VENDOR 'For Sale' Classifieds Vendor In Stock Items only (limited to JaguarForums.com vendors only)

XJS Seat Extenders

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default XJS Seat Extenders

I am 6' 2" and when I bought my 95 in 2004, I lived between Hilton Head Island, SC and Greenwich, CT. A 14 hour drive ea. way and after driving a couple of hours, my right knee was practically crippled. Of my 9 cars, my XJS's were my favorite to drive. I suffered for several trips until I came up with an idea to make some extenders in order to gain additional legroom.

After much thought and measuring to get a perfect fit, I succeeded and my longs trips were never the same again. I removed my rear seat and built a storage cabinet as in the pre-face lift cars to get a total of an additional 6" of additional legroom. If you do not remove the rear seat, you will still get up to an additional 4". This may not sound like much of an improvement but it is the difference between pain, cramps, severe discomfort and an enjoyable journey.

I have mentioned this to others and they have expressed interest in acquiring these extenders. Therefore I am seeking others to who may be interested in these. I am seeking a minimum of 20 people who will order these so I can produce them. They are easy to install. Just remove your seats, bolt the extenders to the floor in the same holes that your seat rail bolts in with the bolts supplied then bolt the seat rail to the extenders then enjoy the ride. Price $125 for the set. Please send your request to: parts@classiccargarage.net