X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Aftermarket stuff

WHy aquil look its snowing today about 6-8 inches here, then tomorrow EVERYTHING is gonna be all clear, we are gonna have school etc. Then having snow tires on pavement is not good for te car. As the snow tires stick to the ground more, the snow tires will stick to the pavement and forces the car to much on the wheels. Like I said A NO NO for me on snow tires.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What? There's nothing wrong with extra traction on the pavement...I just don't have the money to pay for those things! No idea why you wouldn't take tires given to you? Whether you have money or not!
Snow tires do add traction but worth it to me...not necessarily!

Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM

WTF are you talking about LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if u only drive in the city when its plowed and never leave it my friend you just don’t know how to drive. Wtf does that have to do with anything????? Also your just an idiot man, AWD doesnt help??? Put snow tires on a RWD garantee it will only make a small difference compared to a AWD. If your gonna say stuff like that, dont even try and say anything about this topic. Also IF YOU READ THE WHOLE THREAD. I never said they are not good but I am never gonna buy them and here it snows 6 inches and tomorrow everything is all plowed up. Think before you speak man please. put a bmw 330i with a jaguar x-type with all season tires. Its not like I dont go to school, store or any other thing because its snowing lol.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol I cant believe you guys are arguing with a 16 yr old ...

Old 12-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member

The one thing they don't take into consideration in the video are conditions. When there is snow and ice on the ground almost every person on the road slows down and takes it easy. You prepare yourself for the unexpected everytime you get in the car

I'd hope that the snow tires would perform better than all season tires, otherwise what would be the purpose? To me though the rare time we get bad weather if you adjust your driving you are better off if you don't get snow tires...me myself and I, cannot afford to go get some snow tires and than get some summer tires when the spring hits so snow tires are not on my priority list!

Not to get on the bash wagon but awd does absolutely nothing on ice compared to others! I hit a patch of ice doing about 25 mph over a short bridge going straight, with consistent speed no gas, no brake before or while hitting the bridge, no turning of steering wheel or anything and the car about came out on me...but snow tires wouldn't have done anything they may have been better but they wouldn't have effected or affected the outcome either way...I'm sure bo will let me know which one I should use...

Old 12-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member

Had an idiot pull out in front of me today...no problems...I drove cdl b for a couple of years...idiots are everywhere you can't escape them and just planning on your tires stopping you is more foolish than forecasting something happening...

Old 12-16-2007, 07:16 PM

ZAX81 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE read my reply you idiot. Thats why arguments happen cause people dont read. All I said is snow tires are better on the winter weather but if your cautious and everything nothing should happen. Also aquil on ice no tires can grip except chains. But when I was talking about AWD and RWD I was talking about snow not ice. AWD does help in snow alot. My parents had a 2004 Infiniti Q45 in the winter. It would not get out of the snow at all. So NEWBIE read please you lovely red rose you!

Watch it there's no reason to start name calling we all should be grown up on here guys...

Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member

Thought you were talking about ice seemed like you flowed off his post into ice...I'd hope awd is good in the snow...oh wait i've had mine over a year now...pretty sure it snowed last winter here in Michigan...yeah it performed well!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM

What does calling you an idiot have to do with anything knowing you, and no its not stupidity its just my opinion ok.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

Either one of you guys read my edit...this is a forum not smackdown...I was hoping I edited before any harm was done but apparently not. No more name calling your're too new here for this kind of stuff to be going on. Not so sure you could handle some of the other debates on this forum when your already calling name's over snow tires! Apologize shake hands and lets move on or this thread is going to be locked...I'm feeling a burst of mod power coming on...I must admit it feels good!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:06 PM

look at this ****...i go away 2 days and some newbies gonna kill each other! i miss all the good ****

Old 12-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah lol! Where you been lately? I've been like the only one on here...bo seems to stop in on occasion...

Old 12-16-2007, 10:23 PM

I'm here

Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Shouldn't you be going to sleep? School cancelled? I know we ended up getting about 8-10 inches here in south east michigan...

Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 AM

I started reading some of this crap, and I thought I was at the RX7 club or something.[:@] Geez, I hope that's the last time I have to read some crap like that around here...

Anyway, since we're all off topic, my car does great in the rain . When/If we get some snow, I'll be sure to take the cat out to play. The Explorer had lots of fun in the snow last year.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket stuff