X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 Volt reference wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 Volt reference wiring diagram

Hi Folks Is there such a thing as a specific 5 Volt reference circuit wiring diagram for the 2007 2.2 diesel (No DPF and elecrtric EGR)

Reason for asking is that I have had continuous problems with the EGR (we think). I have had the EGR Blanked and deleted from the Mapping.

I now have P10000 code and the EML stays on. Its been like that for a week now. Not sure if the blanking would cause that?

I will get it checked next week to see if the code has changed to P1111 now as I sm pretty sure I have completed all of the relevant drive cycles.

I am now being advised that it may be the ECU / ECM that is the issue. I think it may be a short on the 5v reference circuit.

I would need to check the 5v pin on the ECU to see if there was 5v there

Any help gratefully received

Old Today, 01:03 PM
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

EGR power is ECU pin 7 per the wiring diagram. Yellow and blue wire that connects to the EGR pin 4.

Old Today, 02:09 PM

Cheers once again dh53,

My understanding, could be wrong, is that the 5 Volt reference from the ECU is a shared circuit in that all sensors have a 5V reference / signal like the Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor in your diagram above, coming from the same Pin Out on the ECU

If that is the case could a short in one drop the voltage in them all?

Once again thank you for your assistance

Last edited by Gantocks; Today at 02:12 PM.
Old Today, 02:22 PM

Hi dh53

Duh I see my error above the Air Conditioning is from DL 1-86 different pin out

So if there is no 5v getting to the EGR and the wiring is good It would be the ECU?

Or could something else be causing it?

Cheers

Old Today, 05:57 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,909 Likes on 3,211 Posts

Gantocks, you are correct, if there is a problem with the wiring feeding all the devices that use that 5V reference voltage, then it would throw a lot of things off. A grounded component could pull the whole circuit down. If there is a break in the wiring, that would stop the voltage. This is where the easiest way to solve this is to unplug all devices on the 5V circuit and see if you are getting 5V at all points. This will tell you if you have any breaks in the wiring and/or if the ECU is outputting the 5V signal. From there, you can plug in the sensors one at a time, verifying that you still have 5V. If the 5V goes away, the last thing plugged in is bad and needs to be replaced. Not the quickest process, but in this case, because you have so many potentials, you need to reach a point that you know what is good and then slowly add the questionable components back in to determine what is wrong. Just because you find one thing wrong, keep on the path of replacing one thing and checking. You could potentially have 2 issues.

Old Today, 06:10 PM
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

That 5V reference voltage gets around to several sensors. I'm not certain they are all the same 5V supply and not 2 or more isolated 5V supplies coming out of the ECU but thermo knows more than I so I would trust his recommendation to check all the 5V sensors. Here are the pin outs from the manual that I find that are 5V supply: