X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Serius radio to X Type wagon

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding Serius radio to X Type wagon

I have a 2006 X Type Sport Wagon with Alpine in-dash CD Radio with the factory Bluetooth option. I would like to add Serius satellite radio to the vehicle. Has anyone done this with success??

In my other vehicles I have used a dummy cassette, however, the Alpine unit does not have a cassette capability. On other installations I have tried using the FM transmit capability of the Serius unit, however, the FM dial in Toronto is completly filled.

Is there any chance of finding an Alpine unit with the Serius radio feature?? Has anyone had any experience with shops in the Toronto/Mississauga region??

Any help, advice or comments would be appreciated.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you cannot use a FM station then you will need to install a ACM. This way you can it can be played through the aux. I know people in here have done it and it doesnt seem too hard to do.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Wes
I have a 2006 X Type Sport Wagon with Alpine in-dash CD Radio with the factory Bluetooth option. I would like to add Serius satellite radio to the vehicle. Has anyone done this with success??

In my other vehicles I have used a dummy cassette, however, the Alpine unit does not have a cassette capability. On other installations I have tried using the FM transmit capability of the Serius unit, however, the FM dial in Toronto is completly filled.

Is there any chance of finding an Alpine unit with the Serius radio feature?? Has anyone had any experience with shops in the Toronto/Mississauga region??

Any help, advice or comments would be appreciated.
I have the ACM (audio Control Module) on my 2007 X-Type. I use it to connect my ipod, iphone and other audio/video devices like portable DVD player (which is currently an ipad in my car).

Why do I bring this up?

1. The ACM is able to both charge AND output from my iphone 4 (and any ipod)

2. I installed the XM/Sirius App on my iphone and it can stream without a hitch.

3. Audio quality from XM/Sirius is equal to the installed receiver on my wife's new Subaru.

4. Using an app means that I don't need to make any changes to the car console.

If you don't have an iphone, I believe the XM app is available for most of the other platforms as well. With my iphone I can use XM/Sirius, Slacker, Pandora AND the ipod. Of course in terms of audio quality, the ipod beats the others. I end up listening to ipod most of the time in any case.

The advantage of the ACM is that it can accommodate the XM/Sirius feature that you want, but it can also do a lot more. With the XM/Sirius player you are limited to their service only.

However, the iphone app currently does not have all the channels.

I am assuming you are aware that the x type has a sirius radio option that you can add as an accessory. It will simply integrate it into the Alpine audio system.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've installed ACM's in both my 05 X-Type wagon and my 06 S-Type. I balked at first because the kits seem expensive for their description. But once the first one was in - the integrated functions and flexibility proved themselves quickly.

Just be sure you get the most current version. Older versions are still being sold here and there. They will not always be compatible with current external gadgets.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM

Thanks to all for the quick comeback and good info. The X-Type is primarily my wife's car and I would like to make the unit easy to access and utilize. It appears that the "Installation Kit" C2S 42382 (?) utilizing our existing Sirius radio would be the way to go. So far I have not been able to find one, however I will contiuue to search. Thanks again for your help.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 AM

I have received a price of $ 164 on the Installation Kit C2S 42382. The dealer says I also need the Receiver Kit C2S 31222 which is priced at $1865.

I had hoped that if I had the installation kit in place I would be able to insert one of my existing Sirius radios into the former ashtray and be in business. My existing receivers cost more like $18.00

Can anyone advise if the installation kit alone will facilitate the use of an off-the-shelf Sirius receiver??? Help!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Using ACM with Sirius

If you use the ACM in the armrest, where would be the best place to put the Satellite Receiver?