X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 jaguar X-type 2.5 not starting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 jaguar X-type 2.5 not starting?

last week i had put my X-type on a ramp so i can change the left fog light. the car worked perfectly when i put it drove it on to the ramp. it was only like a 5 inch ramp just so i can get under and change the light. i did not start the car drive it down the ramp, instead i pushed in the clutch so it could roll down. i tried starting the car and the starter would not engage. when i turned on the key i heard the same noisy it usually does coming from the engine comp, like pumps systems starting up, etc.... the dash says low temp outside when the temperature outside was 50+ F degrees, it also read that dcs system fault. i had the local mechanic look at it. he connected the starter starter straight from the solenoid. connected a wire from the solenoid bolt to the starter bolt, it turned over but the fuel system did not engage when the key on in the on position, and the car was in neutral. he took the car to have a closer look, he checked all the fuses, relays nothing was bad or blown. he hooked up the diagnostic computer and it would not read anything. which i think is odd because about two months before that i had him connect it because the check engine came on, when he connected it it read the codes that one of the oxygen sensors was failing. so therefor i dont understand why the computer did not read the problem. please contact me i need help, my nearest jaguar certified service dealer is 4 hours from me. my family member who is a mechanic said it could be maybe a sensor in the clutch that failed, or the security system on the vehicle; he told me how to disarm the vehicle and still did not work, or the inertia switch which the mechanic has not tried tried to reset yet. i have called dealers to ask if they had any ideas and they responded with no i would not have a clue sorry. go figure so can someone please help me.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I think your problem is as simple as a bad battery ground wire or simply a discharged battery. dcs system fault is the notorious fault that accompanies any type of battery system failure on the xtype. I would assume that your car is acting erratically just because it doesn't have enough power or there is too much corrosion on one of the leads to allow enough current to flow.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by disguay
I think your problem is as simple as a bad battery ground wire or simply a discharged battery. .
I was thinking the same could you not have nocked one of the ground wires when you were changing the fog light.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There's an ignition cut-out that activates in the event of a crash or big impact. Is it possible this needs resetting?

Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I remember correctly inertia swith is easy to reset. It´s located at passenger side footwell (on the right side..)