. I searched the regional forums using the key word "vegas" and there were quite a few threads with folks suggesting to meet up, but I don't know if anything materialized out there yet. One way of getting a Jaguar meet in your area is to start one yourself. That's how we got started. Someone (can't remember who) was complaining there weren't any good Jaguar clubs around for meets and drives, so they made the first move and got a meet together.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ScarfaceSix
A couple of bridges too far from San Diego County for my and the XK8. My wife and I have been serving a mission for the LDS Church since last November, but we would love to make it to a local Saturday meet. All I get are parade requests to carry a "princess";-)
@ScarfaceSix

Sorry it's a bit far for you. We did a Saturday meet last time and it worked out well. I'm going for Sunday this time so it gives us more chance to get together on the Saturday night. There are a few folks on here from SoCal so maybe you guys should try a get together down there...... we'd love to trade pictures and stories.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mendo XK
Never been to a Jaguar owners event, sounds like people to hang out with. Do you have more info yet. I'll definitely come not sure if my Wife can make it.
@Mendo

We'd love to have you. Looks like you'd be the only person travelling South so far. We have an 06 XKR Silverstone Convertible in the group, so it would be a nice photo op to have a coupe and convertible together. We also have an '04 XKR Portoflio which is "slightly" modified, so it would be interesting to see those cars together too. I'm still working on the actual plan......... I want to lock the date down by the end of this weekend, but so far the proposed date looks good. If your wife can't make it, bring a friend, mistress, whatever. It's always easy to lure unsuspecting females into a Jaaaaaagggggg
:-)

Last edited by Sarc; 07-05-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MarcB
We're in for at least Saturday night. Thanks for taking the lead on this!
I've done nothing except type so far :-) The thread got some good responses, thanks to Jims email flood, so now I'll have to get a bit more serious on the organising !!

Are you available on the Sunday ?

Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by wasislos
Is there a eastern US group? where do they meet and when?
@wasislos

Check the regional forums on this board for activities in your area... Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

If you can't see an event, start one yourself !!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Sarc - many thanks for your posts buddy.

Just one comment though. Rather than posting 6 or 7 individual replies, please use the multi quote function.

At the bottom of each post you will see buttons for edit, quote, multi quote etc etc....

Simply click on multi quote for each one you wish to reply too and quote on the final one.............All quotes will then simply appeare in one reply post and you can reply to each individually.
Simply make your comments in bold to stand out.

Hope it helps buddy.

This thread is taking off some, nice one.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to join as well in an eastern meet! (:

Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 PM
VMV
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Sarc, Thanks for organizing this! I was very disappointed to miss the Carmel get- together but have since fixed my faulty rear wheel bearing and road-tested my S-type on a trip to Oregon. I put this on my calendar and barring some major change will attend. I had a blast on the Napa get-together and loved meeting so many cool Jaguar enthusiasts.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife and I were wanting to make a run down the coast highway, sometime in August. Sounds like a good time to go.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Still wondering if there are other lost Jaguar owners out there looking for a meet in this area?

Looks like there could be several in attendance as it is....

Old 07-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife says, "we'll see" which means I'll be there because she's married to me and therefore at least half blind.

Quick Reply: Next BAJr's meet :: Over the Bridge