Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Navigation screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ext 50 - 51 - c1

I'm Italian so I apologize for my English translation
I Am a new member and have the same problem, whit my x-type 2.2d (2006) :while I was traveling the nav screen went black, hvac only blows out defrost, buttons arround screen do not light up and codes c1 50 & 51.
I read the post and would like to try a software upgrade, but my DVD does not eject the disc.is the second time that this error ... in both the times the machine was stopped for a week, may be the battery?
we showed the car battery and it looks bad (11.5 v), may depend on this?
had already done it once but suddenly he was adjusted and do nothing
anyone can give me the link for the file software upgrade? need some information? thank you very much

The following users liked this post:
Luca Italy (03-03-2024)
Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My blank screen with error codes 50 and 51 was caused by failure of the drive in the trunk. I paid my dealer $115 to perform the diagnosis and advise me on repair.
I searched the junk yard database and found a car on the other side of the USA with a drive in its trunk for which I paid $150 plus shipping. The dealer had recommended I do this rather than pay him $2380 for a new one. He stated I would have to get it "programmed to the car" for another $115. When the part arrived, I put it in the car and performed the diagnostic as posted on page 4 of this thread myself and it is working fine in all modes.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Forum

It's me again. I dindn't reciev any e-mail with the software-file. I was in a Jaguar-Garage and they tell me that the control module with the number C2S48025 is broken. It will cost 4'500 Swiss Francs Does anybody have a idea where i can buy this module cheaper, or anybody has a other number. maybe in a ford focus or in any car else is the same module built-in.

Thanks in advanced.
Patrik

Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 PM

From Italy. I am not a mechanic. I´ll try to explain my problem in English. It´s a Jaguar X-Type Sport. 2.5 Traction 4 2002 Appears on the LCD display a "clock symbol EXT and 50" blinking after another it´s just "51". Automaic air is blowing a lot of hot air. The touch screen is black. Any button from the panel control does not work.please help me.thank u all

Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Weird! I tried to reply to this thread and I am not sure were it went.

I am having the same exact problem.

Will try the hard reset, just want to make sure that you are saying I hold down the menu and phone button while somebody unplugs the car battery?

I believe I need the DVD as well. Will send you a private message with my email.

Looking forward to doing this.

Thank you all!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm a little concerned because I tried to eject the DVD out of the drive which is in my trunk on top of my cd changer and it doesn't eject.

Read in a different post that the guys replaced the DVD rom and it worked.

Don't have the resources so I am hoping someone reads this post soon and send me the software.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 PM

My blank screen problem was solved by locating and replacing a faulty fuse, #44 which is the one that has to do with the Navigation system ECU, CD player, ICE head unit. Contrary to you saying, "Without the disk in the player in the trunk system no work...", the screen is no longer blank and everything seems to be working??? I was told that a disc is not necessary for the screen to function. I do appreciate you offering your response however.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry guys I was off the forum for a long time and just check this threat. here is the file you will need to get rid of the blank screen.
1. Burn in a Dual layer DVD using the slowest speed.
2. Turn on car, insert disk.
3. Turn off car.
4. Turn on car and wait for it to start reading. It should come up automatically.

Latest LOADING.KWI

The following users liked this post:
Luca Italy (03-03-2024)
Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM

Do I need to start engine? or only I position to run radio or II position?

I tried to do it but still no screen...

I recorded that KWI file into dvd-r single layer. Is it important to record it on double layer disc? Please send me the file

ron.novy@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Default Bank screen

I had this same problem. I took the X-Type to my local mechanic. He hooked up his diagnostic computer and after checking several codes, at length came to the conclusion that it was fuse #44, the Navigation system ECU, CD player, ICE head unit. Popped in a new one and up came the Jaguar leaper on the screen. Everything working. I was lucky - I hope this simple fix will solve your problem.

I bought my Sportwagon secondhand and it did not come with a navigation disc, nor have I purchased one. Everything else on the screen functions just fine.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 AM
ayo

@emerald, thanks very much i will try that as welll but i was in the jaguar garage and he sid i need £1500 for change of the module. will be glad if we can speak on phone or chat. also the cd players works in front just the screen and all control botton and air blowin in front.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:56 AM
ayo

thanks very much for your respond. i am glad i saw people like you. i try to visit jaguar garage and i was told i have to buy another module and i cant afford it bcos i just believe there will be another way .
you know the cd player works in from but the screen and all the botton is dead and the hot air blowing is my major problem. pls, how can i hook you or can we talk on phone bcos i live very far from you (Manchester) and i will be glad if you can help me with the cd and i return it
can you send me you email or just drop phone number so i can contact you.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:14 PM

I have a few questions:
1. will this work with an 02 x type
2. does this have to be burned to a dual layer dvd. I just dragged and dropped on a sinlge layer disk. but did not work.
Could you please send me the file through E-mail juang444@aol.com
Thank you.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Default Same Issue

I am new to the Jaguar X-Type. I am also having the exact same 50/51 Navigation codes. I'm hoping the "Jaguar Tech" can help me out the same way with whatever file it is I need.... My system is dead in the water.

Robyn White

Old 10-23-2012, 05:52 PM

I had the same problem on my S-type. Self inflicted by getting button crazy and all of a sudden poof it was dead. Same errors and everythting that is described here. I went to the dealer (or get online) and I bought the latest NAV maps disk. Put it in the DVD player and in about 5 minutes...it all came back to normal just like that. In fact I think it works a little better. The graphics on the NAV map is a bit crisper than before and I may be crazy here but i swear the factory ICE sounds better as well.
What is interesting though is that I have read on other parts of the forums that 2003 is the most recent system update and that for that you loose the leaper and get some clock. I am happy to say that with the 2012 NAV maps disk I bought I still have the leaper. not sure about that one but I know the new nav disk will fix your problem.

What ever you do DO NOT let the dealer tell you that the DVD wont fix your problem. It will.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Good Afternoon,

i am trying to fix a friend's Jaguar S-Type ( 2002 model, 3.0l), which has the following symptoms:

- Erratic Disc reading for the Navigation disc.
- IMpossible to eject disc

He brought the car to a so called " professional" who just made it worse ( lol ).

Now the unit symptoms are:

- Black Screen
- No climate control at all
- Error codes 50 and 51 on the LCD small screen
- Radio is working

I checked and cleaned up the lens of the Nav reader, now i can put and remove the disc with no troubles, but i stil have a black screen ?

Trunk had water inside, i noticed that 4 nutscrews were loose ( the one retaining the rear bumper) so i retightened with also marine / car mastic and also cleaned up the large seal on the truck + added a bit of sealant wherever needed ( now no more water in the trunk).

If someone could PM me the software CD link that would be awesome so i could try a sw update maybe ?

Thank you very much,

Fabien

Old 11-04-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by solidx
jeez - long time I have not check this forum. I have a kiwi file that might help those. Please PM email.
Hi do u still have the file can u send time colintran@optusnet.net.au thanks

Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Default can i have that update too please

Hi FJT would it be possible for me to have that software too please, i bought a new nav disk off ebay and it has crashed my system, im going to europe soon too so am totally gutted. Thankyou in advance

Old 11-08-2012, 06:56 AM

found the software a few posts above, but same thing i have only a single layer dvd, does it have to be dual layer??

Quick Reply: Blank Navigation screen