X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$4.00!!! a gallon!!!!! HOLY !@#@%%#$%#@

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys bring up good points about whats causing the rise in prices, but there is no point it fighting about it.
I would like to know some tips on how to save gas. the best advice i got was from JaguarKnight which said "Staying on speed limits". That actually works very well because an car motor get its best gas milage at low RPM. and if you stay around 60mph, in 5th gear your motor should only be around 2500 rpm.

I saw on a TV show what you can save 20% of gas by drafting a semi truck. although not very safe it does work.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Fox
You guys bring up good points about whats causing the rise in prices, but there is no point it fighting about it.
I would like to know some tips on how to save gas. the best advice i got was from JaguarKnight which said "Staying on speed limits". That actually works very well because an car motor get its best gas milage at low RPM. and if you stay around 60mph, in 5th gear your motor should only be around 2500 rpm.

I saw on a TV show what you can save 20% of gas by drafting a semi truck. although not very safe it does work.
The only realistic way to save gas is to park the car. Face it, the oil companies are all making record profits and like the rest of you I admit, I am a sheep, no matter what I will whine and moan while I am filling my tank but do nothing else.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am in the states and i can say gas is really cheap here, considering where i come from and other countries. the fact is that people in america were/are used to cheap fuel prices. its like 0.99cents per litre which is fairly cheap comparing to other countries like UK. i am not saying prices should shoot but i am just saying my fellow americans should just appriciate the price we get fuel for.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MosDefXType
i am in the states and i can say gas is really cheap here, considering where i come from and other countries. the fact is that people in america were/are used to cheap fuel prices. its like 0.99cents per litre which is fairly cheap comparing to other countries like UK. i am not saying prices should shoot but i am just saying my fellow americans should just appriciate the price we get fuel for.
Please do some research. Other countries are paying more in fuel taxes for things like health care and education that the USA collects in property taxes etc. So if you want to discuss about how cheap our gas is, why don't you balance it out and tell others around the world how much you pay in property tax, income tax, sales tax, education k-12, college, health care, public transportation, and the list goes on.

Gas is just one piece of a huge puzzle. Each country decides for itself what they want the government to provide. In the USA, until recently, our main objective was FREEDOM. Having the ability to move about unencumbered and cheaply. One of our biggest industries was automotive. We use to be responsible enough to educate ourselves and saved for our own futures and health care.

Sadly, those days are all but gone. The powers that be are hurling us toward being just like Europe. The only problem is, our infrastructure is nothing like Europe. As for cars, we aren't even aloud to have the fuel saving diesels here because of all the green laws. Not to mention, if you model our much larger nation after all the smaller failing ones... we're just going to fail faster and on a much larger scale. We already know none of us could possibly run our household like the government runs our country, it just doesn't fly.