Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 Factory Nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: '08 Factory Nav

The finish product using a pre-fabbed kit like that metra kit is or should be error proof. The only thing I could gather that would take a little bit of finesse is making sure the screws that the dash kit mounts to are mounted perfect so everything fits perfectly and the alignment of every line is perfect (doesn't have to be perfect to look good but if your a pain in the butt the screws would like to be near perfect. You could always do it yourself and than tell a shop you'll pay them $20 bucks to look at your dash since the place that originally installed it couldn't do it right! Honestly if you can handle the electronics the finishing shouldn't be a problem!

I hooked the pac swix into the jeep, the only difference between the pac swips and swix module is that the swips doesn't require you to memorize the remote of the radio to the steering wheel, it's made specifically for pioneer and i think sony radios. It makes things easier! Is that shipped for $804 or whatever? The swips module is only like 40 bucks from my supplier...If you want I can see if my supplier has any d3x's and what shipping would be...if you wanted me to check leave your zip code to check shipping costs...I can guarantee it'd be less than $800 for both...if you wanted back up cameras i can get the boyo vtl400 for around 89 bucks...check on crutchfield for specs on that backup camera. PAC also makes back up camera's but the cost on those are from 130-170 depending on the model, they are quite expensive. My supplier said the boyo stuff was really nice especially at the price point they are at.

Oh yeah as far as the pac swips goes it should be self explanatory, you'll have to take the plastic from under the steering wheel off and run the wire as close to the ignition as possible. PAC supplies you with the color of wire you would look for, they had it listed in teh manual of the kit if I remember correctly. If not I know it is on their website or you can call the 1800 number and actually speak to an english speaking technical support They are great and will help you out step by step, if need be. But it's actually easy to hook up and I've never done one before nor have I ever worked at any car audio shop so I'd like to think it's either easy or I'm a pretty intuitive person. But it's not hard at all!