US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Oregon Keizer Cars & Coffee Starts in May

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Oregon Keizer Cars & Coffee Starts in May

With the 2010 car season just around the corner, many of us have already enjoyed a mild winter and early spring that gave us a chance to fire up the toys and stretch the legs of favorite ride. Keizer Cars & Coffee is entering it's third year, and I hope you enjoy this season as we are trying to incorporate a couple of fund raisers and group outing.

Like years past we will meet the last Saturday of every month from May through September at the the Starbucks at Keizer Station just off the freeway exit of I-5 and the Keizer Exit. We meet from 7:30 - 9:30am for a cup of joe, smile and a chance to appreciate each others toys.

2010 KC&C Schedule 7:30-9:30am

May 29th (Food Drive)

Bring what you can as we will gather donations of can and dry foods to give to a local food bank for those in our community that have had challenges associated to the current economic downturn.

June 26th (Griots Garage Roadtrip)

Come join us for some early coffee then those who want to make a fun little roadtrip will drive up to Tacoma to checkout the new Griot's Garage facilty and do a little shopping.

July 10th (Portland Historics)

Keizer Cars & Coffee will have a special mid month meet as many of the regulars will be heading up to meet their clubs for the car corals and activities at the Portland Historics)

Polish up your Cat and lets all get together for our first face to face meet!! We'll be the ONLY Jaguars there!!

Last edited by GreenJewel; 04-13-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oregon Keizer Cars & Coffee Starts in May

I will drive up from Eugene on the 29th in either my XJC or XKR. The All British Meet in Vancouver is the weekend before and E-Types are featured. Anyone from Oregon headed up?

Jerry

Old 05-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like fun. How about a bit more details? Gary from Keizer, Oregon

Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Here is a link to the Vancouver ABFM: http://www.westerndriver.com/abfm/

Its our favorite show of the year and we try not to miss it. All British is welcome, old to new. Hope to see you there if you can make it.

Jerry

Old 05-16-2010, 09:53 PM

What are the details on the Portland Historics meet? Dates, & details?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by GaryinOregon
What are the details on the Portland Historics meet? Dates, & details?
July 9-11. From the promotor:

The 2010 Baxter Auto Part Portland Historic Races, features an annual entry list of more than 250 prestigious historic race cars, representing a wide variety of manufacturers. The restored cars are divided into groups according to make, age and horsepower, where they are raced at high speeds close to or at their full potential.
Boasting an open paddock, the Portland Historic Races allow enthusiasts the opportunity to see race cars up close and interact with the drivers and crew. The event also features a display of more than 700 collector cars and hot rods, a food and wine pavilion, a kid zone, an autocross, and a vendor midway.

The event is a fundraiser for the Community Transitional School , a Portland-based organization that provides important educational services to children who are homeless or otherwise at risk of school failure.

The Portland Historic Races are produced and sanctioned by the Historic Motor Sports Association (HMSA). Established in 1977, HMSA specializes in race events with historic cars, emphasizing the preservation and proper use of historic race cars. You can learn more about the Portland Historics Races at www.portlandhistorics.com.

Last edited by GreenJewel; 05-17-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Here's a reminder Saturday the 29th is Kaiser Cars & Coffee.

We will be parking the cars at the other end of the parking (by subway) lot this year to allow for more parking spaces and less congestion for the coffee shop. Subway will be bringing out some small breakfast sandwich samples, so save some room while you buy your morning cup of JOE.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 PM

Looking forward to the 29th! On the Portland Historics, Alfa Romeo is the featured car this year.

Jerry

Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Default Sorry to miss the Keizer Station Meet

If I wasn't heading to Boise for Memorial Day Weekend I'd be at the Keizer Station meet with my 03 Stype. Anxious to meet the gang and to see your cars. I'll have to see what June brings. Have a great time.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by GaryinOregon
If I wasn't heading to Boise for Memorial Day Weekend I'd be at the Keizer Station meet with my 03 Stype. Anxious to meet the gang and to see your cars. I'll have to see what June brings. Have a great time.
Well maybe we'll meet in June. Have a nice trip.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 PM

It was a nice turn out of cars on a so-so morning. At least it did not rain! Made the top-down run back to Eugene using back roads. I must confess I had the heater turned up and could have used a pair of gloves by the time I drove the 70 mi. back home!

Jerry

Old 06-04-2010, 06:54 AM

Jerry and everyone else that attended I want to say I'm sorry for not showing up but these pictures will show you why.

My wife Audrey and I left Molalla a little late, at 08:00. We had expected to be in Salem by 08:00.

After spending Thursday washing and waxing my Green Jewel I was ready! The Jag never looked better.

Well we were run off of the road about 12 miles from our house at approx. 08:15 on our way to the meet. Life Flight flew me to Salem Hospital with an 8 inch long by 1 inch wide slice in my head to the bone. It took 12 stiches and 30 staples to close.

My wife has a black and black right arm from shoulder to elbow.

This is my first and last Jag. It was my dream car since I was in the Submarine Navy in the 60's and a fellow shipmate drag raced a Corvette with his 65 XKE and beat the Vette three times between 3 lights on Hampton Blvd in Norfolk Va.

I'll stop into this forum from time to time and hope to see you Jag Jockeys next month. I'll be in an 88 "Arrest Me Red" Chevy!

This Jaguar saved our bacon.

http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...view=slideshow

Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 PM

[quote=GreenJewel;210383]Jerry and everyone else that attended I want to say I'm sorry for not showing up but these pictures will show you why.

Mark,

I am truly sorry to hear about and see what happened. I am glad to hear you both were not more seriously hurt, especially when looking at the photos. I hope they got the driver responsible and took the wood to them!

Sorry to hear you don't plan to replace the car, but can understand. I am too far along in the Jaguar disease to quit owning at least one. I am not sure if I am going to be able to work a trip up for this month's get together into the schedule. If I can I will. We are looking at trying to get something similar organized at this end of the valley and will keep everyone updated once we have found a suitable place, set a date, etc.

Again, words can't express how relieved we are you are around to tell the tale, or console the loss of a favorite car.

All the best,

Jerry

Old 06-06-2010, 08:26 AM

Thank you for the kind words Jerry. I saw some pictures of the meet on CorvetteForum. An XKE and an XKR that looked almost like my XK8 only it had some slick looking hood vents.

I'm not all done with Jaguars, only for the time being. My next one will be another XK but this time an R version. I'm a coupe person.

The woman that caused all of this mess never stopped. There was no way that she did not see what was taking place next to her.

Keep this forum area informed about any meet that is or will be held down your way so I can stop by and drool!!