US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Phoenix?? Glendale?? Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Phoenix?? Glendale?? Arizona

Im just curious, Im around phoenix and live in Glendale, I only see the occasional Jag Scouting around. Are there any other members that live here in Phoenix, or Glendale Area.

I am originally from California, Camarillo and Sacramento areas, and at both those places I would see Jags a plenty,What is Phoenix in a Drought, cant support the Jag wildlife?

I miss the view (of jags that is)

The following users liked this post:
coryent (08-18-2019)
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi CF. Welcome to the Phoenix area. My address is Cave Creek, but my house is actually about halfway between Phoenix and Cave Creek, just a block or so west of Cave Creek Road and Desert Willow Parkway West. There are other members in the area, so I expect you will hear from some of them soon. I have an '02 XKR convertible which I just got back from North Scottsdale Jaguar after a $2500 service visit, but the car runs great. However, you may read in some of the forums about the dreaded "green shower" from convertible tops, and as I was leaving Harold's tonight after dinner I was blessed with my shower. So now I'll be spending a bit of time trying to fix the problem DIY. Wish me luck, but this is hands down the best of the best in car forums...I've learned so much just by being an observer here and benefitting from the problems others have experienced with their cars. Send me a PM sometime and I'll give you my particulars...maybe we can have a couple of frosty delicious refreshing adult beverages and swap stories about our Jags. Oh, and in talking about North Scottsdale Jaguar, it's owned by Roger Penske and they have a wonderful museum there with a lot of Penske's Indy 500 winners and other cars on display...it's free and there's a nice restaurant upstairs. I recommend you visit it if you're interested in racing. Penske also has the Bently, Land Rover, Mini, Lotus, and Lambo dealerships in the same location.

The following 2 users liked this post by treetopdaddy:
coryent (08-18-2019), Tomamon (01-31-2013)
Old 08-28-2010, 12:32 AM

Thank you for the welcome. And I would love to see your Jag. I unfortunately don't have one yet, But I love them. I love the lines. Just the symmetry is AWESOME.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:37 AM

You'll get one in due course...the good news is that they don't seem to hold their value well in the marketplace despite being some of the most stunning vehicles on the road, no matter what their age. Due to the 'green baptism', I will soon be intimate with mine since I plan to try to do the repairs myself with the awesome help of some of the members on this forum.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Default Good Luck

Well, I have to assume that the Green Baptism is awful, I have not heard that term before. But if it starts puking green slime like a baby, Id be worried. But in the mean time, I am sure all will turn out well. Do you have pics of her currently. I would love to see.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:20 AM

If you read some of the forums dealing with convertible top operation and hydraulics, you'll know what I'm talking about. Still, I can't help loving this car.....

Sadly, no pics, but it's my daily driver (I know, I'm taking a big risk there) but it is a head-turner. Silver w/a black convertible top and black interior. Stunning is the word.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:25 AM

She sounds beautiful. I am very jealous, even though she's having issues.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

There are a few forum members in the Phoenix metro area, however I have only met one in person at the Scottsdale cars and coffee event @ Doubletree Village (first Saturday of every month - 7:30AM during the summer) - I try to go every month, it is mostly Ferraris, Porsches, Corvettes and Lambos but I am hopeful more jags turn up.

My Jaguars have always been daily drivers, I am also a member of the JCCA and recently had a green shower of my own .

Anyone up for a a Central AZ XK meet?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Hi Marc: I'm in the process of ordering the replacement hose system developed by Gus G and others, and I'm curious as to whether you took on the challenge of replacing your hoses or whether you went to a Jag mechanic for that pleasure. The system these guys have developed looks far superior to the stock system, and the price is right. Some of these same people have developed a pressure relief valve, but the new hose system appears to be so robust that I'm considering not installing the valve, although it is an option that can be done at any time down the line. My biggest hurdle is convincing myself that once I tear the interior of the Jag apart, I can actually get it back together in some semblance of its former self without causing irreparable damage. Don't want to pay the $1500 in labor charges for the 8 or so hours of work in doing the changeover.

It would be great to get up a meet & greet sometime. I would love to see all the modifications you've made to your '06. Great to know about the Cars & Coffee event...I might just turn up there one Saturday. Need to get better Jaguar representation to make the lesser vehicle owners envious...

Old 08-28-2010, 03:51 PM
ud
Received 148 Likes on 75 Posts

If you want to see Jaguars in Arizona, take a cruise down either Scottsdale Rd or Pima Rd from Carefree highway or Dynamite rd and go south to the 101. Any daylight hours that you can't count at least six or more Jaguars along with at least two Bentleys would be a rare day. That would be skipping the ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Cobras, RRs and not counting any BMWs or MBs.

They're there, but you're on the wrong side of town in Glendale.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Default hmmm

I am way out on the west side of Phoenix, the only thing farther out then me is the prison. HAHA
I guess I'll have to dream for a while.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Tucson. Have a xj6 1988. I am having problems with the mineral oil leaking, and then brakes go mushy. It did it once before and no one could find the leak! Seemed weird since it had poured out. Then filled it and then ok for weeks and today again it happened. Any ideas? Know a good mechanic that won't bilk me? Thanks!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Originally Posted by CFCreations
I am way out on the west side of Phoenix, the only thing farther out then me is the prison. HAHA
I guess I'll have to dream for a while.
You don't want to visit the prison in Phoenix that's for sure.

I'm in Glendale too, there are another 3 jags down my street but they don't seem to get much exercise.

As Steve says head over to Scottsdale and you will be over run with all manner of exotic cars, but you will find quite a few on the West side.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Just adding my Hi

Yeah me and my XKR live off Cave Creek road right next to Lookout Mountain.

I've been living there for about 3 years and only found out a couple of weeks ago that the secretary of the JCCA lives 2 streets away from me and regularly drives his XK120 around.

I joined the JCCA recently and had the pleasure of meeting MarcB at the coffee morning he mentioned (hi Marc!).

If you wanna get more involved with meeting other Jag owners socially I recommend joining the JCCA. I've only been a member for a short while so far but they seem like a thoroughly nice bunch.

Yep I had the green baptism a while back too :-)

Last edited by JustNiz; 09-10-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 PM
ud
Received 148 Likes on 75 Posts

Green Baptism must come from that HEAT I hear you guys get in Phoenix. 110F....are you kidding me??

I bet the news guys try to fry eggs on the sidewalks. Or prove that a black interior car is no hotter inside than a white interior car?

Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Originally Posted by stevetech
Green Baptism must come from that HEAT I hear you guys get in Phoenix. 110F....are you kidding me??

I bet the news guys try to fry eggs on the sidewalks. Or prove that a black interior car is no hotter inside than a white interior car?
No, I guess that they are bored with that stuff now they try and convince you that 99F is a nice day. Give me a break.

Today is forecast to be 108 17th Sept for F's sake!!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Hey just wanted to introduce myself aswell, live in the West Phoenix/Glendale area. Resuced My 1986 XJ6 from Gilbert, and brought it into the city to do repairs. Roughly 3 years later and he runs. Would love to meet some of the other Jag owners in town.

Cheers,
Robert

Old 09-24-2010, 11:26 PM

I think Perhaps we should organize a meet up sometime in the future.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Received 97 Likes on 71 Posts

Can I suggest we try to make a showing at the Scottsdale Cars and Coffee - Maybe we can set up our own Jaguar row. Anybody in?

Details from a recent JCCA update:

Event: Cars and Coffee
Date: Saturday, October 2, 2010
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Place: Shops at Gainey Village located on the southeast corner of Scottsdale & Doubletree Ranch Rd.

This is an informal gathering of auto enthusiasts and all makes of vehicles are invited. This event is brought to you by Scuderia Southwest, Scottsdale Exotic Car Club and the Arizona Lamborghini Club.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts
Default yep

Count me in (if you hadn't already guessed).
Yeah a whole row of jags would be cool there. We are definately under-represented.

There are like tens of Ferraris, lambos and god knows how many porsches for each jag. Poor group they need some more cars with actual class to turn up :-)

Last edited by JustNiz; 09-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tomamon (01-31-2013)

Quick Reply: Phoenix?? Glendale?? Arizona