Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

18" Bermuda Rim

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" Bermuda Rim

Hi Everyone,
I had a recent unfortunate experience where I've damaged the front driver's side wheel from a pot hole.
It's an 18" x 8" Bermuda rim.
Any idea what it would cost to replace if it can't be repaired?

Last edited by xtypelux; 06-25-2023 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Add photo
Old 06-25-2023, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,991 Likes on 792 Posts

Hi xtypelux,

Sorry, but I can't find reference to the Bermuda rim being available for the x-type in an 18" size...... 17" yes, 18" ?
Here is a pretty good reference site for identifying x-type rims.
https://www.xtype.uk/x-files/wheels/...factory-wheels

Also you location is stating Seafod? I can only find Seaford in Australia (being a suburb of Melbourne).
There appear to be a number of alloy rim repairers in Melbourne.
Granted, whether a rim is repairable is a matter of how it has been damaged and also how capable the repairer is.
Most of the time they are just repairing curb rash and doing some filling and painting etc., so a bent or "flat spotted" rim or one that has a reasonable chunk out of it might prove impractical or even illegal to repair.

Double check which rim style and size you have first and check with your local repairers if they can do anything to restore yours.
Failing that you are likely on the hunt for a replacement in the wreckers yards or perhaps the local jaguar club if you have one.

There are some x-Types being advertised as wrecking locally over here (Christchurch /Canterbury) if you need to expand your search. https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/c...g%20Canterbury
If you think you have found something and need a set of local eyes just PM me.

Old 06-25-2023, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h2o2steam
Hi xtypelux,

Sorry, but I can't find reference to the Bermuda rim being available for the x-type in an 18" size...... 17" yes, 18" ?
Here is a pretty good reference site for identifying x-type rims.
https://www.xtype.uk/x-files/wheels/...factory-wheels

Also you location is stating Seafod? I can only find Seaford in Australia (being a suburb of Melbourne).
There appear to be a number of alloy rim repairers in Melbourne.
Granted, whether a rim is repairable is a matter of how it has been damaged and also how capable the repairer is.
Most of the time they are just repairing curb rash and doing some filling and painting etc., so a bent or "flat spotted" rim or one that has a reasonable chunk out of it might prove impractical or even illegal to repair.

Double check which rim style and size you have first and check with your local repairers if they can do anything to restore yours.
Failing that you are likely on the hunt for a replacement in the wreckers yards or perhaps the local jaguar club if you have one.

There are some x-Types being advertised as wrecking locally over here (Christchurch /Canterbury) if you need to expand your search. https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/c...g%20Canterbury
If you think you have found something and need a set of local eyes just PM me.
Appreciate your reply with all the info.
I have rang a couple of repairers and one reckons it can be fixed,
I have included the wheel type on the post and was led to believe this is a Bermuda 18".
Mine is a 2007 Luxury model.

Last edited by xtypelux; 06-26-2023 at 12:00 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 06-26-2023, 02:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,991 Likes on 792 Posts

I hope it can be repaired successfully as obtaining a replacement could kick off quite a hunt.

Did you happen to follow the link I had included to confirm if your rim style was the Bermuda?