Always falling X-Type values..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Chris, I think I smell a troll!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Sounds like maybe we can't decide "what" a real Jag is. Maybe it would be easier to get consensus on "who" is a real jag...............

Old 05-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonre
and you see a moped pass you on a fly! these cars has no power what are you talking about? my wifes impreza has more power then my X and its stock. I have a mina exhaust, K&N filter up graded to E plugs still slow.

you must of started off with a go-cart to say this car is fast!

You must have cheaped out then. I have the 3.0 L.

What'd you buy - the 2.0?

Old 05-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rrmmm5
You must have cheaped out then. I have the 3.0 L.

What'd you buy - the 2.0?

a 3.0L with a few performance parts.......the car is slow! probably a 4 banger honda is faster.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Chris X
What's up jonre? Why are you so down on the car now? You seemed interested in the car when you first showed up on the board but now you just trash it. Is this just for you entertainment value - starting arguements and such? You've made your point, can I respectfully request you move on?

oooohhh its really sad to tell the truth sometimes isn't it

Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002XK8Orlando
Chris, I think I smell a troll!
Well perhaps you are correct. I try to give everybody a chance to explain or make a good case for the point of view in contention, I guess he's not interested in doing that.

Perhaps the poor chap is suffering from "internet troll personality disorder".....very sad.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Well perhaps you are correct. I try to give everybody a chance to explain or make a good case for the point of view in contention, I guess he's not interested in doing that.

Perhaps the poor chap is suffering from "internet troll personality disorder".....very sad.

2 scared to tell the truth on your car? people come here for some advice , not to lye to them saying this is a great investment because you dont want to admit you have one of the poorly made entry level jaguar in the world, just remember i have one too and i admit to it, and would tell everyone around me not to buy one. Like i said over and over and over again TALK TO THE REAL JAGUAR TECH's they know the truth on this cars.

Ive already done my homework maybe u all should do yours!

IM NO TROLL, I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

Please do not come here to bother Jaguar owners, go to a different forum and do so.
I agree with them, you have posted negative stuff all over the x type forums. Go be a troll somewhere else.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Please do not come here to bother Jaguar owners, go to a different forum and do so.
I agree with them, you have posted negative stuff all over the x type forums. Go be a troll somewhere else.

Im an owner, of the truth !! it seems you are trolling all the posts right now are you?

Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM

I could say alot of things to you jonre but I won't - it's pointless. Sell your car if you haven't already and then just go away..

Old 05-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

2 scared to tell the truth on your car? people come here for some advice , not to lye to them saying this is a great investment because you dont want to admit you have one of the poorly made entry level jaguar in the world, just remember i have one too and i admit to it, and would tell everyone around me not to buy one. Like i said over and over and over again TALK TO THE REAL JAGUAR TECH's they know the truth on this cars.

Ive already done my homework maybe u all should do yours!

IM NO TROLL, I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS!
If you have already done your homework, why did you buy the car in the first place? I would have thought with all the Googling and Binging you do that you would would have found out all the negative things about the X and decided not to buy one. Just curious, what mad eyou like it so much at the time that you had to buy it?

Old 05-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,009 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  19.3 KB

This has been done to death I think

Jonre - we ALL know the good and bad points of our cars, be it the X type or otherwise!
I've checked more than a few of your posts and seen a lot of negativity about the brand in general / car in particular.
You are more than welcome here and free to post good and bad about your car, however, I think you'll agree that there are many different ways of saying the same thing!
Your method is very inflammatory to the board / members and can / will upset the balance if allowed to continue.
I'm not saying don't tell the truth, maybe think a little about how you word it?
As for Jaguar /Ford? Its well know that around 20% commonality of parts setup exists and its no secret, but its still a Jaguar. The same way as chimps share around 95% ( approx) DNA with humans, but, its the 5% that makes the difference!

I'm going to leave this thread open for the meantime.
Jonre, please think carefully before you post and remember you are part of a Jaguar forum. You will not win any friends here by constantly bashing the car or the brand

Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No one pay attention to him and he will go away..

1) My X has been uber reliable and runs excellent. I chalk that up to taking very good care of it.

2) The X is not ugly. It is a very nice looking care and I STILL get compliments from various people when I drive around.

3) Slow?? It might not perform like an S Type R but it wasnt built for that. It performs as asked every time and is better then a lot of cars on the road.

Sorry your soo bitter.. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by Cadillac; 05-18-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pete04xtype
No one pay attention to him and he will go away..

1) My X has been uber reliable and runs excellent. I chalk that up to taking very good care of it.

2) The X is not ugly. It is a very nice looking care and I STILL get compliments from various people when I drive around.

3) Slow?? It might not perform like an S Type R but it wasnt built for that. It performs as asked every time and is better then a lot of cars on the road.

Sorry your soo bitter.. I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.
My thoughts exactly. I am very happy with my 2004.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64

chimps share around 95% ( approx) DNA with humans, but, its the 5% that makes the difference!
Classic ;-)

Jim thats a great analogy. You also right that all this as been done to death before. What cracks me up though is the people one here that complain the most still bought an X then go on to tell us how the internet is full of how bad they are....
This thread having overtones of the old Toyota geeza's thread.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by JimC64
The same way as chimps share around 95% ( approx) DNA with humans, but, its the 5% that makes the difference!

JimC64 do you have the Discovery Channel up there? There was a 2hr. special last December showing we do not share any DNA with Chimps and the History Books has to be rewritten.

I think it was called "Before We Ruled the Earth"

sorry for the little off the topic here.

Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagstar
JimC64 do you have the Discovery Channel up there? There was a 2hr. special last December showing we do not share any DNA with Chimps and the History Books has to be rewritten.

I think it was called "Before We Ruled the Earth"

sorry for the little off the topic here.
The consensus is that the we are similar between 95% and 98.5%, depending upon the analysis being done. By the same analysis we (humans) have around 75% common DNA with worms and chicken! So, in a sense all life is related by some common elements....but it's the differences that define us!!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Im an owner, of the truth !! it seems you are trolling all the posts right now are you?
I had to jump in on this...First of all, you said that the X type (that you drive) is not a real Jaguar. Question: On the door tag please tell me the manufacture location.

Next: Please define what a real Jaguar is.

Third and last. Please list the parts that were made by Ford that used to be made by Jaguar that are contained in your car.... This last one I will sort of answer for you....
Car manufacturers for the most part stamp metal and assemble components. Some also go as far as molding some interior components. So, what do they actually do??? Well, they engineer and design components to go together. They then source those components (some from me BTW). Some suppliers actually assist in the design process (we do). So, when multiple brands are owned under one corporate name they will leverage their component sourcing and engineering resources. In the case of the X a Ford platform was re-engineered to become a Jaguar. Those who don't know think platform sharing and badge engineering are one in the same. Heck, you can't swap parts from an S to an XF yet the XF is a re-engineered S Type. Same with the new XJ. Actually one of the early masters of platform engineering is VW. They were able to vastly improve the NVH and performance of the VW line by taking from Audi. A classic example of that is the fact that the Phaeton; A8, and Bentley Continental all share DNA yet don't actually share many components.

So, before you jump on here and try to compare a Subaru (that was softly controlled by GM up until a couple of years ago) to a Jaguar please educate yourself on the industry before someone that actually works in it (me) comes around and paints you the fool!

Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by aluni2230
The consensus is that the we are similar between 95% and 98.5%, depending upon the analysis being done. By the same analysis we (humans) have around 75% common DNA with worms and chicken! So, in a sense all life is related by some common elements....but it's the differences that define us!!!!

the show also stated that we do not share, not even one drop of Chimp/Ape DNA and we where miss lead all these years.

i cant remember that shows name . I remember it was like couple hrs long and had to be shown in two different days.

( discovery channel )

Old 05-19-2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I had to jump in on this...First of all, you said that the X type (that you drive) is not a real Jaguar. Question: On the door tag please tell me the manufacture location.

Next: Please define what a real Jaguar is.

Third and last. Please list the parts that were made by Ford that used to be made by Jaguar that are contained in your car.... This last one I will sort of answer for you....
Car manufacturers for the most part stamp metal and assemble components. Some also go as far as molding some interior components. So, what do they actually do??? Well, they engineer and design components to go together. They then source those components (some from me BTW). Some suppliers actually assist in the design process (we do). So, when multiple brands are owned under one corporate name they will leverage their component sourcing and engineering resources. In the case of the X a Ford platform was re-engineered to become a Jaguar. Those who don't know think platform sharing and badge engineering are one in the same. Heck, you can't swap parts from an S to an XF yet the XF is a re-engineered S Type. Same with the new XJ. Actually one of the early masters of platform engineering is VW. They were able to vastly improve the NVH and performance of the VW line by taking from Audi. A classic example of that is the fact that the Phaeton; A8, and Bentley Continental all share DNA yet don't actually share many components.

So, before you jump on here and try to compare a Subaru (that was softly controlled by GM up until a couple of years ago) to a Jaguar please educate yourself on the industry before someone that actually works in it (me) comes around and paints you the fool!

what are you talking about? i just pulled my cabin filter and its stamped FORD.

Quick Reply: Always falling X-Type values..