US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Orange County Jaguar Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by robhair
During the winter months the meet ups end around 10:30 or 11
That would be cutting it too close for me. I guess I'll have to wait to attend the next one.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry we sold our XKE but we still have Mary's X. We will be in Mexico in February.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by robhair
During the winter months the meet ups end around 10:30 or 11
How did the last meeting go? Any meetings planned for January?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Meeting went well, the next meetup will be this Saturday the 12th at 9 a.m. after a short gabfest will will be having a american breakfast at pasta connection across the street from our meetup location.

The following users liked this post:
odds (01-11-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey ya'll, I'm looking forward to meeting whoever attends the meetup tomorrow morning. I'm not completely sure I even want a Jag yet. Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction.

Which Jags will you guys roll in tomorrow?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by odds
Hey ya'll, I'm looking forward to meeting whoever attends the meetup tomorrow morning. I'm not completely sure I even want a Jag yet. Hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction.

Which Jags will you guys roll in tomorrow?
2001 XJR

Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 PM

Hey guys. Today was very enjoyable. Great company, good food and lots of car talk. It was my pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance. See you there next time.

odds (01-20-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tirefriar
Hey guys. Today was very enjoyable. Great company, good food and lots of car talk. It was my pleasure to make everyone's acquaintance. See you there next time.
It was very helpful meeting with everyone. I am now a proud owner of a black on black '03 XJR. Just ordered new front sports shocks and a subwoofer repair kit from speakerworks.com. I should have both by next weekend. Who wants to meet up and work on it with me? My own garage is not adequately outfitted with the proper tools or space. I'd be more than happy to buy beer (or your preferred beverage) and food for whoever provided space, know-how, and tools.

Shoot me a PM or reply here if you're interested.

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the current status of the guild, clan or club? Slightly ahead of Old Cat, my 66 e-type has finally been restored to running condition and I look forward to networking with fellow Jag owners.

Let me know, regards,

Last edited by Leopard; 01-25-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:48 AM

Odds, how are you enjoying the new ride? Did you sort out your front shocks?

On another note, I'm thinking about upgrading the intake elbow. Here's a link I lifted from the S-Type site:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...it-strs-83960/

The guy talks about coming out with a Stage 2 kit that will be carbon to eliminate rough edges inside that impede airflow. Stage 1 kit seems to be reasonable at around $220 incl. shipping.

I did some checking on e-bay and came up with this:
Jaguar XJR XJ8 4 0L Supercharged 98 03 Air Intake System Systems K N Filter | eBay

I'm not sure about the quality as this is a very low price, half of the Stage 1 kit described in the first link.

Any thoughts?

odds (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 AM

Well, just heard back from the maker of intake tubes and he doesn't offer them for '98-'03 XJRs. Bummer...

Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM

Odds, how are you enjoying the new ride? Did you sort out your front shocks?
Hey Tirefriar! Loving my XJR so far... The front shocks are in transit to my address and should be here by next weekend.

Today, I'll be replacing the sub woofer ring with a new one from SpeakerWorks.com. My good friend is opening the shop he works in this morning so I'll have all the tools and assistance I need to get the job done right! I will take copious amounts of pictures and add in-pic captions using Photoshop later so there's finally a fool proof guide to how to fix that common sub woofer problem.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:51 AM

Odds, glad you are enjoying it. You scored a real nice one too. Bring it to the next meeting, love to see it.

odds (01-30-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 AM

Odds, glad you are enjoying it. You scored a real nice one too. Bring it to the next meeting, love to see it.
Hey y'all. I successfully replaced the foam ring of my Alpine sub woofer on Saturday. The sound system sounds real nice now... The time and effort was definitely worth it. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures until half-way through the process.

My front CATS shocks arrived in the mail yesterday. How shall I proceed? Does anyone in the OC Jag Club have a capable garage or shop that they'd be willing to open for the shock replacement job? I'd be more than happy to buy lunch and some beverages in return for the help.

When's the next meet up, Tirefriar?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by odds
Hey y'all. I successfully replaced the foam ring of my Alpine sub woofer on Saturday. The sound system sounds real nice now... The time and effort was definitely worth it. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures until half-way through the process.

My front CATS shocks arrived in the mail yesterday. How shall I proceed? Does anyone in the OC Jag Club have a capable garage or shop that they'd be willing to open for the shock replacement job? I'd be more than happy to buy lunch and some beverages in return for the help.

When's the next meet up, Tirefriar?
Odds, congrats on the start of your bonding with your Jag. Did you look into threads on swapping out CATS? Where do you live?

Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM

Odds, congrats on the start of your bonding with your Jag. Did you look into threads on swapping out CATS? Where do you live?
I've been starting the research on the CATS swap. Looks like I'll need at least a couple jacks, but I don't know which others hand tools will be necessary yet. I live in near Torrance/San Pedro. How about you?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Odds, I believe the meets are held on 2nd weekend of each month.

I'm in encino/Sherman oaks area.

For tools I'd suggest harbor freight if you are on a budget. That would include jack stands and floor jacks. Their quality could be a hit or miss. These are low end tools on the cheap. If you want superior quality then snap on or Mac tools would be the place to look but mucho dinero.

Dsnyder recommends going with at least two floor jacks and after working on my cars, I concur. Also, go with at least 2 jack stands but 4 never hurt.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please keep me posted on the progress. Thanks

Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The next meeting will be at 9:00 on March 9th at the harbor blvd location

Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Codes

Question: I'm car illiterate. Sorry... I posted the codes that came up and the only response I got back was How To clear the codes. Why would I want to clear the codes? Am I not wanting to use the codes to repair the potential problems?
Originally Posted by dsnyder586
Any takers? We could list up on this thread, and when we hit 10 fire it up.

I would like to see repair and maintenance clinics, maybe once a quarter- meetups once every month or two months and the meetups to revolve around breakfast... Cars and Coffee could be a regular event, and part acquisition and exchange would be facilitated and help us all to keep cost of ownership low.

In the gaming world, "clubs" identify themselves by a set of characters before their name, we could do the same to identify ourselves on the boards/threads.

EX: [OCCLUB]dsnyder586

I will volunteer myself as the first member and start the list- please add yourself to the list and when we get to ten we will launch.

1. [OCCLUB]dsnyder586

Quick Reply: Orange County Jaguar Club