X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS sensor, DSC, and MAP sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS sensor, DSC, and MAP sensor help

My sister's 2007 X type 3.0 AWD with 67,000 miles recently had the ABS light and DSC System Fault lights go on. The next day the check engine light also came on. Upon scanning the car I have two codes, P0108 (MAP sensor High Input) and C0034 (right front wheel speed sensor). What would be the best course of action to take? The engine seems to run fine. Can I clean the MAP Sensor like you can clean the MAF sensor? Just spray it with MAF cleaner? Is it possible the connections are dirty? Or does the P0108 code indicate the sensor should be replaced?

Regarding the ABS light and DSC system fault message. So on my '07 x type 3.0 (53k miles) I had the same lights come on, and got a code for the driver's rear wheel speed sensor. However it was intermittent and after a week of driving the car for a while it went away and never came back. Not sure what happened there but I haven't had any problems since. That was a year ago. My sister's car shows the passenger front sensor code. Her car has been sitting for about a week in the driveway and it has been raining a lot. Don't know if that matters.

Thanks.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,932 Likes on 3,228 Posts

Evan97, as for the MAP sensor issue, I would say to simply get a new sensor. You can try cleaning it, but odds are, you are going to end up replacing the sensor in the near future anyways. Give the wiring a good look over to make sure you haven't had a critter think the wiring made for a good spaghetti dinner.

As for your C0034 code. I am a bit confused by this as none of my manuals reference a C0034 code for your car. All of the C codes for the X-Type start in the 1000's. So, I would expect that your code would be C1145. But, with this being said, I would first start with simply doing a bearing check to make sure that the bearing is good. Try and twist the wheel off of the car (grabbing at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and attempt to turn the wheel like would happen with the steering wheel) and see if you have any play. If so, you may have a bad wheel bearing. From there, remove the wheel and inspect the wiring to the wheel speed sensor. This may have been damaged by something getting up in the wheel well as she was driving. Finally, if you want to check the sensor, you can remove the sensor and then putting the sensor near the edge of a table, you can connect a multimeter to the 2 pins of the sensor with the multimeter set to 2V (DCV) and then using a large metal object, pass it by the tip of the sensor. The faster and closer you get to the tip of the sensor, the larger the pulse will be. DON"T!!!!! strike the tip of the sensor though. So, work your way up in speed and closeness. If you can see the multimeter jump in indication as you pass the metal bar (screw driver is good enough). then odds are the sensor is good.