Sponsored by:

2002 x-type should i part it out??!?! For sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 x-type should i part it out??!?! For sale

Hello JagForum!

Well,

I'm going crazy here and can't make a decision. But, I have a 2002 Jaguar X-type 2.5. Black/Black, clear title.

Car runs and drives and the body and interior are in good shape.

Hear is the question.

It's throwing like 3 different codes, one is the cylinder 1 misfire, the other is the cat sensor (which could very possibly be a fried converter), it's leaking antifreeze, and now recently some wheel sensor code.

It's gonna cost me probably $1,000 to fix, maybe more. Should I part this X-type out? I was looking online and the tail lights, headlights, and hood alone are worth $1000.

I'm in the Buffalo, NY area and if your knowledgable with this car, you can take it off my hands for $2,500?

Let me know if interested. Thank you!

Last edited by Ricky305; 04-27-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky305
It's throwing like 3 different codes, one is the cylinder 1 misfire, the other is the cat sensor (which could very possibly be a fried converter), it's leaking antifreeze, and now recently some wheel sensor code.
A) Cylinder 1 Misfire Code - Bad Spark Plug ($5 USD), or plug Coil Unit ($50 USD)

B) Catalytic Convertor Code - Check for loose wire/connector (Free), or Replace Sensor ($50 USD)

Note: A) and B) could likely be caused by a minor vacuum leak that requires only 6 inches of Duct Tape to repair - Search the X-Type section of this Forum for cure!

C) Wheel Sensor Code - Probably as simple as a glop of road goop on the sensor, or a loose/corroded plug - Search the X-Type section of this Forum for cure!

D) Anti-freeze Leak - Maybe just a spoonful of JB Weld around the famous X-Type Reservoir Leak (Replacement part $100 USD) - Search the X-Type section of this Forum for cure!

A Jaguar X-Type that needs possibly ZERO DOLLARS to repair, for $1,500 USD?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Do your homework here on the forum, Ricky305!

The fixes are likely simple and free, and require only a few shots of WD-40, a glob of epoxy, wiggling some wires, and maybe a bit of duct tape.

Good Luck, and Keep the Faith!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bruce in North Dakota
A) Cylinder 1 Misfire Code - Bad Spark Plug ($5 USD), or plug Coil Unit ($50 USD)

B) Catalytic Convertor Code - Check for loose wire/connector (Free), or Replace Sensor ($50 USD)

Note: A) and B) could likely be caused by a minor vacuum leak that requires only 6 inches of Duct Tape to repair - Search the X-Type section of this Forum for cure!

C) Wheel Sensor Code - Probably as simple as a glop of road goop on the sensor, or a loose/corroded plug - Search the X-Type section of this Forum for cure!

D) Anti-freeze Leak - Maybe just a spoonful of JB Weld around the famous X-Type Reservoir Leak (Replacement part $100 USD) - Search the X-Type section of this Forum for cure!

A Jaguar X-Type that needs possibly ZERO DOLLARS to repair, for $1,500 USD?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Do your homework here on the forum, Ricky305!

The fixes are likely simple and free, and require only a few shots of WD-40, a glob of epoxy, wiggling some wires, and maybe a bit of duct tape.

Good Luck, and Keep the Faith!

Your AMAZING!!! I will literally go over everything an put a couple hundred into it... The car is super solid ... Amazing runner and amazing in the snow even w all the problems listed...

Thanks!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky305
Your AMAZING!!! I will literally go over everything an put a couple hundred into it... The car is super solid ... Amazing runner and amazing in the snow even w all the problems listed...

Thanks!!!

You're