Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 XKR175 Kasuga Wheel Width Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 XKR175 Kasuga Wheel Width Question

Hello all,

I just blew one of those horrid Dunlop run-flats on the 20" Kasuga wheels that came with the 175... I am looking to replace all four tires, but wanted to know if I can go wider than stock and wondered what the rim width was.

I searched as much as I could, but all I could find was an Ebay ad for replacements for the XJ and the fitment guide here, but it is not specific for the Kasuga and was just looking to be sure.

I believe that they are staggered 20x9 front and 20x10 rear, but still looking to confirm this...

Basically I'd like to go a tad wider if I could...

Thanks,

Mike

Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
Received 4,457 Likes on 2,427 Posts

I thought the XK75 had Vortex (10.5" rears) but then I see on Wiki that the North American version was actually called XK175 and it came with Kasugas...learn something new everyday...

The rim width will be shown on the back of one of the spokes, if you have the wheel off the car should be easy enough to see.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by CobraCommander
Hello all,

I just blew one of those horrid Dunlop run-flats on the 20" Kasuga wheels that came with the 175... I am looking to replace all four tires, but wanted to know if I can go wider than stock and wondered what the rim width was.

I searched as much as I could, but all I could find was an Ebay ad for replacements for the XJ and the fitment guide here, but it is not specific for the Kasuga and was just looking to be sure.

I believe that they are staggered 20x9 front and 20x10 rear, but still looking to confirm this...

Basically I'd like to go a tad wider if I could...

Thanks,

Mike

I, also, have an XKR 175. Haven't had a chance to drive it much yet because I have it garaged for the winter. I move it back and forth so I don't get flat spots on the tires. Why are the Dunlop tires horrid? Are the tires run flat? What does this mean? The stock Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires are not run flat tires. Dunlop doesn't make a run flat tire to fit the XKR175.

Last edited by DGL; 02-27-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DGL
I, also, have an XKR 175. Haven't had a chance to drive it much yet because I have it garaged for the winter. I move it back and forth so I don't get flat spots on the tires. Why are the Dunlop tires horrid? Are the tires run flat? What does this mean? The stock Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires are not run flat tires. Dunlop doesn't make a run flat tire to fit the XKR175.
DUDE! DRIVE IT! - This is my first "real" car, but I work so much I've put less than 10k on it since I bought it brand new. Hehe I got mine before the Concours show and before Neiman Marcus got thiers too... hahaha

I could have sworn they were the run-flat versions and once when I did a lookup to get new tires, they popped up with the Dunlop run-flat for the car. I never bothered to check the actual tire because I wanted to get away from Dunlop altogether.

The reason for my bias is long-lived going back to my first car and problems with that brand. My father used to do road racing in England and vowed he'd never use them, etc etc. Part of it is personal bias, but even on this car I've not been too happy with the overall performance and experience with the tire. Not to mention that I have MAYBE 10,000 miles on the car and don't do burnouts, but they wore out so quick when compared to cheap tires I have on my 2003 Cobra with even more horsepower and I beat on it. The Cobra is actually quieter when it comes to pure tire noise as well.

I was upset that the car did not come with Pirelli tires and if I didn't buy it unseen from another state and had it shipped, I probably would have insisted they put something else on there. I've just not had a good experience with them and I am sure other people have, so I'm not bashing them as I've certainly not had every line they offer.

If there are any Dunlop fans, I do not mean to offend as I am not an expert on that brand, but I often spend hours upon hours researching tires through the manufacturer, online forums for the same application and vehicle, etc. They are the most important part of the vehicle aside from a competent driver in my eyes.

On one of my first (dare I say) performance cars in my 20's, I was the only person I knew that had a staggered setup of the old Pirelli PZero System on a 1994 Ford Thunderbird SC... And I ordered them with the small, yellow Pirelli on the side...

Crazy thing was, the Pirelli PZero system back then was still cheaper by comparison to the likes of Goodyear, Dunlop, etc. Yet this was being put on at the factory for the likes of Ferrari?

I do have to say that while that old tanker was not fast off the line or top end, the supercharged mid-range power of the lightweight V6, battery relocation and some stereo equipment in the trunk for ballast, my tanker was skimming corners along with the likes of Porsche 928GTS at road course days...

I'd say if I am picky about one thing... It's tires.

However, I think everyone would cry BLASPHEMER! if I told you what I'm slapping on there right now... lol...