X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Addendum to previous message

To make it clearer: I should have said the ignition should be turned off after removing the original disc and the engine started prior too inserting the new disc.

My apologies

Greytop

Old 11-19-2015, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did the same thing you did with in the diagnostic tool and my results arevthe same.

Originally Posted by solidx
I will email you with instructions.
Please send me instructions on how to restore it back to normal or better. Oneteamgear@gmail.com

Old 11-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Default blank nav screen

Originally Posted by solidx
Sorry guys I was off the forum for a long time and just check this threat. here is the file you will need to get rid of the blank screen.
1. Burn in a Dual layer DVD using the slowest speed.
2. Turn on car, insert disk.
3. Turn off car.
4. Turn on car and wait for it to start reading. It should come up automatically.

Latest LOADING.KWI
The file to that link is gone.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:32 PM

I recently removed the RCCM to repair damage caused by a failed heater valve, since then I had an error "the inserted disk is not a map DVD". I had no idea the disk was even in the drive and wrongly assumed the unit was trying to do some sort of update, I went into the factory menu and pressed software update. I was given 2 options "boot from dvd" or "boot from CF". SInce the DVD was the issue I figured "boot from CF" would men internal memory.
Evidently not! blank screen and error 50, 51, ext now scrolls on the dash.

Thanks to a night in searching the net reading advice (mainly here), I downloaded the loading.kwi file, burned to disk and inserted in the boot. I now have full control back but notice a couple of changes. The logo startup screen used to be green but is now black background, and, strangely, route directions no longer appear in the LCD on the instrument cluster (they used to duplicate the directions on the touch screen.

Anyway, thanks all for the help, and to settle what appears to be a disagreement over the location of the loading.kwi file: some say it is present on the Jaguar disk and that is all you need, others say not. Well I say it may well be present on the new update DVD but it does not seem to be present on the standard factory supplied disk, I guess it was issued as a hardware update combined with the latest map DVD so those with 2001 disks may need the seperate download.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Default blank nav screen need reboot

Originally Posted by Grahams V8
I recently removed the RCCM to repair damage caused by a failed heater valve, since then I had an error "the inserted disk is not a map DVD". I had no idea the disk was even in the drive and wrongly assumed the unit was trying to do some sort of update, I went into the factory menu and pressed software update. I was given 2 options "boot from dvd" or "boot from CF". SInce the DVD was the issue I figured "boot from CF" would men internal memory.
Evidently not! blank screen and error 50, 51, ext now scrolls on the dash.

Thanks to a night in searching the net reading advice (mainly here), I downloaded the loading.kwi file, burned to disk and inserted in the boot. I now have full control back but notice a couple of changes. The logo startup screen used to be green but is now black background, and, strangely, route directions no longer appear in the LCD on the instrument cluster (they used to duplicate the directions on the touch screen.

Anyway, thanks all for the help, and to settle what appears to be a disagreement over the location of the loading.kwi file: some say it is present on the Jaguar disk and that is all you need, others say not. Well I say it may well be present on the new update DVD but it does not seem to be present on the standard factory supplied disk, I guess it was issued as a hardware update combined with the latest map DVD so those with 2001 disks may need the seperate download.

could you please send me the link to get the kwi file so that I may down load it?

Old 01-18-2016, 03:16 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts
Old 01-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Default Blank display screen

I did the same thing my display screen is blank on my 2006 s-type no matter what I do, disconnect battery etc. the screen is dark

Old 01-29-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bablitz123
I did the same thing my display screen is blank on my 2006 s-type no matter what I do, disconnect battery etc. the screen is dark
Anyone have a DVDs file they can email me ??

Old 01-30-2016, 01:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

The file didn't work? Need to burn the disc correctly.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:06 AM

I have the same problem. Was trying to get my Nav DVD to be recognised...went and pressed software update. I need a disk. Could you please email me the new software so I can burn a DVD-R and get it back up and running? My car is SType 2.7 Deisel Sport manual 54 plate.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member

Just download it.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 PM

Please help. I accidentally hit "boot from CF"and got a blank screen and error 50, 51, ext now scrolls on the dash.

Anyone have a DVDs/files? Please help.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:11 AM

Hi guys, just joined, hello everyone. Thought I'd share my woes reference the "50 51" fault. So, the screen went blank, flashing up with the 50 51 code. I pulled the dvd reader, opened it, cleaned it, gently though on the eye / laser. Took the battery off, left if for 4 hours, held the leads together etc, reinstalled the dvd unit, put the battery back on and, yep, same code. So, checked to see if the dvd is spinning up, yep, and, nice red glow from the laser. Plan b then, grabbed a second hand unit, non touch screen, some guy on a jaguar Facebook owners club said it's a direct swap, don't worry about the plugs, they'll fit. Erm, I'll be polite, but, COMPLETELY different. Although the radio now works lol. So, plan c is in operation, fleabay puts a nav reader at £150 quid. Ridiculous money for what it is, so, my questions are as follows

Is there an aftermarket unit that will fit

Has anyone changed the wiring to fit an older non touch screen version

Has anyone got a working dvd reader and disc that they aren't selling for ridiculous money

Thank you all in advance

Old 09-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

Special interfaces. No aftermarket I think.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Default Blank sat nav screen

Yep, nothing aftermarket, having trolled everywhere, there is nothing aftermarket that will work.

On the same issue, if you have the 50 51 issue, and it's blasting you with hot air, I've taken the aircon relay out and the fuse, now instead of the aircon being on all the time and hitting the fuel economy, I have normal air, as in not scalding hot in your face air, but, normal temperature outside air.

The relay and fuse are both located in the engine bay, fuse number 23 and relay number 6 (on 2003 x type 2.1 v6)

Hope this gives some relief to some of you with the same issue.

As for aftermarket stuff, there is nothing out there that's even close, so, I'm still looking for a working did unit and dvd disc for not stupid money.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:20 AM
Default Black Sat Nav Touch screen.

Dear FactoryJaguarTech,
good morning from Kampala.

I have a Jaguar S type MY-2002 with a blank screen. I bought it got it used from Japan and the the handbook is all in Japanese and not helpful at all.

I have red a post on how you helped someone with a similar problem and need your help too.

Kindly send me the Software too. my email is ivanomoding@yahoo.co.uk
We do not have a Jaguar agent in Uganda, so we fully depend on forums like this.

Kindly help.

Old 09-24-2016, 04:04 AM
Veteran Member

Just download what you want. All free.

Old 10-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Default Black navigation sirene code ext 50/51

Good afternoon. I m Mozambican nas músicas english os very poor. I busy a jaguar x type v6 2004 and i make a mistake making a restart and muito screen os blanked With the code 50/51. Please i Need a file to burn the sw dvd. Can you help me?

Old 11-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Default Blank screen 50/51error codes

Do u still have that software available

Old 11-26-2016, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member

Just download it.

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen