Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vredestein Sprint Classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vredestein Sprint Classic

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to pick up some Vredestein Sprint Classic tires. I love the vintage look, and my tires are far past worn. I like these because they look authentic to the car, and they are also relatively inexpensive.
I have a 1962 Jaguar E-Type
Here's the link to the place i'm thinking about getting them from: http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-9010-vredestein-sprint-classic-tires.aspx
Has anyone had any experience with these tires? I'd like some feedback on the overall quality and feel of these on older model vehicles.
Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vredestein

Hello ,

I use Vredestein sprint classic on my Daimler Sovereign for 7 years , I think it is the same size you need on a E type 185 / 15

Good even in raining condition , and very few tire noise ( and price less than half than XAS ! )

I intend to buy a set for my XJ6 which is hard do drive on very old Goodyear ( 20 years tires ! ) ,

Best regards

Phil

Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vredestein Sprint Classic Tires

Phil,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did end up getting a set of the 185/15 tires for my E-type, and i love them! They really match the styling of the vehicle, and they handle and feel exceptionally well on the road. I had trouble finding mine locally so i got mine from Tiresbyweb.com. I didnt know this, but apparently the 185/15 size equates to 185/82R15 in current sizing. Also, i just bought the car so i had no idea that this car needed tire tubes for the wire wheels. They also had those in stock, which was surprising because i didn't even know that i needed them!
They were really helpful in determining which tires i needed, and what equipment i needed for them to work on my vehicle, as well as getting them to me quickly. All in all i'm very pleased with the tires and the experience of getting them and putting them on.
Everyone compliments me on my tires at car shows i've been to since i've installed them.
I'm sure they will look great on your XJ6!

Thanks for the feedback and take care Phil!