Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Cat
My sat nav problems now sorted.

To all people posting here, let me reiterate the earlier advice. THERE IS NO SEPARATE SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE UPDATE. The software or firmware is contained with the Jaguar map dvd. This firmware gives the screen its instructions. If you have blank screen follow these instructions:

1) Try and ensure you have a verified original dvd disc. Although mine was bought back to life by a non original. The year is not relevant at this time.

2) Ignition on. Load disc. Off ignition. Start car. If the screen is still blank after 10 minutes and ext 50/51 is displayed, there is an interupt between the screen and boot dvd player. This is more than likely a faulty dvd player. The disc player is unable to read and thus cannot load the relevant software/firmware, to enable the screen, air con, etc to function.

My system was bought back by replacing the boot mounted dvd player. As soon as I replaced this the system was back up within 10 minutes.

If your system is working ie screen, air con etc, but your nav system does not (commonly displayed 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' ) then whatever you do, DO NOT go into sub menus and try and complete a system update. The notice 'the disc installed is not a map dvd' is more than likely a faulty dvd player, ie it cannot read the disc. The firmware to run screen etc is already embedded so screen continue to function, but by attempting an update under these conditions wipes the firmware, ready for the new firmware on the dvd disc, however it cannot read the disc, thus blank screen.

It is a robust sysyem just follow these instruction and save yourself an awful lot of trouble. Having no air con in 30 degrees is not fun !

Mods can you close this thread, as I and others are being mislead (although with good intentions) and waiting for this mythical software which doesn't exist. Its all contained on jaguar Map DVD.
Big Cat, I have to disagree with you that those directions are the ONLY way to fix the blank screen that doesn't have a faulty dvd player or break somewhere. I would say there has to be some other easy fix even if you're correct that it's not a software issue and you're also correct, this thread has run it's course.

I posted this (see above):
I took mine to the dealer Friday. He disconnected the battery over the weekend (he was told overnight by Jaguar). He called me by 8:00 a.m. this morning that it was fixed. They put in the update. Plaza Jaguar here in St. Louis. $149.00 total. I was pretty happy. They did think that buying the new disc for $199 would do the same thing but I didn't really want to gamble that much for a maybe. I am satisfied but just hope it lasts.

BTW, I never mentioned that they gave me a free rental car (big Toyota SUV) for the weekend while the car was there being repaired.

Now whether the "update" came from my dvd which he said it didn't is another story but I tried your directions above with no luck at all.

Last edited by RickMG; 08-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disc

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
Do the hard reset first as Genius said. If you go to software update and shut off the vehicle prior to it finishing, it can fry the nav reader. But I think that is only when you are acutally updating with the disc in it.
Try hard reset, then let us know. You may need the software disc.
Would you possibly be able to send the software and navigation file to me?

If so, topgearmn@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dave

Old 08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Smile Kwi dvd

Originally Posted by Robyn Morris-White
I re-burned it using PowerISO free download software as SolidX suggested in an earlier post at the 2.4x write speed. Put the DVD-R DL in and immediately turned off the ignition. When I turned it back on, I only did one click of the key in "accessory" mode and wall-ah! It is all working now!

Robyn
Hi Robyn, I have the same problem as you had. How do I find the KWI dvd or where do I find the program so I can burn a dvd? any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,
Thomas Summer

Old 08-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickMG
Big Cat, I have to disagree with you that those directions are the ONLY way to fix the blank screen that doesn't have a faulty dvd player or break somewhere. I would say there has to be some other easy fix even if you're correct that it's not a software issue and you're also correct, this thread has run it's course.

I posted this (see above):
I took mine to the dealer Friday. He disconnected the battery over the weekend (he was told overnight by Jaguar). He called me by 8:00 a.m. this morning that it was fixed. They put in the update. Plaza Jaguar here in St. Louis. $149.00 total. I was pretty happy. They did think that buying the new disc for $199 would do the same thing but I didn't really want to gamble that much for a maybe. I am satisfied but just hope it lasts.

BTW, I never mentioned that they gave me a free rental car (big Toyota SUV) for the weekend while the car was there being repaired.

Now whether the "update" came from my dvd which he said it didn't is another story but I tried your directions above with no luck at all.
The ext 50/51 blank screen, is a comms problem between screen and boot dvd player. Screen can be tested by pressing and holding telephone and mute for longer than 5 seconds. If screen functions then its dvd player, bad disc, blown fuse or wire error. I standby what I said, thread should be closed, people are posting for the software (as above) and they already have it. Load a map dvd in a computer and explore, and the file being mentioned is loading.kwi, its on the dvd !

Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Default Blank nav screen flashing 50,51

Hi FJT, I have a 2002 X type nav is flashing 50 & 51. I have the factory nav map. My question is dose the factory nav map have the s/w built in or do I need you to send me the s/w update that I can burn? I understand the process is to disconnect the battery overnight and with the factory map dvd out of the reader. The next day start the car install the dvd back into the reader leave car running and hopefully after 10 minutes the system will reboot itself????? Please let me know if this is the correct way.
Thank You,
Thomas

Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 PM

Does anyone have an info about the PIN entry screen? To my understanding if you hold Phone+Menu for five seconds it would bring up a PIN entry keypad. Unfortunately mine doesn't do anything. I was hoping that I could get some info out of the 917 menu.

Is the pin entry controlled by the DVD reader by chance? I am still having issues sorting out my nav/climate control 50 51 error and I am wondering if this new development is indicative of a bad reader.

*edit* The screen diagnostic(nav+temp up, nav+temp up, audio, audio, audio) works fine so the screen is still in working order.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by JamesDM
Does anyone have an info about the PIN entry screen? To my understanding if you hold Phone+Menu for five seconds it would bring up a PIN entry keypad. Unfortunately mine doesn't do anything. I was hoping that I could get some info out of the 917 menu.

Is the pin entry controlled by the DVD reader by chance? I am still having issues sorting out my nav/climate control 50 51 error and I am wondering if this new development is indicative of a bad reader.

*edit* The screen diagnostic(nav+temp up, nav+temp up, audio, audio, audio) works fine so the screen is still in working order.

Try 1917 code. The functions are controlled by the firmware. Therefore if you have a 50/51 error it is more than likely some functions will fail to operate. 95% you have a failed dvd reader. Mine was doing the same, recoverd in 10 minutes when dvd reader in boot was replaced.

Old 08-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Default Gps navigation dvd rom drive for 2002 x type

My question is do you have to exchange your bad dvd rom drive with the exact same number one? For example on my label under jaguar is number 1x43 10e887 ae. Anotherwords, do i have to exchange one that has this exact number or can i exchange one with the numbers 2r83 10e887 au which says it will work in a 2002 x type like i have? My second question is, if you can exchange it for another numbered one do you need the jaguar dvd map disk that whent with that unit or can i use the dvd map disk that i have for my originel unit?

Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 PM

Good evening!

My name is Sebastian and i drive an Jaguar X- Type 2.5 V6 with a Denso Navi System from 2002.

Sorry for exhuming this old thread. But i have the same problem with the blanc screen, error codes 50/51 and the heating defroster.

First i tried to burn DVD´s with the 2011/2012 westeurope map (i thought there is an software update include).

After this failed at the second way i burned an image with an softwareupdate 4.40.

Both DVD´s did not work.

So i want to ask here, if anybode has the file which was shared in this thread.

It would be very fine if you can send me the file by mail: Underground400@public-files.de

I dont know if other software in the internet work fine. This file here was
tested by many users in a positiv way.

Thank you so much.

Best regards.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 AM

i have the same probem (denso) on jaguar x-type 2001. Black screen and the buttons dont work, please send me that file to burn it. y.hadzhiev@gmail.com THANKS!

Old 08-11-2013, 04:14 PM

Currently i have burned a Verbatim DVD +R DL with the Map 2011/2012. This includes a Loading.KWI file.
Also i have burned the software update 4.40 and at last i made a DVD -R with only the Loading.KWI file from the Map 2011/ 2012 DVD.

Now i have to test this ones if they work at the next week.

But if anybody has this file here in the thread it would be nice to use this one.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:41 AM

Hello,

can somebody help us?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:50 AM

I also got this 50/51 issue with a blank screen and activated defrost cause I accidently tried to update the Software by a not original DVD. I could fix this issue with buying a newer DVD than mine. I had the 2001/2002 DVD and bought a used 2004/2005 DVD for 10 €, after inserting i waited 10 minutes and everything was fixed. Its important that you use a newer DVD than the old one, otherwise the automatic update will not start. In most cases you dont need to replace the DVD unit, of course this will fix the problem too but makes no sense. Also the system menu (tel + menu button) will not work until the software issue is fixed.

Good Luck Daniel

The following users liked this post:
Luca Italy (03-07-2024)
Old 08-16-2013, 12:13 PM

FJTech. I had the same problem as solidx. I was wondering if I could also get the file emailed to me so I could burn it to a disc. I accidentally pressed the s/w update button and turned off the Jag. It would be great if you could write me back. Thanks!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by solidx
check your email !
Solidx, can I also get the file please? moejamileh@gmail.com thank you!

Old 08-17-2013, 05:37 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We seem to be going round in circles. The Denso system is robust and apart from hitting it with a hammer it is impossible to damage it by loading software.
Most of the problems catalogued in this thread come from abortive attempts to load new mapping information.
The most common fault is to switch off the ignition before the loading has completed, this will freeze the system and remove control from all the smart buttons in the binnacle surrounding the screen, the blower will come on full blast and the fault signals 51/52 will flash in the heater display, this is not a terminal fault and easily remedied.
The mapping disc also carries all the software updates for the operating systems between the screen and the hardware in the boot.
Once you have tried to load new mapping and aborted the operation you cannot go back to the original mapping disc as the system has moved on.

What you must do is is this:
1 switch on the ignition and remove the disc.

2 start the engine ( to keep the battery charged through the loading process ) insert the new disc allow it to load until the black and white leaper appears on the screen, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Under no circumstances switch off the ignition until the disc has finished loading.

This will work in 99.9% of cases, as I have already stated, panic is the main cause of this problem DO NOT SWITCH OFF THE IGNITION UNTIL THE DISC HAS LOADED.

Luca Italy (03-07-2024)
Old 08-17-2013, 06:15 PM

Yes i understand what i have to do.

But: i dont want buy a new map disc for 200€. Its easier to burn the firmware file.

First i have to try my burned DVD´s, if i have time.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am sorry maybe I have not made myself clear.
When you update the mapping information the new disc carries all the updates for the system as a whole.
If you abort the update by switching off the ignition before it has finished loading, you must go back to stage1 of the loading procedure with your latest disc as you can no longer use your original disc.
So using your newest disc go through the loading procedure and this should clear all the programme faults.
Once you have updated the operating system you can then use your original disc or your new disc for mapping.
As I keep saying all your faults come from following the wrong loading procedure but this will not damage the hardware or the the disc, all you need to do is go back to the beginning and reload correctly, it takes minutes only and involves no additional expense.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:12 AM

HAHAAAAA, it works!

What i have done:

I loaded the Jaguar X-Type Westeurope DVD 2011/2012
Burned it on a Verbatim DVD +R Double Layer with ImageBurn and Booktype set on "DVD Normal".

At the following i removed the original Map DVD from the Navicomputer and put the ignition off.
After this i start the ingnition again, insert the burned DVD and 3 minutes later the system powers on and all works!

Luca Italy (03-07-2024)
Old 11-07-2013, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
PM me your email address. I will send you a file. You need to burn it to DVD-R loose then start car, remove map dvd and insert the one you burned. Screen should say updating. If it doesnt, just let it run for 1o minutes, then cycle ignition. I hope it works. If not you likely need DVD reader.
I have just come across this exact problem today. Can i please have some help and have this s/w update file sent to kevinmuir88@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen