X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

If my parents went to the dealer today and bought a brand new one for $27,000 I can PROMISE you man that my parents will get more than $12,000 on a 07 jag from today. I can get $14, $15k for my 04 jaguar x-type.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 PM

The only Jaguar to hold its value since Ford took over is the XK. The others just don't hold their value. At this rate, they're meant to be kept, not sold.

Hell look at Land Rover. I looked at a 2004 Range Rover with 50k miles on it. Beautiful inside and out, and this car was well over 75k new...

It was selling for a whopping 28k!!!

Jaguar/Rover is not well right now. They can't afford to market their cars, and they aren't selling by word of mouth, that's for sure.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From benz that link you posted says depriciation after 5 years...In real life the rest of us won't get a deal on a jag like you got on yours. Why do you think we told you to bounce on the car you were looking at? We told you that the car depriciates but the price you get them for you will make money on them. From my recollection people that go into the dealer with a negative attitude generally leave there with an even worse one...check into everything before you do anything. The select edition doesn't cover adjusting the headlights but does it cover the components that adjust your lights? Sounds to me like that is a load of bs because the components in the hids going bad and adjusting the lights are 2 different things...I'd call jaguar up directly or email them. You'd be surprised how they will react! They have helped me every time I've tried!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 PM

For $3,000, I'll drive to you and fix your headlights. Hell I'd make dinner for you too.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: frombenz2jag

Yeah I seen a new set sold on ebay yesterday for $500. But Im not going to shell out any money to get these fix. I need the forum to help me get Select Edition cover it. Or I might manually move the projectors to go up. Thats all I need. Any imputs.
$2,500? I'll bring strippers

Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously contact a different dealer and let them know what is going on. Let them know you've researched it to see if it was something you could do yourself and that you can't and there are people that have had the same problem fixed. Just be courteous and not an a-hole because it will get you nowhere...just do that and than try jag directly saying you don't want them adjusted. They are supposed to do it themselves and supposed to do it every time the car is turned on but they don't and it should be covered. Tell them you wouldn't have bought the car otherwise...one other question though how did you find satisfaction in the mercedes when they are like last on the list with most problems and least help getting those problems fixed?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Not all Jaguar dealers are bad with this **** guys, Like I said idk if you ignored my earlier posts, I have had great experiences at Imperial Motors.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

frombenz2jag I got my car at an auction too its an 03 s-type v8clear title two years ago with 15,000miles on it for 10grand my dad bought it for me and i payed him back so now when i sell it i get the profit.And my car has never givin me problems i do the basic repairs on it like oil,brakes,spark plugs its a great car.My dad has a cls500 he took it in to mb to get oil change and front brakes and they charged him over 700$ all luxury cars repairs are expensive thats why not everyone has them especiallyR's and Amg's

Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  6.4 KB

Frombenz - just reading your posts and you don't seem a happy chappie mate.
Don't get me wrong, we all like sumthin for nuthin, or at least to feel like wer'e getting what we paid for, but I think you really want it all, you want it today and for nuthin....get real mate.
You had some great looking cars and loved the Mercs. MB is a bigger more popular brand for sure, no doubt about it.
Oh by the way.....you tend to exaggerate ever so slightly, just checked MBworld and they have errrr 74k members NOT 100k........What else do you exaggerate about?

Hope you get your problem sorted one way or another with your lights though

Jim

Old 01-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Jag X-type Sport I am purchasing this weekend was originally bought at Howard Orloff brand new in 10/2001 and was maintained religously at Patrick Jaguar and once at Imperial Motors. The factory warranty was still in effect at that time but never a dime was spent at Patrick for any of the oil changes or 10k interval checkups. Jaguar loaner cars every time too. I have no personal experience with them but I would consider them as a viable option.

I just bought a JTIS Service Manual CD off ebay for $17 shipped. It should have the procedure and part numbers needed for fixing the headlights.

Reminds me I should check my Xenons auto-leveling when the first turn on to make sure they work prior to pick up.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I'm a member of Benz World too .It makes sense since you can see tons of MBs out on the road then you gotta have more members on the forum .As for the friendship ,this place is the most friendly site I have ever been .

Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

this place is the most friendly site I have ever been
Ditto Caddy..

Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: cadillac
I'm a member of Benz World too .It makes sense since you can see tons of MBs out on the road then you gotta have more members on the forum .As for the friendship ,this place is the most friendly site I have ever been .
You're on the money there Caddie mate
I'm a mod on another site and a member of 2 others.....This forum for camradderrie and friendship as well as good technical info is far better in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, there are other sites that concentrate more on the technical side and are very very good, however, nowhere near as friendly.

Jim

Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

So what would be a reasonable price for fixing these in your opinion mate?

Quick Reply: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !