X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding spoliers'

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding spoliers'

Anyone ever see this before on a jag? an upper lip added on the top of the back window? does anyone have any picture of it? and does anyone know a good place to order factory trunk spoliers for the xtype?

http://www.jaguarxp.com/jagxp/Jaguar...%20spoiler.htm

[/align]

Old 04-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts
Default RE: Adding spoliers'

Check out Arden's kits .I believe Arden is making one for the X Types . If not you can also browse

www.spoilerdepot.com

www.spolierfactory.com

Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roof spoilers look rediculous IMO. Go with the factory spoiler.

I'd actually recommend against the Arden spoiler. It's way overpriced and it actually looks rediculous in person. It's a large piece that adheres to the top and side of the trunk panel. Probably one of the least attractive (or effective) parts that they sell.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: ArdenX

Roof spoilers look rediculous IMO. Go with the factory spoiler.

I'd actually recommend against the Arden spoiler. It's way overpriced and it actually looks rediculous in person. It's a large piece that adheres to the top and side of the trunk panel. Probably one of the least attractive (or effective) parts that they sell.
+1

Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sorry but this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. For God's sake, this is a Jaguar, not a Mazda.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 PM

Yea JaguarXP has turned into an ill-managed business that sells poorly made knock-offs of genuine OEM and aftermarket parts.

It almost sounds like they have a call center based in the Philippines, though, Im sure they couldn't afford that.

I wouldn't recommend buying anything from them as they have tried to steer clear of selling items that they did not (poorly) produce themselves. Regardless of what they might lead you to think very few (if any) parts are genuine OEM.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 PM

well i just ordered a trunk spolier from ebay, they have nothing but great feedback, i didnt want to get a factory jag spolier due to you having to drill in the trunk lid.. i will post pics when i get it installed!

Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 PM

i almost ordered the roof spoiler from Mina, cause i thought it would look good with the factory trunk spoiler on my 02 Sport, but after really thinking about it, i decided not to.

now after reading what people have to say about it, im glad i didnt.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The factory lip spoiler that came stock used double sided tape and wasn't drilled on.

Thread from the dead...

Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by aquill1
The factory lip spoiler that came stock used double sided tape and wasn't drilled on.

Thread from the dead...
ha ha, i was just about to post this and say that my factory lip spoiler is not drilled cause i didnt see any bolts from the under side of the trunk..

Old 03-26-2009, 09:24 PM

I got this spoiler off Ebay painted for no more than $300 (can't remember exactly). It was stick on. I happened to have my Jag in the body shop at the *********** from someone bumping me, so they put it on for me. I love it and it has been on her for 3 years and we have had some brutal winters the last couple of years. The X does not get driven much in the Summer, so I couldn't testify to the heat.

Name:  Stablemate20.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  42.8 KB

Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I didn't realize the X type was lacking for rear downforce.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,894 Likes on 3,201 Posts

Chris, I don't think it is. Besides, with a spoiler the size that most people are talking about, how fast do you have to be going to get a decent amount of downforce? 100 mph? How many people do that on even an infrequent basis while turning? I see a piece like this more as a decorative item to get "a look".

Old 03-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Got to say that some of you people spend more time on useless stuff, than on good stuff. Just install a K&N force air intake, and a Borla exhaust, and it will do more than the spoiler. I have a factory one on my cat (3.0 sport) and it looks OK, but to buy one to get a down force..you gotta be kidding. If you want to make it look go-fast. OK, but if you want more performance, put the money under the hood, not on the trunk. Just some thoughts

Old 03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Thermo
Chris, I don't think it is. Besides, with a spoiler the size that most people are talking about, how fast do you have to be going to get a decent amount of downforce? 100 mph? How many people do that on even an infrequent basis while turning? I see a piece like this more as a decorative item to get "a look".
Tongue was firmly planted in cheek on that one Thermo....

Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,894 Likes on 3,201 Posts

Chris, I take it that you like to see what the kitty will do. Well, if I get the job that I am currently looking at (on to step 3 of 4), I will have all the room I need to stretch my legs. But, I will be living in the middle of BFE Iowa and will have the ability to stretch some. Not everyone has that luxury. But then, here in Virginia, there's a few people that think you can get going fast enough to make a spoiler useful on any highway. They simply weave in and out of traffic. DC is notorious for this. C'est la vie. If I want to go fast, that is what my 70 Charger or my Hyabusa Smart Car will be for. He he he he he he.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boobea
Got to say that some of you people spend more time on useless stuff, than on good stuff. Just install a K&N force air intake, and a Borla exhaust, and it will do more than the spoiler. I have a factory one on my cat (3.0 sport) and it looks OK, but to buy one to get a down force..you gotta be kidding. If you want to make it look go-fast. OK, but if you want more performance, put the money under the hood, not on the trunk. Just some thoughts
I'd buy the spoiler and exhaust, although I'd buy them both for the looks not performance. If you want something that is upgradeable why would anyone look into a jag?

Old 03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread will cure you of wanting to put spoliers on your car... forever

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/mx/

Mike

Seriously... if you really think a spoiler will add to your car go ahead and do it... but don't rush into things.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Talking

Originally Posted by Thermo
Chris, I take it that you like to see what the kitty will do. Well, if I get the job that I am currently looking at (on to step 3 of 4), I will have all the room I need to stretch my legs. But, I will be living in the middle of BFE Iowa and will have the ability to stretch some. Not everyone has that luxury. But then, here in Virginia, there's a few people that think you can get going fast enough to make a spoiler useful on any highway. They simply weave in and out of traffic. DC is notorious for this. C'est la vie. If I want to go fast, that is what my 70 Charger or my Hyabusa Smart Car will be for. He he he he he he.
Sounds like fun Thermo. I go to DC on business every other month or so, and I really don't even like to take the Jag for fear of parking lot attendants and the terrible traffic. Unfortunately last time I did, and on the way home on I-68 just past Cumberland MD at 8:00 on a Sunday morning I got gigged doing 95mph in a 65. The nice officer knocked it down to 84 since there were two other cars with me and his radar couldn't seperate.

Luckily he didn't see me a few miles earlier when I was doing 110....

Quick Reply: Adding spoliers'