Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Staggered or Non-Staggered?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Staggered

Definately the Better choice of all the others, they look excellant, and really make the car stand out. Congrates. The staggered looks well put together on the car and does not look out of place.

Originally Posted by sosoguju
Finally!! Took forever to get the wheels and tires in... had the rears custom drilled because I wanted the 10" on the back with the deeper "concave" look. I ended up going with the Hankook Ventus V12 tires as they have good reviews on here and other forums, would have done Continental DWS but they are on back order for 2 months!!

They may not be everyone's "cup of tea" but I wanted something with the concave vs lip and also something that not everyone has...

Old 03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for your all your help with this... I took it in to have the alignment done now I have the new wheels and tires on and spoke to the service guy again about the wheels. He this time actually admitted the person with 22's has really badly bent rims so it made me feel a lot better! It was actually kinda cool watching people come out of their offices to check out the wheels too! I have had quite a few people make coments on how good they look... wheel locks here I come!!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Wheels

No problem, goodluck with everything and enjoy.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by exexpat
Ace Convex is the only one above which looks decent, but it may be because of the BMW fitment (don't like the car, the wheel spacing is spot on). Offsets of the rest look too high in general.
I too am looking to put 20 inch on my 2012 XF Port in Rhodium Silver. I really like the concave BMW look and would like to find some options that may look like the BMW OEM Style 67 for 2002 M3. March 2012 issue of Eurotuner,pg 37. They only come in 19inch, so other mfg's like this? Also looking at Work Schwert SC6 in Black Polish. Pictures shown on Silver Lexis GS. But they run about $900 per rim (no tire). Pretty steep...anyone know another mfg with same look but less$?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sosoguju,
IMHO, Do not go staggered. I had a 2009 XF prior to my 2011 XJ and on that model it worked out great. The dealer had concerns about looks and handling. I did not see any issues with the choice, in fact the dealer placed my concept on several cars that they were offering. My XF was normal aspiration and that will make a difference. I had 60K miles on my tires when I traded the car, and rotated every 10K miles and probably had approximately 55% tread remaining. The tires were NITTO directional and requried a dismount on two each time rotation and balance occured. My rotation was crossing 'to the drive train'. Cost was not that bad since I went to dealers aftermarket guy for the work.