X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs and engine light on c1175 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool abs and engine light on c1175 code

hello and thank you for allowing me to join the forum . my 2005 Jag x-type has engine light on and ABS light on , the first codes it through out was the cam sensors and after checking them out i found a broken wire to the front sensor, i fixed the wire and turned off the light and drove the car all good until i turned the car off and when i turned it back on the abs light came back and the engine light came on , it show the left rear wheel sensor so I checked the axle and sensor all good but i did change the sensor and turned the light off until i started the car again and light and abs back on, I think its a bad wire on this also but not sure where to start, under the rug ?under the seat ? i'm sure someone has had this same problem . thank you for any help.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:16 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,928 Likes on 3,224 Posts

darinzo, this is a common problem with the X-types. Before you go after wiring (unless you know someone buggered it up before you), pull out the sensor on the left rear wheel and then using a light, look down in the hole. What you should see is a metal band with rectangles cut out of it that is wrapped around the axle shaft. If you don't see it or you see that it is not tightly attached to the axle, you have a broken sensor ring. Unfortunately, if this is the case, getting a new CV shaft is your best option. this ring is known for rusting and breaking, resulting in the car not seeing the axle spin.

If all this looks good, then I would first go after the wiring that is outside of the car. From there, you can follow the wire into the body of the car and as I recall, it runs up the left side of the car. This is where hand over handing the wiring is going to be about the only way you are going to find the issue unless you have some specialized tooling. In this case, what you would need is what is referred to as a signal tracker. In short, you would attach one end of the device to a wire in the plug to the sensor. This will inject a signal into the wire. You then use the wand end to follow the wire. Where the signal ends is where the wire is broken. These can be had on e-bay for like $40. If you do a lot of wire chasing, it is a blessing. Makes finding wires much easier if you know where one end is. A lot of these are meant for chasing down CAT5 cables and the like. Just make sure if you get one, that you have the version that comes with alligator clips so you can attach it to wiring.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Thermo! I will get it back up on the lift and just all this again . I do have that tracing tool some where in my garage and I'll dig that out to see if i can find a bad wire . like I said this can't be the only car doing this someone had to have the same problem.
thank again and I will let you know how I make out .

Old 07-24-2018, 08:40 PM
Received 287 Likes on 234 Posts

darinzo: After you inspect the reluctor ring, check for iron filings on the magnetic wheel speed sensor, and confirm the continuity of wires from the speed sensor to the ABS module, the remaining culprit could be a loose wire inside the ABS electrical module. Bosch used very thin aluminum wires which are ultrasonically cold welded, not soldered, so they can vibrate loose with age and heat. If you rule out everything else and suspect a bad wire inside the ABS electrical module, two options are:

1) Buy a used ABS module. They sell for $50-$100 on eBay. Match the Bosch part number on the bottom, which has a format 0 265 950 ???, where ??? are 3 digits that vary by model year and with / without DSC.

2) Pay ~$100 to have your ABS electrical module repaired. Yevgeniy "Gino" Nabedrik repaired mine for $109 plus S&H. His business is Module Repair Pro, 5911 Lemon Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91441. If Gino can't repair it, he'll return it for just the shipping cost, no diagnostic fee.

With either option, there's nothing to reprogram, just plug & play, and reset any ABS error codes. No need to bleed the brakes, since you don't mess with the ABS hydraulic module or brake lines connected to it.

Pictures of an ABS electronics module removed from my X-Type are in this post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...6/#post1890800

And further down in the same thread are videos of an ABS internals, which convinced me this is more than a simple re-solder DIY repair: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...6/#post1894394

Old 07-25-2018, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

video of x type reluctor ring

Old 07-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

All cars have problem with damaged sensor wire. I have same code, I hope it is wires.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 761 Likes on 678 Posts

If all else fails, look at and read the "stickies" on main page =

X Type 'HOW TO' " quick links " model specs / info / accessories

Speedsensor ring
rear-wheel-speedsensor-ring-failure-diagnosis-&-replacement