X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android 10 and Jaguar BT car telephone system

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 07:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Android 10 and Jaguar BT car telephone system

I am the owner of a Jaguar X-Type 2.2 TD from 2008 (model year 2009) with the Jaguar car telephone system. I am also the owner of Nokia 4.2 cell phone which I purchased with Android 9. It worked very well with the Jaguar car telephone system via Bluetooth, until the phone was automatically upgraded to Android 10 in April this year. The phone still pairs with the car telephone system via Bluetooth, but it is no longer possible to make or receive a call or download the phone book into the car telephone system. Everything worked well in Android 9. The problem is discussed here:

https://support.google.com/android/t...45722360?hl=en

Much more can be found about the issue by googling a little. I have tried a great number of remedies suggested on the web and have also had a long e-mail exchange with Nokia's support, but nothing helps. To me it looks like a bug in Android 10 (or possibly Nokia’s adaptation of it). And I miss this feature so much...

Is there anyone out there who has been able to use the Jaguar car telephone system via Bluetooth with an Android 10 telephone? Is there any known solutions or workarounds?

Old 08-27-2020, 04:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have now received a reply from Jaguar support that the Jaguar X-Type car telephone system is not compatible with the Android 10 Bluetooth implementation. That's it.

Old 08-27-2020, 12:06 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik Persson
Is there any known solutions or workarounds?
Super easy [and cheap] to drop a new stereo in the existing stereo's place that'll support your phone for years to come. You don't need anything fancy, just a plain single DIN stereo. It connects to your steering wheel controls, same as before, and works the same way. Or you could just drop a separate Bluetooth receiver in there that connects to the existing speaker system but this is not as simple cuz connecting the BT to the phone control on the steering wheel might be difficult.

Good luck!