X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 x Type

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 x Type

76K miles and always ran perfect. I went for a wonderful joy ride and all of sudden it died. 1/2 tank of gas, cranks strong, but does not start. I had it towed to a place on a Sunday and they called Monday morning saying they do not work on Jags even the "Ford" Fusion type. They also mentioned that it turned right over and started. So, I walked up to the shop and started it up and drove it home. That was in February. I keep it at a seasonal place in Arizona. I arrived back in Arizona today. It started right up and I move it to the other side of the house. I just went out to started it and nothing except it cranks over very strong. I checked the switch on the passenger side and it appears to be pushed down - no give.

I am ready to just put it on Craiglist for next to nothing because there is not a Jaguar shop for 180 miles.

Any ideas? I did disconnect the battery and touched the positive and negative cables together. Seems I read something about that resetting something.

Thank you kindly in advance,

Old 05-27-2024, 08:18 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,898 Likes on 3,203 Posts

stuckinaz, from the sounds of things, your fuel pump is starting to go. A quick test that you can do is the next time it does not want to start, listen to see if fuel pump is running. I bet you will probably not hear it running. First, roll the key to the RUN position (do not take to START), let is sit for a few seconds (say 5) and then roll it to START. Did this help? If yes, your fuel pump is going. If no, take the key back to the RUN position. Do you hear the fuel pump running? If no, then get out of the car (key still in RUN) and go to the right (passenger) rear tire and just in front if it, look under the car. You should see the fuel tank there. In the fuel tank, you will see a half moon indention in the tank. Make a fist or use something solid and hit in the center of that half moon. Do you hear the fuel pump running now (may only run for a few seconds)? If yes, your fuel pump is starting to go.

As for a shop, I would say to do some looking for a "European shop" that works on cars. They should be able to handle your car with ease.

As for disconnecting the battery, all that does is clear any memory the ECU has in it. Sometimes this will fix an oddball issue with the car. But, in this case, it probably will not help out.

The following users liked this post:
Bill400 (06-27-2024)