Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Always falling X-Type values..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rrmmm5
Pete!
What do you mean you're your wife can't drive the X-Type? I assume you mean it's a manual?
Yeah its manual.. I tried to teach her on my old Mazda but she really has no interest in learning.

Selling my X would give me a chance to get another Jag, so that XJ I saw fit the bill. And anyway I still have my Mustang vert thats manual trans so I would be totally deprived.. PLUS I think the XJ is a nice large comfy car..

Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maydayny
funny, the last time I looked, my title said Jaguar and there was a kitty leaping from the hood.....seems REAL to me!!

mmmm oh ok, must be just my car then! because i see Ford all over it. Have you tried looking under your kitty leaping on your hood? its purrrriiiinnnngg FORD.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jonre
mmmm oh ok, must be just my car then! because i see Ford all over it. Have you tried looking under your kitty leaping on your hood? its purrrriiiinnnngg FORD.
In the same way ALL Acuras say Honda Motor Company, ALL Lexus say Toyota Motor Company on the engines? Maybe you're not aware that the around 18% common components the x type shares with the 2nd gen Mondeo ( another misconception is that it's based off of the Contuor sold in the US - this version never made it to the US) makes it more unique than many Audis, lexuses, acuras, infinities and cadillacs which are often straightforward rebadges....

Perhaps showing your ignorance isn't so smart after all. Luckily these forums are annonymous and hence one can be ignorant and smug at the same time

Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Perhaps a "Bosch X type" would be more fitting than Ford.

Newer Ferrari's have radio controls and some switchgear from the Fiat parts bin. I don't think anyone will accuse the 458 Italia of being a Fiat 500 knock off.

Global economy. Global parts sourcing. Heck even global assembly.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Perhaps a "Bosch X type" would be more fitting than Ford.

Newer Ferrari's have radio controls and some switchgear from the Fiat parts bin. I don't think anyone will accuse the 458 Italia of being a Fiat 500 knock off.

Global economy. Global parts sourcing. Heck even global assembly.

Thats my "CRITICAL" Point !!! so why is the older jaguars are made/parts are all/mostly jaguar? Because its a freken real made jaguar! the X & S are rubbish knock offs of Fords way of a Jaguar , Ive seen a trend online stating that the Jaguars X rear suspension fits under a contour and they have pictures of there swap, Hmmm Why?? because its a FORD car based of a contour with some tweeks here and there. The next time your at a mall with your X try and park next to a Ford contour and you will see a "little"similar action going on.I have a Xtype and i know this by asking a FORD Dealer Mechanic as my car does see them alot. yes its sad to say the truth isnt it!

sorry for the but some fools are a total miss informed on there cars.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by aluni2230
In the same way ALL Acuras say Honda Motor Company, ALL Lexus say Toyota Motor Company on the engines? Maybe you're not aware that the around 18% common components the x type shares with the 2nd gen Mondeo ( another misconception is that it's based off of the Contuor sold in the US - this version never made it to the US) makes it more unique than many Audis, lexuses, acuras, infinities and cadillacs which are often straightforward rebadges....

Perhaps showing your ignorance isn't so smart after all. Luckily these forums are annonymous and hence one can be ignorant and smug at the same time

lol, who made the mondeo????????????

Lexus and acura are high end toyotas and hondas, do you really think a Jaguar Xtype is a high end Ford, LOL!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:23 AM

lol, who made the mondeo????????????

Lexus and acura are high end toyotas and hondas, do you really think a Jaguar Xtype is a high end Ford, LOL!
Lexus ES IS a Camry, Acura TSX IS an Accord, Audi A4 is mostly a VW Passat, the A3 IS a golf and the list goes on...Sharing many more common components than an x type with a Mondeo. I don't believe Camry, Accord and Passats can be considered premium models.

Also, you're making the common mistake that the Ford Contour sold in the US is what the x type is based on. It is not. Ford did a complete redo of the Mondeo, which never made it to the US as a Contour that the x type shares components with. The total shared component is around 18%.

One mistake Jag made with the x type us that they didn't release a V8 4.2 L super charged version. They should have had more variants in the US like the A4 and 3 series and C class.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 AM

Thats my "CRITICAL" Point !!! so why is the older jaguars are made/parts are all/mostly jaguar? Because its a freken real made jaguar! the X & S are rubbish knock offs of Fords way of a Jaguar , Ive seen a trend online stating that the Jaguars X rear suspension fits under a contour and they have pictures of there swap, Hmmm Why?? because its a FORD car based of a contour with some tweeks here and there. The next time your at a mall with your X try and park next to a Ford contour and you will see a "little"similar action going on.I have a Xtype and i know this by asking a FORD Dealer Mechanic as my car does see them alot. yes its sad to say the truth isnt it!

the US Contour actually has no common mechanical parts with an x type. So if this is true, it was some re engineering it to fit. You could probably do it with other models as well.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM

Who cares? I got a 5 year old car with 60k miles, AWD, full leather, dual power heated seats, auto wipers, cruise control, 3 liter v6, wood grain, nice alloy wheels, (others have bluetooth, nav), sunroof, CDC, sweet style, suspension, and performance, and the list of niceties goes on...for under $10k.

Put a Studebaker badge on it for all I care...I like it, and it does a good job at doing what it's supposed to do. Search Craigslist for similar options / mileage / condition and see what happens. I'm well pleased with price / performance.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM

I've also seen pictures of a VW bug sitting on top of a 4X4...just because it fits doesn't mean they are the same!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rstallard

Put a Studebaker badge on it for all I care...I like it, and it does a good job at doing what it's supposed to do. Search Craigslist for similar options / mileage / condition and see what happens. I'm well pleased with price / performance.
We have a winner!

Well done.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by rstallard
Who cares? I got a 5 year old car with 60k miles, AWD, full leather, dual power heated seats, auto wipers, cruise control, 3 liter v6, wood grain, nice alloy wheels, (others have bluetooth, nav), sunroof, CDC, sweet style, suspension, and performance, and the list of niceties goes on...for under $10k.

I agree 100%. I travel in my job often and occasionally use a rental car. In the last couple weeks I drove a new Chevy Cobalt and a Toyota Corolla. Both cars performed just fine for what they are; competent, but very bland from a driving standpoint as well as appearance. Biggest thing was how both looked and felt so cheap inside . The Cobalt had manual mirrors, no electronic door locks and manual windows! Reason I bring that up is I looked up the price of those cars. They list for around $14K-$15K for a more base model. I bought my 2005 Sport about a year and a half ago with 42K miles and still under warranty. Full loaded with everything available other than nav and voice. I paid $14,400 for it. I just couldn't help but thinking once again the bang for the buck I got in buying the X was well worth the money. I love it!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM

I just love the smile it puts on my face when I hit the accelerator... 'nuff said..

Old 05-15-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rrmmm5
I just love the smile it puts on my face when I hit the accelerator... 'nuff said..
and you see a moped pass you on a fly! these cars has no power what are you talking about? my wifes impreza has more power then my X and its stock. I have a mina exhaust, K&N filter up graded to E plugs still slow.

you must of started off with a go-cart to say this car is fast!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:43 PM

the US Contour actually has no common mechanical parts with an x type. So if this is true, it was some re engineering it to fit. You could probably do it with other models as well.
funny, i just did a google search and what did i find out that i already know?

Old 05-15-2010, 06:45 PM

and you see a moped pass you on a fly! these cars has no power what are you talking about? my wifes impreza has more power then my X and its stock. I have a mina exhaust, K&N filter up graded to E plugs still slow.

you must of started off with a go-cart to say this car is fast!
First of all, if there is a car that feels like a go cart it IS an Impreza. Perhaps your wife drives a WRX. In any case when I bought my x type in 2007 it had more or same horse power and torque than the BMW 328xi and Mercedes C280 4 magic.

At this point you've pretty much proved yourself as an ignorant fool and I'll stop responding to your posts.

An impreza is an anti x type. Ugly as he'll, cheap metal, cheap interior and bone jarring unrefined ride. The WRX and STi added raw turbo power and even more bizarre styling... it's target demographic is 18 year old Asian men. Nothing wrong with that. But the x type doesn't play in that market.

Last edited by aluni2230; 05-15-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM

An impreza is an anti x type. Ugly as he'll, cheap metal, cheap interior and bone jarring unrefined ride. The WRX and STi added raw turbo power and even more buzzard styling... it's target demographic is 18 year old Asian men. Nothing wrong with that. But the x type doesn't play in that market.

very true on ugly but the x-type is just as ugly with a '90's style body! but the car is till faster then yours!, talk about cheap FORD metal!

Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM

funny, i just did a google search and what did i find out that i already know?
google search is not equal to fact. Did you not know that? Google just returns results. Some are true some are false. The belief that the x type is common to the US Contour is false. The mk1 mondeo and contour are the sane. The x type started with the mk2 mondeo. That version had no contour counterpart in the US.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:01 PM

google search is not equal to fact. Did you not know that? Google just returns results. Some are true some are false. The belief that the x type is common to the US Contour is false. The mk1 mondeo and contour are the sane. The x type started with the mk2 mondeo. That version had no contour counterpart in the US.

ok go ask a Jaguar Mechanic if you want a true story. also there's Google/Yahoo/aol/bing and tons more, are they all false? oh wait there's the men&women that works on the darn things , ask them!

what is a ford mondeo?? really what is it?? UK contour or US contour take your pick.

"" The Ford Mondeo is a large family car sold by the Ford Motor Company in various markets throughout the world. The name "Mondeo" derives from the Latin word mundus, meaning "world". The initial generation of the Mondeo was developed as a "world car", along with North American models marketed as the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

Jaguar X type is based from a Ford Contour ( mondeo ) ""

oh is from google, hehehehehhehheheeeee! truth be told !!!

Last edited by jonre; 05-15-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Veteran Member

What's up jonre? Why are you so down on the car now? You seemed interested in the car when you first showed up on the board but now you just trash it. Is this just for you entertainment value - starting arguements and such? You've made your point, can I respectfully request you move on?

Quick Reply: Always falling X-Type values..