VENDOR 'For Sale' Classifieds Vendor In Stock Items only (limited to JaguarForums.com vendors only)

OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Hey Sting19, I know I'm no Dan at answering questions, but I did manage to install them on my 02 X Type without any problems whatsoever. Super easy install! Maybe there is a difference between some of the old and new colors? Other than that, I have first hand experience to say yes they would work on your '03 X.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have an idea if there's a chance that these could work on a 2000 S-Type? I know the orig post says 2007-08, but I'm wondering if that's because the size of the headrests is different, or something else that would not allow them to work? I wouldn't mind having bigger headrests than normal if it got these to work...

Old 03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by gotmoss89
Anyone have an idea if there's a chance that these could work on a 2000 S-Type? I know the orig post says 2007-08, but I'm wondering if that's because the size of the headrests is different, or something else that would not allow them to work? I wouldn't mind having bigger headrests than normal if it got these to work...
My guess is that it will... Measure the posts on the headrests and post it up here.. I'm sure that someone that still has a S type would measure theirs for you...

After that you may have to customize things to get power and mount the control panel, but it is a stand alone system (I still have one that is ready to go into the mini van...LOL)

Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 PM

I have a 2000 S-type. I just order the headrests...they should be here this week. I'll let you know!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't these work on 02 X-types?

Old 03-29-2011, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by MarcVIII
Why don't these work on 02 X-types?
Ummm.. They do... Read the post from aCapiz... Installed in a 2002 X...

Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Are these still available for the x-type in ivory? Also do they work in the XJ8?

Old 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM

I'll add more details later when I do the install, but the short answer is that yes they fit (my 2000 at least). The posts are longer than the original and don't have the notches to support lifting the head rest. I plan to address both of these issues with a small pipe cutter (to shorten the posts) and and file (to create the notches). They can be used as is with no problems if you don't want to go to the trouble to adjust the posts.

If the adjustments go well, I'll report back.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts
HUGE savings on this system!

This setup is a rear seat connectivity system consisting of two 7" LCD screens integrated into the driver and passenger seat headrests along with two dual-band infrared wireless headphones. This system does not include a player. Instead, it offers complete versatility allowing you to connect any digital device that has an RCA-style Audio/TV output (for example a DVD player, camcorder, gaming console, iPod, or MP3 player). It supports two inputs, allowing two separate devices to be used simultaneously.

I've attached a small JPG showing what the system looks like. It's basically a control panel that installs on the rear of the center console. The installation is probably medium in terms of of difficulty - there is little to now drilling or cutting involved, and it is a factory, OEM Jaguar part. So it LOOKS like a factory, OEM Jaguar part!

Here's the catch - it only applies to 2007-2008 S-Type cars, and 2004-2007 X-Types. I know this eliminates a huge portion of the S-Type owner base, but the piping on the new headrests match up with the 2007-2008 piping on the seats. It also adapts properly to the power headrest functionality of the 2007-2008 model years.

Oh yeah.. the price? It originally retailed for $1200. So how's $127.50 shipped for Jag Forum members? That's not a joke!

Available trim and color combos:

S-Type (2007-2008):
XR855898NED - IVORY
XR855898LEG - CHARCOAL
XR855898SEL - CHAMPAGNE

X-Type (2004-2007):
C2S44629LEG - CHARCOAL
C2S44629SEL - CHAMPAGNE
C2S44629NED - IVORY
C2S44629LJE - STONE

Give us an email or a call to place your order today!
Just placed my order. Incredible!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Hey Dan - do you still have any in Champagne? I'm gonna take a crack at installing in my XJR.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, please email me at nalleyjagparts@nalleycars.com. I respond much more quickly to email than PM since it's hard for me to find time to log into the boards. THanks.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Dan - email sent.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone has installed these on an 05 Stype R can they send me an email to much2nelson@aol.com and let me know what changes needed to be made, how the install was, etc...

Im interested in a set but i want to know exactly what it would take to put it in my car...

Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Tons of good installation info and pictures in this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...install-44254/

Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,427 Posts

I got these installed in my X-Type, totally happy, even if I do complain about how long it took...

But now a new question...

My friend has a 2004 S-Type with SEL Champagne interior, no piping.

Here is the interior, no piping...

Questions;

Does anyone have a picture of the SEL-colored headrest with piping that they can post up?

Are the headrests & posts from the X-Type the same dimension as the S-Type & XJ? I already saw the XJ thread here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...nt-xj8l-51570/ but it seems that it wasn't a straight up job...?

Anbody with the S-Type kit who didn't install the module in the back of the armrest want to sell the bezel from the kit?

Proposal is, if the piping is too obvious, and the headrest from the X-Type fits the S-type, then we take an X-Type kit and find a helpful soul who has the bezel, problem solved...

Old 05-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo351
I got these installed in my X-Type, totally happy, even if I do complain about how long it took...

Questions;

Does anyone have a picture of the SEL-colored headrest with piping that they can post up?

Are the headrests & posts from the X-Type the same dimension as the S-Type & XJ? I already saw the XJ thread here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...nt-xj8l-51570/ but it seems that it wasn't a straight up job...?

Anbody with the S-Type kit who didn't install the module in the back of the armrest want to sell the bezel from the kit?

Proposal is, if the piping is too obvious, and the headrest from the X-Type fits the S-type, then we take an X-Type kit and find a helpful soul who has the bezel, problem solved...
I happen to have said spare bezel that I think you're looking for... I don't think the headrests are the same size though. I have both cars at home, I'll measure the spacing on the poles when I get home this evening.

Take care,

George

Old 05-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Thanks George, you're a champion!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo351

Questions;

Good question I have been eyeballing this kit but the piping has kinda put me off cause I also have the dove interior. Would be very interested on how this pans out.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Veteran member

I'm a little confused here.... SEL is Champagne, that is a light tan with dark brown piping. Vance, yours is listed in your signature as having a charcoal interior. Dove is a light grey color that was not in the 07 and 08 cars as far as I know. The closest thing to Dove is the whitish Ivory color. So, to answer the original poster's question... Jaglovers.org has a link to brochures that has a UK 05 brochure. That shows the "high line" interior colors with piping. The colors offered are Charcoal, Ivory, and Champagne. So, to sum it up... The 05 highline interior became the standard in 07 and 08. So, if you like to see the piping colors, looking at the brochure should help..

Vance, is your interior two tone?? If so, the Charcoal headrests should look fine...

BTW.. The X type and S Type post spacing are different.. (I think I still have a frame from the X Type set I tore apart if George doesn't jump back with measurements)

Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM

Hi Dan, email sent about getting a kit for a 2004 X-Type in charcoal. Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: OEM S-Type and X-Type rear seat entertainment - insane prices, 90% off orig. MSRP!