US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Sea-Tac Jags?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sea-Tac Jags?

Hello everybody. I just upgraded from an 00 V8 S-type to an 03 S-type R and was wondering if there were any members on here in the Seattle Tacoma area, maybe we could have a sort of mini meet one weekend for dinner or something. I'm new in the area so I don't have any favorite local places to suggest yet.

Also, where you have your Jags serviced? My new Jag is perfect for now, but we all know things go bad from time to time and was looking for reliable indie mechanic. I purchsed the car from Park Place Ltd in Bellevue and they do have a Jaguar specific mechanic there (Jag John), but they are a little spendy with their labor rate (maybe I'm just used to cheap Texas labor rates).

Anyway Cheers and I look forward to meeting some fellow Jag enthusiasts locally.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of response here, I see jaguars around town a lot and I'm surprised there aren't any members on here.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,891 Likes on 7,160 Posts

Some possible alternatives....

There's an big (500-600 car) All British Field Meet every summer at Bellvue Community College and another at Portland International Raceway. There are usually 50 or so Jags at each. Nice way to meet fellow owners.

JDRC/NWA-Jaguar Drivers and Restorers Club/Northwest America is the Seattle Jag club. Nice people.

The Portland and Seattle Clubs each have a show and slalom every summer.

There are three Jag clubs in British Columbia with annual shows and slaloms....really only a 2-3 hours drive for you. The biggest and best, IMHO, is JOTI--Jaguars on the Island--in Victoria.

Cheers
DD

Old 05-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Join up with the JCNA.
They have Tech Sessions, I know at least one a year in Fife, at Jaguar of Fife.
BCC All Brit Meet.
Marymoor (Redmond) in August, Concours.

I don't get down to that area much, but watch out for a bronze Mark Two, RHD.
That'd be me.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't make it down that way either. If I do, I'm with my wife and kids and not in the jag. As for where to take your car. The best that I've heard of but haven't had a chance to use yet is Cartender in Seattle. They are at 1706 - 12th Ave. up on Capital Hill. 206.324.0345 is their number and they do european cars.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the Olympia area, but I guess that is close enuff to Sea-Tac right?

I have not had any problems per say with my Jag since I bought it a couple of years ago... But for my normal Oil changes and stuff I just go to the Jag/Land Rover dealer in Fife where I bought my car.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Hi,

I live in Bothell. Jag/LR of Bellevue is right across the street from Park Place Ltd. they are usually helpful, their parts guys are great - will tell you all the info you need even if you are not buying the part from them.

I live a bit north so I use Jag/LR of Seattle (located in Lynwood) - thye are also OK - just a bit cheaper then Bellevue.

Avoid Jag/LR of Tacoma - I had very negative experience with them.

Other than the dealers, I have not had any luck with independant shops - the new cars are way too complex and need proper diag equipment. Jags are just not popular enough around here for the independant shops to purchase all the proper tools.

Sometimes I would buy the parts of the net and let the dealer install them. Small things I'll try to do myself.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by veffremov
Hi,

I live in Bothell. Jag/LR of Bellevue is right across the street from Park Place Ltd. they are usually helpful, their parts guys are great - will tell you all the info you need even if you are not buying the part from them.

I live a bit north so I use Jag/LR of Seattle (located in Lynwood) - thye are also OK - just a bit cheaper then Bellevue.

Avoid Jag/LR of Tacoma - I had very negative experience with them.

Other than the dealers, I have not had any luck with independant shops - the new cars are way too complex and need proper diag equipment. Jags are just not popular enough around here for the independant shops to purchase all the proper tools.

Sometimes I would buy the parts of the net and let the dealer install them. Small things I'll try to do myself.

I have dealings with them since 03 and they have always been super... what happened for you that was negative? (just curious so I can look out for it) LOL

Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 AM

The Tacoma guys quoted repairs twice as much as the guys in Lynwood, not to mention the Lynwoord shop managed to do the job for 2/3 of their quote.

I also had a broken latch on the center console the guy wanted to raplace the whole center console piece for 1k+, the plastic piece is $13 and there is even a TSB for that same issue.

Last edited by veffremov; 07-19-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:30 PM

Thanks my friend... I will keep an eye out for such things.

(They are my main option because I live in Oly and they are closest).

How much is a dealer oil change up in Lynnwood?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:43 AM

No clue, I use the penzoil "10 minute" shop that is next to my house. There is not rocket science involved for changing the oil. You can bring your own oil filter if you like, but that's about it.

I change the air filter myself. Got a few from eBay a while back.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool jag shops

Whatever you do, if you are ever in the Portland OR area do NOT go to Monte Shelton Jag. They are the only jag dealer in Oregon and there Tech Reps make i living from Ripping people off. They are way to overpriced, they treat every one like you know NOTHING about cars. Nothing but bad experiences with them.

The Jag Shop in Portland is a independent shop stocked with techs who used to work for Monte and wanted to work at a place that dosent rip you off.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000blackxkr
Whatever you do, if you are ever in the Portland OR area do NOT go to Monte Shelton Jag. They are the only jag dealer in Oregon and there Tech Reps make i living from Ripping people off. They are way to overpriced, they treat every one like you know NOTHING about cars. Nothing but bad experiences with them.

The Jag Shop in Portland is a independent shop stocked with techs who used to work for Monte and wanted to work at a place that dosent rip you off.

The Jag Shop replaced my throttle body and also fixed my ABS module. They were fast and did a clean job, leaving the car clean. I have a warrent. on the car so I only had to pay the $100 deductible. They didn't try and add "other things wrong" with car as some shops tend to do.

The Jag Shop also works on Mini's and exotics too. I saw an F40 there getting a heater core replaced. They had the whole dash out of the car to get to the heater core. What a mess of wires!!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

After 2 years - only good experience with the Jag/LR/Lexus/Volvo complex in Fife.

And their on-site detail shop washes customer cars free on a drop-in basis.

Even the coffee is good.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Default Repair shop recommendation

Mark's Japanese and European Auto of Issaquah is where I go, but they have other locations. They are reasonably priced, friendly and competent. I used to go to Jaguar of Bellevue, until they tried to repair my burnt headlamp bulb that cost $12.00 with a headlamp assembly costing total of 1K .

cheers