Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 2.5L vs. 3.0L

point taken...I retract my statement...
________
Paxil Settlements

Last edited by racerx82; 05-17-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Test drove three 3.0's and two 2.5's. Wow did the 2.5's lack power. I test drove two 2.5's at the Jaguar dearlership in Troy, Michigan and I must say that I didn't like either of them. I have used the J-gate shifting a few times and the only spot that it actaully does anything is when you are on an entrance ramp to I-75 and drop it into 2nd doing about 30 and floor it! The car actaully puts you back in the seat which was what I was hoping the car would do. The only thing that the sport mode does is shift the car beyond the 6000-6500 rpm shift point. You don't actually need this feature unless every time you are driving the car you floor it to 70 and get into third or fourth gear but the only time you can go that fast is on the e-way! But when I need the extra power the 02' 3.0 sport I have is more than enough for everything I need it for.

As for audi vs. the jag. if your dad is leaning towards the jag get the jag. If he is impartial to jag. he'll probably go jag. I wanted the jag because the cost of it used with the awd is by far less than what other cars cost. The cost and what you get far outweighed any other car out on the market for a used car. New car I can't say much because I never would have bought this car new for the sticker shock is just that SHOCK $38,000+++ american dollars is more than me being 21 years old could afford. I paid a little over 14k for my 02 sport with 50k miles and have been happy the whole time. I wanted to buy a warranty but they wanted too much. The appreciation, attention and sheer looks I get in this car are awesome and make the car worth it even if I couldn't get it started in a parking lot. People of all ages look at these cars like they have never seen it before. I love my jag and would never buy a audi or vw just because I love this car so much!

Old 11-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen a few 3.0 manuals out there! Man I would love to just drive one to see what it is like. I think that it would be one of the best cars in the world! I wouldn't go that far but when I use the J-gate and floored it one day man I really realized the power this car has! I've noticed that what the car lacks sometimes is possibly because having 5 gears and downshifting to the suitable gears smoothly takes a minute but I am by no means complaining. Pulling out and noticing that they were going a little faster than thought you have no fear in accelerating. The manual would end up bringing out the best of the car for sure but I was more or less buying the car for my wife and wanted a winter car I didn't have to worry about her in and still was a good investment when it comes to me liking it-which I must say I wouldn't buy any other car used for anywhere under $20,0000. New car I'd probably buy a 3 series bmw if I were going for a new car under around 35,000. Honestly though if you are looking into this car and are worried about gas mileage you can plan on only getting about 20mpg with the 3.0 auto with only 2 adults riding in it with mostly i-75 and some m-59 towards waterford driving. Going to my parents house in Byron, MI (North of Howell) I averaged 28 mpg!!! I have generally been driving very smoothly with little acceleration on occasion and sometimes exceeding the speed limit on i-75. Its so easy in this car though. I have found myself well over 100 on a few occasions and couldn't even notice it. Honestly man I worried about the cost of cars and looked at what I could get for the money. Appearance of the car is very important to me and the fact that these cars are not everywhere except in certain areas i.e.-Bloomfield, Birmingham, Rochester, you get the idea. Knowing this made me buy the car. The cost of the car was the same as a gm bonneville of same year and items stock but lacked all-wheel drive. Plus the sport includes traction-control not that I think it needed it! Plus you see the gm, ford, and whatever other car is in the price range for that amount of money. The jag is a totally different car for the amount of money they get for them. If I had the money to buy a new car this probably wouldn't have been my choice for sure but for winter driving here in MI as well as other crazy weather here in MI I had to go with it. As soon as I drove one of these I couldn't not buy one. My wife also didn't want one and was very stern on it "WE ARE NOT GETTING A JAG!" What car do we now have after one test drive in one-A 2002 Jaguar X-type sport! Sorry if its confusing I know what I mean [sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]