Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 x type powertrain light comes on goes into limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 x type powertrain light comes on goes into limp mode

hello,

my 2004 jaguar x type powertrain light (the red circle with the exclamation mark in the center) randomly comes on and then goes into limp mode, it happens very randomly... I've been to two mechanics and two transmission places neither of which can figure out what causing this to happen...
the codes are:

P1582

P0778

I've been without my car for two months now and don't know what to do.. both mechanics and both transmission places are great spots, have had other cars worked on at all four places over the years... this is the first time I've brought a vehicle into any of these places and they haven't been able to figure out what the problem is....

Old 05-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,320 Likes on 1,005 Posts

P1582 just indicates that information has been stored and doesn't signify a fault. The P0778 indicates a problem with the 2/4 brake pressure circuit malfunction. The solenoid in the transmission is either defective or the wiring to the solenoid has been damaged.

Follow the link i have posted below and download the section (X-Type Powertrain Specifications cont.). It will provide the steps to testing.

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource