X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you, jaguarforums.com! X-Type Driver's door swings open!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Thank you, jaguarforums.com! X-Type Driver's door swings open!

Back story: Around eleven this morning, while at work, I got a call from my darling wife. While on a round of errands, after her first stop, she could not open the driver door. Oh, the levers moved and clanked , but even with the key she could not get the door to open. Once in through the passenger door, she found that it would not open from inside either.

So, after a morning of "over-the-console exercises" - in and out five times - her first thought was to call me. "What now? What did I do to it? Why did this happen? What's wrong with it?" Can you fix it? ...she asks. She asks me, the guy who can barely find the dip-stick to check the oil!

But I am resourceful! I joined this forum a little over a month ago when we bought her sweet little X-Type. So I logged in and searched for "driver's door won't unlock". Up popped several related threads of useful information and one that was particularly invaluable.

Below is what I found regarding a similar problem, and the PM I sent a few minutes ago to the OP, Don (mohrd):

I had this problem once. If you push on the door just above the handle, you may hear a "click" that re-engages the latch.

Brother, your above post in September of '09 just saved me a lot of heart-ache, wife-misery and (no doubt) money. One try, and it worked!

Thank you, thank you, Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you all for this wonderful community and source of information!

- From a mechanically-challenged and grateful, neophyte Jaguar enthusiast

Attached Thumbnails Thank you, jaguarforums.com! X-Type Driver's door swings open!-jag1g.jpg   Thank you, jaguarforums.com! X-Type Driver's door swings open!-jag2q.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by timetraveler1:
bracester (05-24-2013), JimC64 (05-24-2013)