X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 manual X-Type sport spares or repair?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2001 manual X-Type sport spares or repair?

unfortunately my jag is past what i am prepared to spend on it to keep it running but someone may like her for spares or even to get her back to spec again.

its a 2001 sport petrol manual
less than 50k miles
red leather/material interior
new clutch and dual mass fly wheel June 2013 (cost £2k in all to repair)
2 owners from new
stainless performance exhaust and chipped by Paramount Performance when new
mostly Guernsey miles hence low mileage

following issues:
brake disks all corners
needs new coolant reservoir
leaky rad - wont hold water
drivers side windows only step down and up
drivers side switches have an issue where sometimes you pull to put them up but they go down
lambda sensor always on since new exhaust, jag dealer couldnt fix it, replaced many times
ABS showing on dashboard as having an issue

i'm interested in knowing if its worth selling in to the UK - note i need to ship it over, that will cost about £150 and there will be VAT payable on the sale value too..

i'd be interested in any offers or an estimate of what you think its worth to see if its worth pursuing

thanks in advance
Adam

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Lucasfreight,

That is a tricky one, the car looks fab, I personally would use a free ad site like gumtree or en ebay deal.

You are very considerate in saying the car would suit someone who respects her and I like that.

The issue is you probably don't want more expense and I would maybe consider a small fee to a fancier, a relative or someone who will appreciate her?

Just be careful, there are loads of crooks out there who may offer you daft money as they are fraudsters and scammers of that ilk.

You can spares or repair but you need space and time, but one thing I am sure of is that the lower miles you have done will indicate to me that some parts will be in good near to new condition and gearbox will be fine, but I am only guessing.

Good luck, without driving or seeing her up front,I couldn't ascertain a certain value and sadly some see the X Type as a poor buy, no doubt you have had many splendid miles, I would hang out for the next person you meet who expresses the passion we share for these lovely capable cars, just don't sell yourself short my friend?

All the best, Stuart

Last edited by Stuart Beattie; 06-23-2017 at 07:06 AM.