X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best decision ever!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Either way, a first forum post being in this thread and saying what he said is kind of an odd way to go about it I agree.
Nothing odd about it, it's a setup. Either a poster from above using a new screen name (usually against forum rules) or one of his friends. In other words, if you can't beat them with facts, dazzle them with quantity... Just like the MSM (main stream media).

Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You know, you can`t even buy a Saab in Canada right now.....

Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True True

Originally Posted by benebob
Wow and all I came up with was. Nice Cobalt! I'm hoping Saab does turn around their past 20 years of crap but honestly, I see them going the way of TVR with the current leadership. Talking about a joint venture with BMW? Expanding their line up to 4 platforms, etc.

Having seen the side inpact, it is a whole lot better than 2/3rds of the cars out there for 2001-2002 when the car was first sold. Might want to take a look at the 9-3 side impact from that time. Then for giggles the side impact of the 9-3 convertible.
This is True, the older Saab's were terrible, especially the convertible! The Said crash tests were in 2004-05, New models, the 01-02 models may have been worse, I had read the safety cages were strengthened and the airbags enlarged on the newer X types. The X type's were at the bottom of the category for their class and price range in crash test performance is all I meant. Even the galant was safer than the jag! And yes I never joined ya'lls forums till now for my younger brother wanted to buy an X type and I wanted to discourage him, so I hopped on this forum to read about everyone's opinions other than my own! And left mine as well! He ended up buying an Is300!

I've had Acura Legend's-An Audi a4, a6, a M45, a previa minivan, an Isuzu Axiom, The X type, and now I drive an 04 A8L and the 03 M45 and X type were one of my Fav's so i'm not knocking on Jag's, just that they were not as safe as most may think, for the time! At 24 i'm not at the end of my Jag career and want to purchase a 07' Xk8 in the next year or so, as they are dirt cheap now! And beautiful! Cheers All!!

Old 02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
ud
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SAABSALOT
This is True, the older Saab's were terrible, especially the convertible! The Said crash tests were in 2004-05, New models, the 01-02 models may have been worse, I had read the safety cages were strengthened and the airbags enlarged on the newer X types. The X type's were at the bottom of the category for their class and price range in crash test performance is all I meant. Even the galant was safer than the jag! And yes I never joined ya'lls forums till now for my younger brother wanted to buy an X type and I wanted to discourage him, so I hopped on this forum to read about everyone's opinions other than my own! And left mine as well! He ended up buying an Is300!

I've had Acura Legend's-An Audi a4, a6, a M45, a previa minivan, an Isuzu Axiom, The X type, and now I drive an 04 A8L and the 03 M45 and X type were one of my Fav's so i'm not knocking on Jag's, just that they were not as safe as most may think, for the time! At 24 i'm not at the end of my Jag career and want to purchase a 07' Xk8 in the next year or so, as they are dirt cheap now! And beautiful! Cheers All!!
Here's an example of how horrible the X type is. Newsflash! The car was designed in 2000ish and is comparable to cars of the same era. It is just as safe as a BMW according to the Insurance Inst. which goes by stats for setting its insurance rates. Sorry only the 04s go back online.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2004/...ngs/index.html

No Audi rating was available but the last redesign was 99 and it was not real good at that point. Jaguar is very close in these static tests but beats all 3 of the competition in real world stats. The X type has the lowest death rate per mile driven when compared to the above competition. Personally I trust in the only stat which takes everything into account and keeps you above ground. Suprisingly enough though the Cobalt wanna be did beat the Jag in one catagory. It has a lower resale value!

Interestingly enough since you like panning the X type. I'll pan both of your lux death traps which both have a higher death rate then the antique X308 platform which dates back to around your middle school days but really much earlier for a good portion of the platform design. Then again, the death rate does take into account the idiot who sits behind the wheel. I guess that puts you in some stellar company of wonderful drivers or death traps.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by benebob
Here's an example of how horrible the X type is. Newsflash! The car was designed in 2000ish and is comparable to cars of the same era. It is just as safe as a BMW according to the Insurance Inst. which goes by stats for setting its insurance rates. Sorry only the 04s go back online.

No Audi rating was available but the last redesign was 99 and it was not real good at that point. Jaguar is very close in these static tests but beats all 3 of the competition in real world stats. The X type has the lowest death rate per mile driven when compared to the above competition. Personally I trust in the only stat which takes everything into account and keeps you above ground. Suprisingly enough though the Cobalt wanna be did beat the Jag in one catagory. It has a lower resale value!

Interestingly enough since you like panning the X type. I'll pan both of your lux death traps which both have a higher death rate then the antique X308 platform which dates back to around your middle school days but really much earlier for a good portion of the platform design. Then again, the death rate does take into account the idiot who sits behind the wheel. I guess that puts you in some stellar company of wonderful drivers or death traps.
Like you said the idiot that sits behind the wheel! Jaguar drivers are 10-1 more likely to drive sanely, well not maybe the people on this board, but generally speaking, so the death rate is biased. Plus those numbers were related to the NHTSA, in which their tests are 5 mph slower on the frontal impact- and they are head on! Not real world! As compared to the IIHS which is 40mph frontal and not head on! Simulating a real world, more likely frontal impact...
My post's were referencing the IIHS crash and the side impact crash more specifically. I did not dispute whether the frontal impact was acceptable. The IIHS side impact tests are 30 mph and with a smaller more "realistic" dummy, not a large male dummy- also the impact apparatus is a higher more "realistic" object, like an suv or crossover, more like a new CRV or something...
Also I am not familiar with that specific rating system that you referenced, and why is there is rating up to thirteen stars ( which the BMW received, based on stars alone the jaguar was dead last!!)? The jaguar ratings for the frontal occupant on the motor-trend site for the Thoracic Trauma, and pelvis deceleration are a "lower number" than the bmw, but the saab doesn't have numbers and recieves more stars all around the board, as does the bmw. Those numbers don't even suggest that lower is better. I'm surprised that you based that rant to me off those statistics, and those alone, lol Plus a New A4 debuted in 2002, and is directly comparable to the X type of 04, and it exceeds it, safety wise! so I don't know where you got this 99' business.
For someone who bases their opinions of "real world" tests the NHTSA is archaic and unrealistic compared to the IIHS tests, Which is run by the insurance company's of course, and I would think that they base their safety ratings, on the facility they spend millions of dollars a year to operate! Lol

Old 02-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JagMaster
First of all calling a Jag bitch is not nice, actually calling a car bitch that carries your *** from a to b is not nice at all, we see that you had a bunch of problems with your X type but the X type you had was a ford mondeo (Ford CDW27 platform) with a jaguar leaper on it. I have even seen X types that were made in Taiwan,so it sure is not the best jag, but anyway we all knew Jags were not the most reliable cars when we bought our cars, a Jag is like a real cat, it needs your attention all the time, a Jag can not be a Lexus or a Mercedes, it has a soul. Anyway you said you won't be fooled again, and yet you ended up buying a Jeep.
the x type, s type, XF and the new XJ all are bases on Ford platforms to an extent. The x type shared around 18% common components with the Mondeo. You can check the facts on the web. Almost all the major components are jag engineered. It's a common misconception that the Mondeo and x type are the same. Just as many in the US believe the Mondeo platform that the x type uses is the same as the Contour in the US. Totally different.

I believe I posted the history of the x type on this formum. Check it out...or just check out wiki. You owe it to yourself to at least know the facts.

Basically comes down to sloppy journalism. It was repeated too many times....

I've owned entry level lux cars from the Acura TL, the Mercedes C 280 4 Matic to an X Type. The x type easily holds it's own.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SAABSALOT
Good thing you sold your X-type- I used to have a 2004 X-Type, loved it- Had a slew of problems, and got rid of it- Years later I watched the crash testing on the X-types on you tube, Side Impact testing for the x type is terrible, Total fail, probable death at 40 mph, so glad I got a Saab 9-3! Check out the Dateline video on YouTube!!!!
Personally I find Saabs extremely unattractive inside and out. May be they have a great personality. But I like my cars to be aesthetically pleasing. Of course aesthetics is personal...

I've had a new x type since 2007, wife just traded in a 2007 C280 for a new XF last year. Never bought a used car yet, but I am contemplating one for my next one in a year or so - used XJR or Panamera. Let's see

Love my x though. Best overall car I've owned so far. Like someone said...it has a soul. That's why I am on a jag forum

Old 02-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Hey , don't buy panarema , it's like genital wart lol .
Seriously though interior is nice but outside is ugly .

Last edited by Cadillac; 02-24-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Going on 4 years and the only thing they replaced right when I bought it (certified) was the oil pan -becuase it had a little dent. So dealer had to pay because I just had bought the vehicle from them. 2003 X-Type. Not a problem since - knock on wood.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.3 KB

So many stepping up with their stories of their Jags good & bad....cool

I honestly have to admit to wondering about Saabsalot's intentions on joining here though.......3 posts, all negative about the brand?
Obviously just trying to get a rise guys and not worth taking the bait!

Old 02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Flaming Trolling Sock Puppets

I love my '03 X with 56,000 miles on the clock - I've had it for 2 years and put 20,000+ miles on it with no problems, and I'm looking forward to lots more of the same (while knocking on genuine wood dashboard!)

I've had Hondas that were lemony, Mazdas, Mitsubishis, Jeeps, Chevys, Toyotas and Oldsnowmobiles too - and others of the same makes that were great. Every car and its history is different, and I'm sure there are some lemony X's out there too.

But seriously, don't you have something better to do than joining forums about things you don't like - and returning repeatedly to rage at fans from behind the safety of your keyboard? Good luck with your Jeeps and Saabs, and leave us alone before we all decide to troll on in to your forums.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 34

No need to troll "other" sites Meatbag and it would be frowned upon here anyway!
We're not that kind of people basically.

While open / frank debate either good or bad about the brand we love is welcomed here by any member who seems to have an interest in Jags, possibly even owns one?
Repeated negative comments by a non owner in every single post is an obvious sign and wouldn't be tolerated on most sites, and won't here either.

As stated, further posts going down this line by such members will be treated as such and said members will be removed from the site for the good of the forum.

The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (02-26-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JimC64

No need to troll "other" sites Meatbag and it would be frowned upon here anyway!
We're not that kind of people basically.

While open / frank debate either good or bad about the brand we love is welcomed here by any member who seems to have an interest in Jags, possibly even owns one?
Repeated negative comments by a non owner in every single post is an obvious sign and wouldn't be tolerated on most sites, and won't here either.

As stated, further posts going down this line by such members will be treated as such and said members will be removed from the site for the good of the forum.
Lol, actually if you read my posts the only thing negative I had to say was about side impact crashes, I wrote that i liked my X type, and I did. But when the validity of my statements was questioned I defended myself. Meatbag lol Quite Harsh words there bro- Cheers!

Old 02-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 26

Thread closed