X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Jaguar X-type help 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Jaguar X-type help 2.5L

I recently had a mechanic working on my 2004 Jaguar x-type. It needed a new engine, so the old engine was taken out and the new one put in. After the new one was put in, the clutch is currently not working. There is no fluid coming out when bleeding the clutch, only air. The brakes bleed fine and the reservoir drops in fluids, however, when bleeding the clutch we get no fluids. The clutch inside the car drops to the floor and you have to manually bring it back. That is the first of the problems.

The second problem is we have two electrical wires that the mechanic can not find the plugs to. The first one is down by the ac compressor currently, is a circular that has two prongs. The second wire is at the top of the engine on the left side, this wire looks like it has some kind of small filter hooked up to it….

On top of these wires not being plugged in – when the engine is turned on the low oil pressure light also turns on. I am hoping that one of those wires may be the oil pressure sensor.

I am kind of a new guy when it comes to working on cars, so if you need anything explained more I will try to do my best.
The engine seems to run fine when turned on, but we didn’t leave it running due to the low pressure light being on.

The clutch was replaced roughly 4 months ago, with that the master cylinder and brake booster was also replaced, not the clutch master cylinder.

We are thinking that the clutch problem could be the clutch master cylinder? And the low oil pressure could be a wire not correctly plugged in. We do have the full manual; however, is just a pain to go through in the CD format.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Stressed Jaguar Owner

Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would suggest you have a talk with your mechanic (assuming you are paying him for the job).

Having not looked too much at the x type clutch system I believe it is all mechanical and I'm thinking that something isn't aligned or the wiring is pinched (not very likely as you would have pressure). In you post you say about replacing the mc, clutch and brake booster but nothing about the slave. Curious as to why you replaced all of these things which should not really need replaced for 10-20 years on most (clutch not included). It leads me to have some questions for your mechanic's ability to diagnose problems aside from his boat payment schedule.

Seriously, provided it is an engine for the same year everything should be there to plug in to it. Have a look at your old engine for any harnesses that the new one doesn't have.