Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 05:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twinstacks
Hey Alex

Did you do anything to make the screen go blank like press update in the secret menu. Usually when it goes dead for no apparent reason its usually the dvd player that dies and with it all touch screen and heater controls with fan going to full pelt. A few things to check. Firstly get someone to switch ignition on when you have your ear to the dvd player and listen to hear if it is doing anything at all. If nothing is heard then check the fuses to the touch screen and dvd player not with your eye but use a continuity meter if you have one on the fuses you remove to check them. If all checks out then suspect the dvd player. You say you can't remove disc which is a pity cause if you could take the disc to your pc and have a look at the files on the dvd and see if there is a .KWI file there as that's the software to work the touch screen. There are other checks but these are the basic ones. Hope this helps
Thx mate!

Didn't do anything to the screen or any sort of update attempt and yep the fan is on permanently (not sure it's full pelt but...) . I did check the 10a fuse for the DVD and it was a-ok. I'll check what's on the DVD (doesn't look super scratched) in the am as well.

I couldn't hear anything from the DVD player and the checked the connections... The only way I can get the DVD itself out of the unit is by taking it apart manually.

I ordered up another DVD player for the trunk for a couple of hundred bucks and hoping that's it... I wasn't sure if/how common that was in terms of happening.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It seems the dvd player is indeed dead but usually you can get the disc out which makes me think it's a power issue with it. keeps us posted please.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:20 AM

It seems the dvd player is indeed dead but usually you can get the disc out which makes me think it's a power issue with it. keeps us posted please.
Hmm so you're saying when the DVD player is physically dead you can still get the DVD out eh?

Old 08-18-2015, 12:06 PM

No if there was absolutely no power getting to DVD player then you won't get the disc out that's what makes me think it's a power issue. When they go bad due to internal failings most times the disc will eject ok. That's what I meant by a power issue.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:09 PM

No if there was absolutely no power getting to DVD player then you won't get the disc out that's what makes me think it's a power issue. When they go bad due to internal failings most times the disc will eject ok. That's what I meant by a power issue.
OK understood... Have seen some people that have said that the unit didn't get power and couldn't eject the DVD so I'm hoping it's just a replacement unit. Not sure what else to try since the 10amp fuse checks out etc...

Old 08-19-2015, 12:37 PM

Got a replacement DVD unit/player so let's see what happens....

Old 08-19-2015, 04:57 PM

Well folks just as reference and to help anyone else out... it turned out my DVD player was non functioning. Couldn't get the DVD in/out. Bought a used replacement DVD player, it came alive, slotted in the DVD and the NAV screen fired right up. Case closed

Anyways for those of you out there with a DVD player and DVD that's stuck (won't come in or out and/or spin) this does/can happen....

Now that everything is back to working again just wondering if I should tempt fate and/or order/update the NAV software and if so with which one? What are people using? And where should I buy it?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:31 AM
Default Software disc

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
Do the hard reset first as Genius said. If you go to software update and shut off the vehicle prior to it finishing, it can fry the nav reader. But I think that is only when you are acutally updating with the disc in it.
Try hard reset, then let us know. You may need the software disc.
Can you help i have the same problem i belive it needs rebooting as its saying ext 50 51 where would i source a sofware disc also i need a genuine jag disc as well. Here is hoping

Old 09-18-2015, 04:33 AM
Default Dvd player

Originally Posted by alex ross
Well folks just as reference and to help anyone else out... it turned out my DVD player was non functioning. Couldn't get the DVD in/out. Bought a used replacement DVD player, it came alive, slotted in the DVD and the NAV screen fired right up. Case closed

Anyways for those of you out there with a DVD player and DVD that's stuck (won't come in or out and/or spin) this does/can happen....

Now that everything is back to working again just wondering if I should tempt fate and/or order/update the NAV software and if so with which one? What are people using? And where should I buy it?
Hi Alex where did you get the dvd player from jag are quoting me £2000

John

Old 09-18-2015, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Budgie123
Can you help i have the same problem i belive it needs rebooting as its saying ext 50 51 where would i source a sofware disc also i need a genuine jag disc as well. Here is hoping
If it is flashing 50/51 then it has lost communication with the dvd player in the boot. This can be caused by the dvd player being faulty or doing an update with the incorrect disc inserted but most of the time it is caused by a faulty dvd player.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:30 AM
Default help me~!

Hi, I got the black screen after pushing the UPDATE S/W.
can somebody please me as well the s/w for my X Type 2009 please. My email is enigma80@naver.com

Thank you so much!

Old 09-24-2015, 01:16 PM
Default Rebbot

Originally Posted by Jong ho Baeg
Hi, I got the black screen after pushing the UPDATE S/W.
can somebody please me as well the s/w for my X Type 2009 please. My email is enigma80@naver.com

Thank you so much!
Ok the way I got mine up and running again was to do a hard reset, Disconect the battery then when you put it back on turn on the ignition and put in a orginal disc hopefully it will read the Kiwi file and rebbot it.

Old 10-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Default Same problem but nothing has worked. Please help

Hi we have the same problem with blank screen and we where told it was the unit in boot so bought a new one! It didn't work so we bought a knew display touch screen and still dosnt work!
We ha e tried everything!
Getting codes 75, c1,50 & 51

Our dvd rom loader in the boot got a new one and it's won't even take the discs in or out!!

Need help as we keep throwing money at this and no fix!!!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Default Where is that fuse? We checked all our fuses and seem to be fine!

We also bought a new dad rom in boot as was told it wa it! Still not working and the DVDs rom dosnt take CDs in or out!! So we bought a new nav touch screen still not working!! Now we don't know what else to do!!
Originally Posted by Emerald Fire
I had this same problem. I took the X-Type to my local mechanic. He hooked up his diagnostic computer and after checking several codes, at length came to the conclusion that it was fuse #44, the Navigation system ECU, CD player, ICE head unit. Popped in a new one and up came the Jaguar leaper on the screen. Everything working. I was lucky - I hope this simple fix will solve your problem.

I bought my Sportwagon secondhand and it did not come with a navigation disc, nor have I purchased one. Everything else on the screen functions just fine.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:51 PM

Hi, I am having the same issue as you and we bought a new eve rom but same thing won't take the disk or insert!
Even bought a new touch screen also and still nothing! We are at our wits end!! Need help!!
Originally Posted by alex ross

Old 10-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Unhappy Did not solve anything

I purchase new monitor, too. We also and put them into the rom dvd, but have no reaction.
A new monitor also no response.
Still shows the Air Code in the 50, 51.
Fuse and there's nothing wrong but were also OK
Dvd wiring also confirmed that there was nothing wrong.
I tries to buy players now, genuine dvd and cd
Not heard the answer and no services or South Korea place where I live or South Korea in that I want the answer is incapable of Listening. So, with the player dvd cd try to buy.
Is it so that part I made a mistake?
Someone told me the correct answer we can appreciate it if you could tell me the ..

Old 10-06-2015, 09:31 AM

High budgie
I am due to this problem made purchases until the new monitor.
You need time to change the new monitor to error code to think of the swap, but still is the same.
There was no current problem at all, ensure a fuse, and intending to verify a schematic of the player dvd not find a solution to no one.
I live here, which Jaguar service in Korea's engineers also this does not solve the problems.
Now we've got to that jaguar, genuine dvd I trying to have to buy players and navigation cd
I can't save In Korea, Jaguar, the navigation dvd
So loding kwi the file.
Dvd by copying the vehicle's ignition after one minute into the vehicle, the distance of about 15 or 20 minutes of arriving on foot several times by a vain attempt to remain the same screen is only,
Do you have what will I have overlooked?
And I don't know, dvd a map with me you can e-mail a file?
Thank you.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Default Kiwi file

Originally Posted by Jong ho Baeg
High budgie
I am due to this problem made purchases until the new monitor.
You need time to change the new monitor to error code to think of the swap, but still is the same.
There was no current problem at all, ensure a fuse, and intending to verify a schematic of the player dvd not find a solution to no one.
I live here, which Jaguar service in Korea's engineers also this does not solve the problems.
Now we've got to that jaguar, genuine dvd I trying to have to buy players and navigation cd
I can't save In Korea, Jaguar, the navigation dvd
So loding kwi the file.
Dvd by copying the vehicle's ignition after one minute into the vehicle, the distance of about 15 or 20 minutes of arriving on foot several times by a vain attempt to remain the same screen is only,
Do you have what will I have overlooked?
And I don't know, dvd a map with me you can e-mail a file?
Thank you.
Hi there.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles it can be a nightmare, have you got a genuine DVD because thats what you need to fire it up?? I tried everything to get mine started ssme arror code as you tried every disc I had all ebay copies and nothing, then i managed to get a original didnt think it would work ##put it in and it fired straight up thats your next step.
Good luck

Old 10-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default @Jag Tech

Hi JagTech if you're still around I would really need your assistance I messed up with my navi and now I am stuck on black screen and 50 51 code on AC screen the car is a 2004 STR N vin code it was working fine but I pressed the S?W update and ...well don't have the system software dvd I also tried a hard reset (disconnected the battery but no joy. Hope you can help!

Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
Dont keep searching for s/w updates. That was the latest one. What you need is map DVD. I am in process of trying to find the 2008 disc. Will keep all posted.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

most of the problems encountered are the result of panic and finger trouble.
All the protocols for the satnav, the screen and the controls around the screen are installed from the satnav DVD.
Once the loading process has started it must not be stopped until it is completed that is signified by a leaping Jaguar on the screen. the screen will go black during the process but do not panic just wait until the process is finished. this will take between 5 & 10 minutes.
I cannot comment on the KWI file but with a navigation update to a newer version, if you interrupt the loading process it will result in your heater going full blast and error codes 50/51 being displayed, this means communication between the controls and the module has been lost. At this stage your orignal disc will not reload as the system has partially updated to the new protocol.

My experience has been to use a later version of the mapping disc to reboot the system.

For the umpteen time:

Switch on the ignition and remove the old disc.

Start the engine and insert the new disc. ( running the engine is to keep the battery charged)

Do not panic when the screen goes black and do not stop the process or touch any of the controls.

Relax and wait for the leaping jaguar to appear on the screen now all the controls will be re-established and the navigation information will be installed when you select the nav system and all the options of region and preferences will be available.

You will notice that the operating system of the nav will have been updated with new icons and options.

The hardware is extremely robust and usually the faults are software programming.

I hope this helps.

Greytop and thanks to all those on the Forum who have taken the time and made the effort to help me.

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen