Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Always falling X-Type values..

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagstar
what are you talking about? i just pulled my cabin filter and its stamped FORD.
And my buddies VW square back from 1976 had parts stamped with the Audi rings.....What is your point, did you miss the whole shared sourcing lesson???

Guess not.... Let me try to simplify.... Who cares who made the filter and what else it fits?? The PIA connectors under the hood are made by Tyco, the DCCV valve is made by Bosch, the Trans (on mine) by ZF.....

These things don't instantly make it "not a Jag".

Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.3 KB

Jeeesh....where the hell is this going?...lol

Josworth..you are 150% correct. Please let me give you an analogy...
I work in the construction industry in sales and have done for over 20 years, the last 2 working for myself.
The (OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer ) I worked for who sold asphalt plants, I sold spares parts for. Some 13 years later I worked for a Foundry ( pirate company - one who supplies essentially pirated copy parts ) ands suplied the EXACT same parts, from the EXACT same supplier that the OEM used, but was able to sell them at a reduced price.
Noe 20 years on I sell the EXACT same parts from the EXACT same suppliers to my customers at more competitive rates.
As most of them over the years had the initial arguement that these were NOT otiginal parts, they've since been told that in fact they are essentially. They are made from the original drawings and to the same spec....

Essentially a similar scenario and one that I know from perosnal experience is recreated thousands of times all over the world today!

Your Jag part and Ford part will be made by the same supplier, just branded differently in all likelihood....Its just the price that is different!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did I also mention it has auto-dimming mirror, auto wipers, heated windscreen (read AND front!), auto closing mirrors, courtesy / ambience light on the center console, locking glovebox, chrome, glorious chrome (for those of you into chrome), auto all up windows using key, one touch up/down windows, DSC, connoly leather (well until 2003 I think), airbags all over (front, curtain side, knee, rear seats!), hood that stays up without a metal pole, homelink, onboard diagnostics using the trip button while turning on, extendable arm rest, a place for 3 coins! (ok that's stupid), and the list goes on.

And the best part of all, it says "Jaguar" on it and has that great leaper on the hood.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rstallard
Did I also mention it has auto-dimming mirror, auto wipers, heated windscreen (read AND front!), auto closing mirrors, courtesy / ambience light on the center console, locking glovebox, chrome, glorious chrome (for those of you into chrome), auto all up windows using key, one touch up/down windows, DSC, connoly leather (well until 2003 I think), airbags all over (front, curtain side, knee, rear seats!), hood that stays up without a metal pole, homelink, onboard diagnostics using the trip button while turning on, extendable arm rest, a place for 3 coins! (ok that's stupid), and the list goes on.

And the best part of all, it says "Jaguar" on it and has that great leaper on the hood.

All of that sounds great but there is no jaguar under the leaper.! all those highend gizzmos stamps jaguars as said but no jaguar power horse? whats up with that!

1st - Engine is a 2.5 or 3.0L duratec found in lincolns/ S-types /modeo /contours and should be stamp in very large letters FORD squeezed into the tiny jaguar front end

2nd - that transmission you have matted to your duratec is made in japan, like another post i seen here stating what should i buy a Nissan Maxima or a Jaguar X-type ...... Well dont put down that maxima just yet that trans you have just might be made in the same plant as that maxima.

what a mix right

and for that 3 coin slots im wondering what countrycoins was it made for?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Jagstar, you either don't understand or don't wanna see some facts behind marque strategy .
There're many other brands sharing same trannies , engines with other models .
LT1 engines were used in GM's big body cars . Chevrolet Caprice / Impala, Buick Roadmaster, Cadillac Fleetwood / Fleetwood Brougham .
I don't even mention here two door coupes in GM
So, what's wrong with that ? Also, you know what Pagani Zonda uses Mercedes Benz V12 engine and when you open the trunk you can see MERCEDES BENZ Logos anywhere , so is PAgani rebadged AMG ?

What's wrong with Ford's engines ? Are they any crappy ? It makes sense Jag X Type shares same platform therfore can carry Ford engines . Otherwise do you think X Type would compete with German rivals in its class ? If Jaguar made a brand new platform for X Type then the price of the car would dramatically increase
X Types are positioned as the most affordable car in Jag history yet giving you very high level of comfort and luxury gadgets .
Audi R8 mainly uses Lambo Gallardo parts ,so is it a fake Audi ?
Aston Martin Vanquish shared many exterior and interior parts with Jag XK .So, Vanquish is a would-be an Aston with a fancy name on it ?
Rest assured the list can go on but I think that's enough
If you are not happy with your ride then drive something else

Last edited by Cadillac; 05-20-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  19.3 KB

Well, I think this thread has pretty much run its course and we now seem to be going round in circles, basically repeating ourselves
Also, I'm not 100% convinced on the motive behind the posting of this thread and the responses from some very new members.

Topic closed!