X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost denied a BMW 550i .........

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Almost denied a BMW 550i .........

Ha ha...i hear ya bill! My son's only 14months but there are all sorts of things he loves that the wife is like ready to kill me! Like tossing him up in the air and other stupid stuff that they love...can't wait til he gets even older! Oh yeah I have jeep grand cherokee ('06) rental car while our mountaineer is in the shop and man does it suck! I hate the 3.7 v6's they have in all the jeeps...thing is loud and sounds ugly. The thing has no acceleration at least not like the mounty, actually the jag felt slow when I punched it the other day compared to the mounty (haven't driven the jag for almost a month until last week.)

Old 04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats pretty impressive to keep up with a V8 550i with a V6 X-type.
I actually saw a Lexus GS 460 hybrid beat a 08 Infiniti G37 stop light to stop light. Thats a fast *** hybrid. ( went home and researched, andthe Lexus Hybrid does 0-60 in 5.5 with an auto).Alot of surprises in the auto world ...
But yea, Jags look so much better.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, that's pretty nice. Went to the BMW drive event for Karmanos event last year and drove the 550i; thing felt pretty fast even w/the slushbox.

At least she was hot! Should have flagged her down and asked for another race. If you win, you get to have sexy time, if she wins.....uhhh....you get to have sexy time, too? Bahhaha!

Man, I notice these girls w/all these sporty cars (specifically the BMW girls) drive fast as *****. Then there's my *** never taking it above 2k rpm b/c gas costs too much! [8D] Then again, I'm not a hot girl in a sports car.

I would have loved to own an M3, but the way gas prices are going, I think a stripped Chevy Metro is in order!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

What was that ancient?

Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was pretty fast considering how beastly those 550i's are.

She had a lead foot, I don't think she wanted to stop anytime soon. Kinda disappointing because we were both heading in the same direction for a few miles but after that it was only single lane roads. I think it would have been interesting to test it with first gear as auto's tend to be sluggish off the line.

Though, with gas prices it hasn't been the best time to be messing around. I want to invest in a fast electric car, heard those are lots of fun!

Ha, yea, seems to be everyones opinion about Aquill. Maybe he is just in denial?

Old 04-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Or perhaps I see the truth, you really don't know whether it was a guy or girl...

Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

What was that ancient?
lmfao! I just got owned!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: ancientsanskrit

ORIGINAL: aquill1

What was that ancient?
lmfao! I just got owned!
Two can play at your guys game! LOL!

Hey check out the audi r8 post in the other car section...I saw an r8 the other day and as I was typing one of the adverts were staring at me from this site...really weird if you ask me!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:11 AM

You know I don't have it in me to burst your bubble, you obviously have your heart set on the possibility......so let's just say that it was just a "long haired fruity dude". I still wasn't able to get you a number.......

Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Bubble busting...you got beat by a girl!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:56 AM

Haha, it was a hot girl......(I think)!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: ArdenX

Haha, it was a hot girl......(I think)!
Exactly! LOL! You think!

Old 04-27-2008, 07:45 PM
one
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1- you're racing a girl that only bought the car because it was pretty and all her friends had BMW's.

#2- The 550 would destroy you, backwards, on 4 cylinders. I mean complete and total embarrassment to the point they would tow you home.

Quit paper racing against BMW, it's a losing (and I cannot stress enough, LOOSING) battle. BMW (and all the other Germans) lie their **** off about the power they make. If you think an AWD v6 Ford has a chance in haties against a RWD v8 5 liter BMW sport sedan, I want some of what your smoking and a little extra for the ride home.

Enjoy your Jag and stay in your league when street racing. A better tip however would be to race someone who knows how to drive rather than some girl next to you at the red light. The more I say that the more laughable it is. ROFL..............

Much as I like my Jag I know not to play red light chicken with a 4 dr missile.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM

Are you ????? Im talking about actual 0-60 times not some number that Jag makes up. There is no talent involved in pushing a pedal to the floor, even you could do the same thing.

My modified X-Type WILL do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. That's not far from what the BMW 550i (auto) will do. 0-60 it's a fair race.

Your the one who is basing things off numbers, Im talking from actual experience.

Your not worth my time or I'd tell you exactly where you can stick it.

God let that tree fall on your ugly white (probably second hand) X-Type for a reason. Don't take it out on me guy, I actually take care of my X and park it in my garage but you probably can't afford a house with one of those so you got what you deserve.

I love the X-Type but yours is a far cry from being in good condition. Hope you can afford the deductable to get that fixed!

Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
one

You're quite a whiney little thing aren't ya?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:23 PM

Your the one whos whining about your stupid car when you got what you deserved.

Re-read the unecessary post you made and maybe you'd understand as to why I would get defensive. Your making attacks against me simply because your pisst off that a tree fell on your car. Get a life guy, your tone was completely condescending and unecessary.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:39 PM
one

Ehhhh my car? I don't even think you know what thread you are in. We're talking about you racing a GIRL in a car that would roast your tots off with a driver that isn't putting lip stick on while you paper race on the internet.

It doesn't matter either way, both cars as slow as molasses. You're probably the only person in the entire forum that doesn't know what I drive daily..... and it ain't this snow-mobile that was purchased for bad weather days. Racing an AWD N/A v-6 makes about as much sense as....... half of your posts.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 PM

Are you like 16 years old or what? Why does the fact that it was a girl matter against the fact that she pushed the pedal all the way to the floor and steered the car? As far as I'm concerned a monkey could pull that off.

No one else cares what you drive because this is an X-Type forum. They care about the X-Type which makes this post perfectly suitable.

I drive a lot of other cars too budy which happen to be a lot nicer (and faster) than my X-Type but I'm not about to go on about them in an X-Type forum.

This will be the last response you receive regardless of what childish comments you choose to leave.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:09 PM
one

Childish? LOL. Hello, pot? Yes, this is kettle......

You ran around the forum whining like a girl, going on to other threads and attacking in multiple threads all because I stated that the Xtype hasn't got a shot in heck against a 550 BMW.

Now is not the time to flip and change your act.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I see you two are still at it. Perhaps you both need a time-out. If you both don't have anything nice to say...you shouldn't.

Any more contributions that are on-topic?

Quick Reply: Almost denied a BMW 550i .........