X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Jaguar X Type Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Jaguar X Type Windshield

I am replacing a windshield in a 2005 Jaguar X Type and the man who replaced the windshield before me glued the left and right side trim pieces that frame the glass down. I was pulling them off and the plastics cracked in a couple of places. When I contacted the dealership they said that there is one specific clip that is supposed to hold those left and right side trim pieces on. I was wondering how many of those clips should I order with the side trim pieces in order to install them properly and how are the clips placed? I do not want to glue them back down and rig it up as the service man did before me. Any knowledge would help. Thank you

Fisher

Old 06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Fisher
I am replacing a windshield in a 2005 Jaguar X Type and the man who replaced the windshield before me glued the left and right side trim pieces that frame the glass down. I was pulling them off and the plastics cracked in a couple of places. When I contacted the dealership they said that there is one specific clip that is supposed to hold those left and right side trim pieces on. I was wondering how many of those clips should I order with the side trim pieces in order to install them properly and how are the clips placed? I do not want to glue them back down and rig it up as the service man did before me. Any knowledge would help. Thank you

Fisher
Do you mean the part that are the topic of this thread? The trim pieces don't hold the glass down in any way, they are purely decorative. I've seen those trim pieces for less than £10 on xtypeparts.com and other places. I'm assuming the "clips" you mean are the ones in plastic, as the ones in the car are apparently metal and probably difficult to break.