X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way (and products U.K) to wash a Jaguar X-Type 51 plate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way (and products U.K) to wash a Jaguar X-Type 51 plate?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and currently a proud new owner of a 2001 X-Type Jaguar.

My concern is outlined with keeping it properly cleaned and detailed, in order to maintain its overall immaculate look.

I have honestly never hand washed a car, ever, in all my life (42), hence have always been following the sheep and going to a car wash, now owning my first ever Jaguar car (from one owner), I want to keep it immaculate, and wish to learn the way of the manual wash.

What would be the best products to use, and to clean the car with? (based on both cleaning liquids, and the equipment required), I have a karcher K4 power washer, so I need not worry, its just the rest, I have seen a lot of videos about cleaning cars online, but I am entirely confused about this all, am I thinking too much, or too little, thus, why I have come here, to you beautiful Jaguar owners whom know all kinds about this topic.

I am from the U.K. and am not really fussed about the price of the product(s), but so long as they last me a long time, and help aid in keeping my Jaguar alive for another 2 decades, I would truly appreciate any help possible, I know that I am new to this, but I am willing to pick up on cleaning and maintaining my car, even though I am kind of old in this stage of life .

Cheers

Steve

Old 07-16-2022, 01:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 761 Likes on 678 Posts

https://blog.terrysjag.com/classic-j...er-care-guide/

In-between washes I really like ONR (the green one with wax). They also make a blue one without wax.
wiping off = one direction only (not circular), 1 micro fiber to remove spray and dirt, 1 heavy (furry) microfiber to dry and smooth.It’s convenient to be able to carry around a spray bottle (I use a small garden sprayer)

and apply the product as you go, rather than going back to your wash buckets. I use 1 oz (coincidentally the cap size per 32 oz of water).

When using this technique, you effectively create your own waterless wash product. This will allow you to wash your car wherever and whenever you want.
  • 1x Spray Bottle
  • 15+ Microfiber towels
  • Optimum No Rinse Product
To perform this method, all you need to do is dilute the ONR product using water into a general-purpose spray bottle.

I would suggest using a dilution ratio in the range of 1:10 – 1:16 to make a quick detailer or waterless wash type product.

Once you’ve done that, all you need to do, one panel at a time, is:
  1. Spray Diluted ONR Solution onto the dirty panel
  2. Let the solution dwell for 10-30 seconds
  3. Wipe the product off using a clean towel
  4. Repeat this process until you have a clean vehicle
Interior =

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-seats-206745/

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 07-16-2022 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-16-2022, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 543 Likes on 355 Posts

Go to Halfords, then take your time deciding what from their huge range of Meguiars products will suit your needs and pocket or visit Meguiars website and do the same.

Meguiars do lots of videos on You Tube, but if you're unsure, don't worry too much! You're most unlikely to do any damage using their products in accordance with the instructions