X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 X-Type help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 X-Type help

Hello everybody, this is my first time posting here and I just wanted some help/opinions. I have a 2004 x type 3.0 with about 97K miles. I get an employee discount on auto parts so i'm looking to make the most of it. My question is what parts absolutely have to be OEM? For example I had to get my wheel bearings from Jaguar because i was having problems with other brands. I'm mainly curious about the MAF sensor, i'm thinking about a Delphi AF10135. Also i'd like to know what brand i should get for my O2 sensors. Any help/feedback would be appreciated.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:49 AM
GGG
Received 16,869 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forums mats1996,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 10-11-2019, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 761 Likes on 678 Posts

Bosch or Denso

Old 10-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 559 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by mats1996
Hello everybody, this is my first time posting here and I just wanted some help/opinions. I have a 2004 x type 3.0 with about 97K miles. I get an employee discount on auto parts so i'm looking to make the most of it. My question is what parts absolutely have to be OEM? For example I had to get my wheel bearings from Jaguar because i was having problems with other brands. I'm mainly curious about the MAF sensor, i'm thinking about a Delphi AF10135. Also i'd like to know what brand i should get for my O2 sensors. Any help/feedback would be appreciated.
IDK, people have different experiences. I swear that every time, or almost every time that I try to do an aftermarket cost savings part in any of my cars , it just blows up in my face a few weeks/months later.

just of the top of my mind on the X-type including my former 2004 and my current 2005, both which are DD:

cheap AM Uro hoses from coolant reservoir- fell apart after a few months

cheap AM water pump - lasted a year

cheap AM alternator. Never worked properly, car would not charge, light would stay on....After changing it 2 times, I just went OEM and was done

cheap AM suspension parts- those last a year and the cheap rubber falls apart and all my clunks and rattles came back. Those are the hardest/most expensive to change.

Not to mention all the AM parts in my 95 XJS conv and 74 E type conv that have miserably failed, like a full set of COP style AM coils that lasted a couple of months in my XJS before they literally all failed and with all the lights of in the garage and the bonnet open you could see them lighting up like Christmas lights.

So I guess my rule is that if I can get to it easily and it’s not time consuming, I will take the risk although in the back of my head I know it will fail, but I am not doing anything other than OEM on labor intensive, critical parts. Sometimes OEM parts can be obtained from your regular auto parts store if available. You just have to research who made the OEM part see if it’s possible.

The following users liked this post:
avern1 (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

My front suspension spring broke recently, and at the same time the top bearing dropped ball bearings.

As the shocks had done 140,000 + miles, I decided to replace both springs/ struts/ top mounts and top bearings for genuine jag parts, as I don't want the hassle of possible problems down the line.

Interestingly I recently replaced the rear bearing hub for genuine jag parts, but that started to fail 6 months later !
I replaced the hub for a SKF brand, as they are good at bearings I decided to take the chance.

Paul.