X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 door locks not working to lock

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 08:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2006 door locks not working to lock

2006 xtype 3.0. Door locks won't lock using remote. And if I manually lock the front doors, they unlock on their own almost immediately.

If I lock the rears manually they stay locked but can unlock with remote.

I just don't understand how it's doing this.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:10 AM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

Been a few years, but I think it's related to the ignition lock. The little "flapper" where you insert the key to start the car may be sticking open when the key is removed. Apply a little spray lube to it and make sure the flap closes. Should fix it.

The following users liked this post:
avern1 (01-05-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by RudyF6
Been a few years, but I think it's related to the ignition lock. The little "flapper" where you insert the key to start the car may be sticking open when the key is removed. Apply a little spray lube to it and make sure the flap closes. Should fix it.
Scratched my head on this for weeks. Fiddled with the flap now it works. Thank you!

I was over thinking it. I was looking at relays and all thinking it had to be super complicated.

So cross that one off the list now.

The following users liked this post:
RudyF6 (01-03-2021)
Old 01-13-2021, 10:28 AM
Default Crap

Apparently it was a fluke. It stopped working again. Nothing changed checked flap no key ding and nothing if I hit lock lights flash like it locked and if I double press it beeps to confirm lock but no lock. Now the door can be locked and unlocked inside also I csn unlock manually locked drivers door but only sometimes on all others. Also I can't power lock or unlock all doors inside

Old 02-27-2021, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had similar problem, key fob stopped working, manual lock/unlock hitty missy. Changed batteries, used spare but no difference. It has been intermittent for 2 months, then nothing. I replaced fuse F22 in the passenger glove compartment, now all working fine although the original fuse looked ok Now all working as it should.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:06 PM
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Take the battery out of the fob and see if the problem goes away.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:29 PM
Default Narrowed it down

I had pulled and shaped fuses already, but I had narrowed it down to the door lock its self. I am trying to get one soon.

Old 04-05-2021, 06:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sone,
Have PM'd for some assistance.
Cheers JackHammer

Old 04-05-2021, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had similar problems with errant behaviour of central locking. I`d changed battery in fob x 3 changed fuse F22, lubed ignition etc. Still no great change. I bought a car alarm battery from Halfords for the fob at £3.40, hey presto all working fine. I`d used duracell in the key fob thinking they were prob best but just not good enough or maybe old stock. Good luck, it`s infuriating problem

Old 04-05-2021, 12:24 PM
Default Already been through all that

Originally Posted by peter wilsonlough
I recently had similar problems with errant behaviour of central locking. I`d changed battery in fob x 3 changed fuse F22, lubed ignition etc. Still no great change. I bought a car alarm battery from Halfords for the fob at £3.40, hey presto all working fine. I`d used duracell in the key fob thinking they were prob best but just not good enough or maybe old stock. Good luck, it`s infuriating problem

Already been through all that have even tested remotes (I have 3), it will only lock front drivers door consistently with manual lock from key. I am actually trying to arrange purchase of an entire parts car, to get a few bits including the lock mechanism. I have diagnosed the lock to be faulty I can even bypass and make the system work all but that lock. I have also found the lock fault. It gets stuck between lock and unlock. I did find some info on fixing it but would rather not try till I have a replacment.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Door locks not working

I might be able to contribute here says the newbee hoping not to get laughed off.

If your hood is not shut your remote will not lock car or set alarm. Had this issue last week while working on car. Thought I really screwed something up, but shut hood and has worked perfectly since. Could be coincidence but something to check. Good luck.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:16 PM
Default Not a door open or hood

Not a door open or hood it won't lock but unless you play with the cable, it's apparently in the lock mechanism and since they are sequential and it's the drivers door, it makes for issues

Old 06-12-2021, 03:21 AM
Default I still need to figure this out

It's been months and I still can't seem to figure out this issue. It's in the driver's door lock mechanism.

If I get inside the car and shut the door I can not manually lock the driver's door via the little lock tab.

If I shut the door from outside I can lock it with key manually. If it's locked manually it will respond with remotes just fine to unlock and also to unlock all doors if pressed twice

If I manually lock the door some times I can unlock and lock via remote.

If I open the door and shut it again most times I cannot lock the door via remote. But always manually.

It seems that if I open the door that's when I have an issue with the lock..

I have tried luring the lock too.

Any other suggestions or things I missed.

To me it seeks the only constant is if I unlock the door and open it, it will not re-lock via remote. I also get the horn like something is not closed. If I manually lock it and hit lock again it behaves normaly.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 758 Posts

I haven't had this issue myself ....thank goodness, but I have seen some other threads regarding door lock issues that seem to talk about threaded nylon eyelets that wind onto the door lock rods can begin to strip their threads and start creeping off their rods.
Seems the rods can eventually pull out of the eyelets and leave you with a door that wont open.
If you are getting some change in rod lengths due to this beginning, the door lock mechanism workings might not be coming back to a true neutral resting position - the clue perhaps is your internal lock tab not manually functioning.
This might be holding your master central locking position switch or actuator slightly out of home position.
The curious thing too is the horn........do you notice any oddity in the interior light operation on that door not coming on or staying on - just a thought?

Old 06-14-2021, 10:03 PM
Default Locks always work from key

What I meant with the horn is that if it won't lock it will do the horn chirp and show that something isn't correct.

The handle control line that others have issues with is not causing issues.

Has anyone rebuilt or adjusted the internal parts of the door lock?

Old 06-14-2021, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 745 Likes on 665 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...roblem-105720/

Heed there are 2 things to open the door. The cable and the rod. Bets are one or both need repair.

Might help to lubricate

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...go-off-205253/

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 06-14-2021 at 10:44 PM.